Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Live
Posted by elliefilet AKP STAFF 10 days ago

Watch Performances from the 'MelOn Music Awards 2018'!

misc.
The 'MelOn Music Awards 2018' was held at the Gocheok Dome in Seoul to recognize the top artists from December 2017 to October 2018.

The awards show, which is holding its 10th year, has established itself as one of the big four music awards ceremonies in South Korea alongside the 'Mnet Asian Music Awards', 'Golden Disk Awards', and 'Seoul Music Awards'. The 'MelOn Music Awards' is noted for its emphasis on digital sales and public votes to determine its winners.

This year's winning names were chosen from a pool of artists with the highest MelOn chart scores for the year by combining online fan votes, digital sales, and judge scores.

Check out the performances below!

[SEEALSO]https://www.allkpop.com/video/2018/12/check-out-the-winners-of-the-melon-music-awards-2018[/SEEALSO]

BTS

1. misc.
  2. MELON MUSIC AWARDS 2018
  3. MELON MUSIC AWARDS
20 Share 68% Upvoted

Hatneb 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

Today they have proven to the world that they are exceptional artists, BTS deserves the love of ARMY.

Mhizdarhmey 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

i still can't forgive BTS X BIGHIT because they wrecked my heart with that mind-blowing performances......my heart just hugged them tighter 😢

edurance 10 days ago 0
10 days ago
damn, (g)i-dle's performance production was out of this world!

Wasting_My_Life 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

I was watching Black Pink and was like "did i forget what stage presence was or are they just a bit lacking?" and then I watched Jeon Soyeon and was like "even if I don't know what it is she has it"

darkangel452 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

BTS' performance blew my mind!! It was so good! I loved the traditional korean theme.

STAY_IARMY_L 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

Congratulations to everyone that won

Daxel 9 days ago 0
9 days ago

1. BTS Did that

2. Mamamoo did that.

3. Ikon, was good, but they suck for not performing Killing Me. <,<

4. Blackpink... That's it? Like, come on, now, y'all disappointed me so much.

5. G-Idle did that.

That is all.

thealigirl8 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

i loved the IKON performance, the intro especially was beautiful

Shenaclouds (Banned) 10 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

little_giant 10 days ago 10
10 days ago

Now before yall downvote me hear me out: I just watched BTS's performance looking forward to seeing a unique one. And sure the parts where the other backdancers and other traditional performers came out were nice but I ended up skipping over them bc there was literally like no song playing except like an anime soundtrack lol. And then the songs finally start and im ready to see them do something different, but they do exactly the same performance and choreography that u can find in a weekend music show like musiccore. Idk... with such a big performance like this on a huge stage, I expected more.. like using the entire stage (which they had 20 minutes to do), but they only went off the mainstage in the last 2 minutes.

This is no hate towards BTS they are great and Im so proud of what theyve done in the US. Its more of complaining about how uniform everything and how similar every group is in korea nowadays.. Its just one choreography performed in different stages, with some other things added sometimes... No more planning unique things these years. For example they couldve like split the members into 3 groups and spread them out onstage and instead of doing the normal dance, they do their own improvised thing or something they practice beforehand at least. Just my 2 cents. And this is basically for all boy and girl groups. I just talked about BTS bc they had the highest expectations

casualunicorn 10 days ago 3

1) they performed an entirely new dance part composed of solos before Fake Love

2) Jungkook, J-Hope and Jimin performed entirely new special solos during a dance break between Fake love and IDOL

3) the "anime soundrack" that you mention was korean traditional music which is what the whole theme of IDOL is all about, congratulations to sounding ignorant AF
4) BTS's stages are never focused just on dance, their stages are a whole cohesive performance with a theme and a mood. they are not gonna do improv dance battle just so they can say they did it and that they used up the whole stage when they can perform an intricate number that has an actual point to it.
5) I don't know what performance did you watch but it evidently wasn't the one everyone else saw.

little_giant 10 days ago 2
10 days ago

haha im korean. i was talking about the first part not the one with obvious korean traditional symbols. Hey no one's right, this is a discussion and you and i both represent only ourselves

2 more replies

Mhizdarhmey 10 days ago 1
10 days ago

I can't point out what you are saying cos the whole performance was a huge hit... If you skipped through then you either dont like bts or you don't even like art and music at all.. Because that's the most amazing performance in my entire life

little_giant 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

it was in yours but not in mine and thats fine

Rainbow_Pearls 10 days ago 1

little_giant 10 days ago 0
10 days ago

make it a suppository laxative?

1 more reply