The producers of the variety show said, "On Wednesday, news reports on Jan Geun Suk's tax evasion were released. When the producers checked with the agency, they said that it wasn't done intentionally and, because he had already paid the fine, the actor had no legal obligation in the issue."
They continued, "There are still follow-up reports on the matter and our viewers have raised concerns about his appearance on the show. The producers decided that this was not the most suitable time for Jang Geun Suk to be on air and, after discussing with his agency, we came to a mutual agreement that he should drop out."
Lastly, the producers revealed that they will be editing out Jang Geun Suk's pre-filmed portions on the show. They said, "From now on, the broadcasting will shift its main focus onto Yoo Hae Jin and Cha Seung Won. In terms of the filmed portions, we will be editing out Jang Geun Suk's portion as much as possible."
The producers of the show also revealed that there will be a slight delay in the premiere of the program because of the extra time that they will need in order to edit the episode. Instead of the originally airing date of January 15, the first episode of 'Three Meals a Day' will be on January 23.
Meanwhile, the producers of the variety show also expressed their regret about the incident and said that they will be providing the viewers with a much more fruitful first episode next week.