[Breaking] Ahreum leaving T-ara for solo debut

by elliefilet
  • 1
  • 0
  • 881
  • 183648
  • 4122

Ahreum has been confirmed to be leaving T-ara to pursue a solo career.

After joining T-ara as the 8th member last July, she debuted with "Day by Day" and was also active with T-ara N4 for their "Countryside Life" promotions, but it seems her run with T-ara has come to a quick end.

In a video posted to T-ara's official fan cafe, Ahreum said, "There's a new update. It looks like I'll be seeing you all as a solo artist. Don't forget T-ara's Ahreum. Thank you for giving me so much love. I felt so much love at the fan meeting and while promoting with T-ara. In the future, I'll be meeting you all with an image that's a few thousand times better than the Ahreum you saw in 'Countryside Life'. The time I had with the unnis will be a fond memory, but Ahreum will most likely be returning solo. Still, the unnis will continue to be active, so don't forget them and don't forget Ahreum either. Ahreum fighting and T-ara fighting. Thank you so much for loving Ahreum until now. Please don't ever forget the songs or performance I had with T-ara. I miss you. I love you."

The agency stated that the reasons Ahreum is becoming a solo artist are so she could focus on hip hop, which she's always been interested in, as well as to give her the chance to pursue other activities like acting.

T-ara will now be promoting with the six original members Q-ri, Boram, Soyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin, and JiyeonCore Contents Media is also currently deciding whether to replace Ahreum with Dani, who fans were also introduced to last year as an upcoming member, in T-ara N4.

SEE ALSO: T-ara to collaborate with Chinese singers Chopstick Brothers for remake of 'Little Apple'

Source: Osen, Sports Chosun

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 881 comments

Sort by:

anafarhanah
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:14 pm

i don't know what are they thinking(especially the CEO) they should either NEVER add any new member to T-ara or let the seniors in T-ara(original 6 members) make a solo debut rather than Ahreum who only a year ++ debut as singer.

usasone
· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 11:00 am

What is it about this group that they keep going through members like this? Maybe they should just stick the original 6 members and forget about trying making it a 7 member group.

lilazntara
· Posted July 17, 2013 @ 8:31 pm
I totally agree. 6-ARA is good enough, no need for 7 members. Especially if they keep dropping members like this.
cielcl
· Posted October 10, 2013 @ 11:41 am
After School though .... just saying

ruxy13
· Posted July 15, 2013 @ 6:40 am

I'm happy for Ahreum,I wish her good luck,I'll support Ahreum but...Why they change T-ara members like this?Fans was really sad when Hwayoung leave and they started love Ahreum as a T-ara member and now after a very short time she debut as a solo...And how about Dani?

bluetabi
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

who's still in T-ara?

only_perfection
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 10:50 am

Ugh! Haven't we all had enough of this member crap already??

marmar3
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 3:20 am

And good luck to Ahreum and her future

marmar3
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 3:20 am

If T-ara wants to have even a chance of less drama in the future then no more NEW members! >_<

lazy_panda
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

Hello everyone!! I recently started my own YouTube channel, where I talk about some of the things I like, in this case K-pop and Anime. I will mostly be uploading reviews and maybe some vlogs here and there on a weekly basis. Anyway, I would like to invite you to check the content out and tell me what you think. Here is the link:

Bye!! Cashew all later...

xsimplydashingx
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

wow i didn't expect this to happen so soon... i wish her the best!

wgfan21
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Well I knew this was coming sooner or later. Good luck in the future Ahreum.

-11

karkar
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

looks like everytime a new member arrives the original members work together in order to kick her out

krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 4:59 pm
You are inferring conclusions that may have NO basis in fact. I doubt that you personally know ANYONE that is a member of T-ara. Okay, you read this, you heard that, and suddenly a theory popped into your head, and of course that is 'CREDIBLE.' ;-)
karkar
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 5:34 pm
@krevice and, do you?

nhatsky
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

I never understood why T-ara needed new members in the first place tbh.

fetsborj
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 11:50 pm
hwayoung was added cuz of her rapping skills (as you can see she was the best rapper in T-ara...until she left), ahreum was added cuz soyeon was pressured to be main vocalist. and she's the best rapper in T-ara since hwa left
nhatsky
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 4:30 pm
@fetsborj of course they have their qualities but t-ara was already awesome without them
fetsborj
· Posted August 7, 2013 @ 11:51 pm
@nhatsky yeah, the ceo is really really dumb. but i still hope those two wont waste their talents

hottest_aileean
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 8:44 am

more like 'she got bullied as well but the company thought that it would ruin their image and made up an excuse'

idk seems a little fishy.

xavier2
· Posted July 13, 2013 @ 9:32 pm
exactly

nddv
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 7:05 am

I really don't want Dani to join T-ara though.. I like the original six members. I don't see the point of them keep adding new members, it's pointless.

lissandbliss
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 5:00 am

Is this a really big deal? It's been on the front page for two days. It's not really controversy. Well, good luck to her? But with the limited knowledge I know about T-ara, isn't Dani a bit too young to join? She kind of looks out of place when standing among them. Don't know what plan CCM is coming up next...

karkar
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:14 pm
of course is not

yeonlover
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 4:09 am

The reason why i totally OPPOSE Dani being added to T-ara is not bcuz she lack looks or training. Its cuz Dani had NEVER WANTED TO BE AN IDOL. SHE HAD NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER IN BEING A SINGER OR DANCER. and yet, CCM just picked her up cuz she 'looked' right. Dani is not at fault. any girl would have just taken this opportunity. but i dont think she DESERVES to be with T-ara who have worked their butts off for the past 3 years

only_perfection
· Posted July 14, 2013 @ 10:53 am
Totally agree. Dani-Ugh!!
SunnyNWonderful
· Posted September 25, 2013 @ 8:46 pm
If that's you're reasoning, a lot of idols now should just get kicked out, too. A lot of idols got picked up randomly on the street, too, like SNSD's Yoona and Seohyun and 2PM's Nichkhun.

yeonlover
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 4:01 am

i dont know about u guys but im happy alright!! i have never disliked ahreum or dani, but i didnt like the idea of new people being added into T-ara. it spoils the harmony t-ara members had built for 3 years

choigreentea
· Posted July 12, 2013 @ 1:21 am

When is Dani gonna join T-ARA? I have been waiting for her and i haven't heard from her since.. never lol I've been waiting really long for DANI!! :'(

-17

xavier2
· Posted July 11, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

what really concerns me is why are there so many people that believe anything that ccm spoon feeds you?you know it's bullshit but yet you keep swallowing?T-ara is still alive because of a large established fanbase,so the girls will march on in the face of hatred all for the almighty dollar.

krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 11:46 am
I would say that you do not KNOW for certain whether the members of T-ara are say WORSE people (personally) than (for example) say Girls Generation (everyone's favorites?). You have an OPINION about it; and that is all it really is. You don't KNOW any of these K-pop members personally (my guess). And as far as T-ara is concerned, it is NOT clear that ALL of the members of T-ara wanted anyone removed from the their group; or bullied anyone. I'd suggest that you find AKP articles about K-pop groups that you LIKE them; and post messages there. Does EVERYONE have to percieve T-ara as you do? ;-)
krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 1:16 pm
I'll add that these repetitive posted messages of hatred (by you and others) towards T-ara, are NOW beginning to generate exactly the OPPOSITE of what you've intended to accomplish. After one year of it (T-ara/hatred from some), you're moving into a VENDETTA type of behavior. And now, increasingly, I'd guess that more will begin to feel SYMPATHY for T-ara, at this point. NOT YOU, of course; you seem quite consumed with your hatred of T-ara.
krevice
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 2:03 pm
... have to PERCEIVE T-ara ... (typo fix)

jjm
· Posted July 11, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

I feel bad for danee....

I am very sure that the company is about to dump t-ara.... so they started to split them up because Areum is still "fresh" not so much hater and stuff...

and Danee.. they are just using her for US stuff since her first language is english =.=

and they still can't dumped t-ara because of the contract in japanese company... or they might get sued and lost more money...