[Tournament Semi-Finals] Which idol is the best singer?

Vote for the best singer in all of K-pop!

Vote now!

[Breaking] Ahreum leaving T-ara for solo debut

July 10, 2013 @ 8:40 am
by elliefilet
  • 1
  • 0
  • 883
  • 186204
  • 4126

Ahreum has been confirmed to be leaving T-ara to pursue a solo career.

After joining T-ara as the 8th member last July, she debuted with "Day by Day" and was also active with T-ara N4 for their "Countryside Life" promotions, but it seems her run with T-ara has come to a quick end.

In a video posted to T-ara's official fan cafe, Ahreum said, "There's a new update. It looks like I'll be seeing you all as a solo artist. Don't forget T-ara's Ahreum. Thank you for giving me so much love. I felt so much love at the fan meeting and while promoting with T-ara. In the future, I'll be meeting you all with an image that's a few thousand times better than the Ahreum you saw in 'Countryside Life'. The time I had with the unnis will be a fond memory, but Ahreum will most likely be returning solo. Still, the unnis will continue to be active, so don't forget them and don't forget Ahreum either. Ahreum fighting and T-ara fighting. Thank you so much for loving Ahreum until now. Please don't ever forget the songs or performance I had with T-ara. I miss you. I love you."

The agency stated that the reasons Ahreum is becoming a solo artist are so she could focus on hip hop, which she's always been interested in, as well as to give her the chance to pursue other activities like acting.

T-ara will now be promoting with the six original members Q-ri, Boram, Soyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin, and JiyeonCore Contents Media is also currently deciding whether to replace Ahreum with Dani, who fans were also introduced to last year as an upcoming member, in T-ara N4.

SEE ALSO: T-ara to perform for Malaysian royalty + 'Fashion King' models!

Source: Osen, Sports Chosun

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 881 comments

Sort by:

EXO_L_4_Life
· Posted January 1, 2015 @ 4:04 pm

Now that I think about it... maybe T-ara was destined to have only 6 members.......anyways....no more new members, no 7th member.....

anafarhanah
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:14 pm

i don't know what are they thinking(especially the CEO) they should either NEVER add any new member to T-ara or let the seniors in T-ara(original 6 members) make a solo debut rather than Ahreum who only a year ++ debut as singer.

usasone
· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 11:00 am

What is it about this group that they keep going through members like this? Maybe they should just stick the original 6 members and forget about trying making it a 7 member group.

lilazntara
· Posted July 17, 2013 @ 8:31 pm
I totally agree. 6-ARA is good enough, no need for 7 members. Especially if they keep dropping members like this.
cielcl
· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 11:41 am
After School though .... just saying
usasone
· Posted January 5, 2015 @ 12:59 am
@cielcl I think After School sub unit, Orange Caramel, is way better than the main group.

ruxy13
· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 6:40 am

I'm happy for Ahreum,I wish her good luck,I'll support Ahreum but...Why they change T-ara members like this?Fans was really sad when Hwayoung leave and they started love Ahreum as a T-ara member and now after a very short time she debut as a solo...And how about Dani?

bluetabi
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

who's still in T-ara?

only_perfection
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 10:50 am

Ugh! Haven't we all had enough of this member crap already??

marmar3
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 3:20 am

And good luck to Ahreum and her future

marmar3
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 3:20 am

If T-ara wants to have even a chance of less drama in the future then no more NEW members! >_<

lazy_panda
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

Hello everyone!! I recently started my own YouTube channel, where I talk about some of the things I like, in this case K-pop and Anime. I will mostly be uploading reviews and maybe some vlogs here and there on a weekly basis. Anyway, I would like to invite you to check the content out and tell me what you think. Here is the link:

Bye!! Cashew all later...

xsimplydashingx
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

wow i didn't expect this to happen so soon... i wish her the best!

wgfan21
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Well I knew this was coming sooner or later. Good luck in the future Ahreum.

-11

karkar
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

looks like everytime a new member arrives the original members work together in order to kick her out

krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 4:59 pm
You are inferring conclusions that may have NO basis in fact. I doubt that you personally know ANYONE that is a member of T-ara. Okay, you read this, you heard that, and suddenly a theory popped into your head, and of course that is 'CREDIBLE.' ;-)
karkar
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 5:34 pm
@krevice and, do you?

nhatsky
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

I never understood why T-ara needed new members in the first place tbh.

fetsborj
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 11:50 pm
hwayoung was added cuz of her rapping skills (as you can see she was the best rapper in T-ara...until she left), ahreum was added cuz soyeon was pressured to be main vocalist. and she's the best rapper in T-ara since hwa left
nhatsky
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 4:30 pm
@fetsborj of course they have their qualities but t-ara was already awesome without them
fetsborj
· Posted August 7, 2013 @ 11:51 pm
@nhatsky yeah, the ceo is really really dumb. but i still hope those two wont waste their talents

hottest_aileean
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 8:44 am

more like 'she got bullied as well but the company thought that it would ruin their image and made up an excuse'

idk seems a little fishy.

xavier2
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 9:32 pm
exactly

nddv
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 7:05 am

I really don't want Dani to join T-ara though.. I like the original six members. I don't see the point of them keep adding new members, it's pointless.

lissandbliss
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 5:00 am

Is this a really big deal? It's been on the front page for two days. It's not really controversy. Well, good luck to her? But with the limited knowledge I know about T-ara, isn't Dani a bit too young to join? She kind of looks out of place when standing among them. Don't know what plan CCM is coming up next...

karkar
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:14 pm
of course is not

yeonlover
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 4:09 am

The reason why i totally OPPOSE Dani being added to T-ara is not bcuz she lack looks or training. Its cuz Dani had NEVER WANTED TO BE AN IDOL. SHE HAD NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER IN BEING A SINGER OR DANCER. and yet, CCM just picked her up cuz she 'looked' right. Dani is not at fault. any girl would have just taken this opportunity. but i dont think she DESERVES to be with T-ara who have worked their butts off for the past 3 years

only_perfection
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 10:53 am
Totally agree. Dani-Ugh!!
SunnyNWonderful
· Posted September 25, 2013 @ 8:46 pm
If that's you're reasoning, a lot of idols now should just get kicked out, too. A lot of idols got picked up randomly on the street, too, like SNSD's Yoona and Seohyun and 2PM's Nichkhun.

yeonlover
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 4:01 am

i dont know about u guys but im happy alright!! i have never disliked ahreum or dani, but i didnt like the idea of new people being added into T-ara. it spoils the harmony t-ara members had built for 3 years

choigreentea
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:21 am

When is Dani gonna join T-ARA? I have been waiting for her and i haven't heard from her since.. never lol I've been waiting really long for DANI!! :'(

-17

xavier2
· Posted July 11, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

what really concerns me is why are there so many people that believe anything that ccm spoon feeds you?you know it's bullshit but yet you keep swallowing?T-ara is still alive because of a large established fanbase,so the girls will march on in the face of hatred all for the almighty dollar.

krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 11:46 am
I would say that you do not KNOW for certain whether the members of T-ara are say WORSE people (personally) than (for example) say Girls Generation (everyone's favorites?). You have an OPINION about it; and that is all it really is. You don't KNOW any of these K-pop members personally (my guess). And as far as T-ara is concerned, it is NOT clear that ALL of the members of T-ara wanted anyone removed from the their group; or bullied anyone. I'd suggest that you find AKP articles about K-pop groups that you LIKE them; and post messages there. Does EVERYONE have to percieve T-ara as you do? ;-)
krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 1:16 pm
I'll add that these repetitive posted messages of hatred (by you and others) towards T-ara, are NOW beginning to generate exactly the OPPOSITE of what you've intended to accomplish. After one year of it (T-ara/hatred from some), you're moving into a VENDETTA type of behavior. And now, increasingly, I'd guess that more will begin to feel SYMPATHY for T-ara, at this point. NOT YOU, of course; you seem quite consumed with your hatred of T-ara.
krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 2:03 pm
... have to PERCEIVE T-ara ... (typo fix)