Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Discussions
Posted by kpopfansince2013 4 days ago

What You Should Know About the KPOP Industry Before Protecting BLACKPINK Jennie

A/N: This discussion is based on my own personal opinions and observations as a KPOP Fan. However, I do hope that this is an article that tries to be unbiased and helps you see both sides of the story while also showing you what I think of the situation.

Edit 2:

After a lot of debate and talking with many of the people that have commented. There are many things I see wrong with what I wrote. I stated that I was trying to be unbiased and show both sides of the story, yet I didn't do that - that was wrong of me. I also realize that I didn't really consider Jennie's POV and how her mental health may be affecting her performance. It was wrong of me to assume that Jennie's state of mind is normal and healthy and that she has no problems within her day to day life.

This is my new formulated opinion based on the comments I've read on this post and the video that has been shared with me.

I am disappointed in Jennie's lack of professionalism and how she has dealt with the problems that have occurred in her career thus far. However, I understand that she may be going through a tough time mentally and hopes that she can take a break to comeback healthier mentally.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of research I did before putting up my writing. I realize now that it was very wrong and spontaneous of me to do so.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The first thing I need to address is why are netizens criticizing BLACKPINK’s Jennie and her performances in the recent months. If you have not been caught up, a video was posted a while back that compared Jennie’s performances at the beginning of her debut to now. It shows how her performance seems to have become rather lackluster and weak in comparison to the other members of BLACKPINK.

Now, let’s focus on the KPOP Industry. The main things that I have noticed are important to any KPOP Group include musical ability, choreography, and entertainment. The thing about being a KPOP Idol is that you must be able to sing or rap, dance well, and be interesting enough that people will keep watching you. I am going to focus on choreography, because this is where netizens are claiming Jennie is lazy.

First and Foremost, every KPOP Fan must understand that many KPOP Companies train these idols hours and hours on end to assure that the choreography is executed powerfully and precisely.

When attempting to learn certain choreographies of KPOP Songs, I noticed that even though I knew the directions and movements of a choreography, it still didn’t look right in comparison to what the idols perform. This was because I was lacking in power, impact, and stage presence.

BLINKS have been protecting Jennie claiming that others are critical just because she has missed one move, but it’s not just missing a part of the choreography, she isn’t putting any power or precision into her movements. She’s just going through the motions.

If you look at the video of Jennie performing for an event in China, there are clear moments when she does not even bother to properly execute the proper dances as if it was still rehearsal. There have been claims that she has been placing less emphasis on the dance in order to focus on singing, but it is a given that any KPOP Idol should be able to sing somewhat stably while performing to their full potential at the same time.

I do acknowledge that Jennie could be stressed out or tired because of her solo debut. However, she was the one that chose this career path and should dedicate her time to working her hardest. If you look at many other idols, some have passed out and hurt themselves from working so hard. Jennie is not doing any of those things and she appears to be perfectly normal and healthy. The money she makes is dependent on her performance to her fans. If she does not perform to the best of her ability in front of her fans, should she really be making the money she is making?

Anyways, I conclude that BLACKPINK’s Jennie has become arrogant because of the popularity of BLACKPINK and her solo debut. When she lacks the motivation and work ethic of a KPOP Idol, there is nothing I can do but be disappointed in her. There is no excuse for her attitude toward the fanbase she has built. They have dedicated so much time and effort to help her reach success, yet she can’t even try to provide BLINKS with a good time to remember for their hard work?

Edit: After gaining a little more insight from your comments, I decided to do a little bit of 'research'. I found this Quora. I think it really sums up what I was trying to say while also adding in many things I overlooked.

1. Black Pink
  2. Jennie
61 Share 58% Upvoted

dancingbella23 3 days ago 5
3 days ago

If I may add something, I have learned and covered many kpop dances with my uni kpop dance group. We have done both boy and girl group dances. Boy group choreography are A LOT more tiring than girl groups, for example when we covered BTS FIRE, we basically lost energy by the time we finished the first chorus because there were so many jumps involved. Girl group dances on the other hand, are not as bad. We have just had a performance in November, where we combined half of Forever Young, all of Playing with Fire and half of DDDD together and danced almost 8 minutes straight. Yes it was tiring, but it was DOABLE. And 2 of the girls in the groups are not even trained dancers, they just practice 1-2 hours almost every day. If people like us can dance full out (with way more energy than Jennie) and we are just normal uni students, what excuse does Jennie, who is TRAINED to be a kpop idol, have???

kimjunkyu 3 days ago 4
3 days ago

Physical exhaustion seems to be the only exhaustion you understood and was talking about. Did you ever try to consider her having possible mental and emotional struggles? Jennie has trained long enough at YGE and that agency is infamous for their rigorous trainings and difficulty in surviving and enduring and yet Jennie managed to come through all of that and was even labelled as “YG’s secret ace”. She has consistently worked hard from her debut up until just recently (which is unfortunate). Now, don’t you think it seems a bit odd that someone who has worked their ass off for such a long time suddenly “slacks off”? Doesn’t it seem to imply on underlying issues we don’t have knowledge of? EMPATHIZE, please.

EducationSystem 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

That's entirely possible, but if that's the case you can't expect fans to understand unless that statement gets revealed to the public. It's terrible if YG is just trying to push her as much as he can while she's this popular. But what about the fans who saved money to see blackpink perform? They're human too, and Jennie isn't the only one struggling in life. Some fans might have hoped seeing their performance would give them enough strength going back to work/school the following week. Those fans would also get yelled at if they acted in the same manner at their respective jobs. If they should all be empathetic about this situation the fans also really deserve their money/time back. My point is we should empathize with both sides until we get a clear statement.

little_giant 3 days ago 1
3 days ago

what makes jennie different from rose or lisa or jisoo or the 2ne1 members back in the day?

generalteehee 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

yea how is she different? irene had the same problem but people get over it

SUnknown 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

Hmmm so shes the only person in that company who is exhausted? Wow... she must have it soooo much harder than everyone else. They ALL feel exhausted. They ALL deal with mental health issues. They ALL work just as hard. Stop making excuses for one person. Would u think its "unfortunate" she barely performs when u purchase a ticket to see her and she half assed it? Pretty sure u wouldn't. It's not about hating on her... if shes that exhausted then she needs to take a break and put herself before making some money. Although I will point out she looked perfectly fine in Paris during fashion week a few weeks before her "unfortunate" performance🤷‍♀️

Elkie 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

It's wrong to assume someone has mental health issues too. She or YG can easily come forward and offer an explanation, yet have chosen not to. The shielding over speculations is ridiculous. Her performances were poor and she owes an explanation.

EducationSystem 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

If you guys look at my old posts you'll know that I really like Jennie. But when you have instances where idols are performing in heels while its raining, getting up when they fall down hard(i think it was gfriend) saying that Jennie is doing her best is just ridiculous.

No matter how hard a trainee in South Korea works, Jennie is in a spot(rightly so) that so many trainees can only dream of being in. I've tried justifying her behavior by thinking: maybe she thinks its cute to us if she messes up, she (doesnt) dance like that because nobody is even watching her during other members parts. But there's really no excuse for her to not even do the motion when dancing is part of her profession. Everybody else in the world gets hate if they don't do their jobs properly. It's upsetting to even think about what Jisoo, Rose and Lisa feel about this situation.

gureumcloud 3 days ago 3
3 days ago

I honestly have no opinion on this, but I thought I'd drop in to mention that she's not just busy with her solo debut. She's also been participating in variety shows, and is currently a regular member of Yoo Jaesuk's newest program. The thing about this is that it's hard to tell how much of everything she's involved in is of her own volition and how much of it is her company pushing her so that they can milk as much money out of her while she's still hot in demand. It's not super common for an idol to become a hot commodity in the world of variety, for example, and her success on Running Man is likely causing her company to push her to make more appearances.

Also, everyone has varying different thresholds of fatigue tolerance. Just because she's not passing out, doesn't mean she's not tired. Of course, that doesn't mean she's not being lazy. I don't really know how to judge, and don't really care to.

dancingbella23 3 days ago 1
3 days ago

Do you remember the days when solo artists like Lee Hyori, Rain, etc..... also did that but danced wayyyyy more energetically than Jennie? Because I remember...

little_giant 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

I do remember as well. And boy they were a pleasure to watch. Professional and talented instead of just talented.

kimjunkyu 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

Was about to say the exact same thing about stress and pain thresholds. Finally, someone educated enough to understand mental health and its complexities.

little_giant 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

Guys who are complaining... its literally right in front of your eyes. Stop with all the "shes mentally weak" or "physically tired" crap. It's plain and simple and on youtube. One day when she's performing with her other members, shes slacking off and not giving it her all. The next day when she's performing by herself for her solo song, shes dancing hard. That's whats really unfortunate to see and nonprofessional

funsun0 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

" If you look at many other idols, some have passed out and hurt themselves from working so hard. Jennie is not doing any of those things"

This is so stupid. It's not like is a good thing that kpop idols work until they hurt themselves, you have to acknowledge that this is problematic and just because people haven't seen her faint yet does not mean she's lazy or arrogant.

Kpop idols work really hard, it's not something that only effects their bodys but their minds as well, we don't know whats going on in their heads. Living with that much pressure is not sustainable. It's not realistic to demand idols to be perfect and at their best 100% of the time. Jennie trained under yg for 6 years, that's just proof that she's determent, hard working and talented.

Cash 3 days ago 1

Good article.

Biggiecheese_18 3 days ago 0

Clearly not

StCatMouse 3 days ago 1
3 days ago

The post script is actually helpful and I applaud the author. The problem I had with the original article is not the content but it did commit the rhetorical fallacy of begging the question. I kinda get what the author is going for but the way it was framed is counter to his/her claim of unbiased perspective - which you he/she could eschewed as this is an opinion piece anyway. One can have an opinion and still be open to a conversation and be challenged by the readers.

little_giant 1 day ago 0
1 day ago

lol completely unrelated but your comment reminds me of my high school AP Lang essays

little_giant 1 day ago 0
1 day ago

Why has mental health become such a grave issue in recent times? Why have suicide rates gone up so much and why are there so many mass shootings now? It's either we are becoming weak as a generation, or culturally, something has messed up

ATA 3 days ago 2
3 days ago

I'll go ahead and say it. Your opinion is bullshit! The fact that you have decided that because recently her lack of power in her dances is due to ARROGANCE and that therefore her not dancing 100% automatically translates as a bad attitude shows a complete lack of understanding of human beings. The fact is NOT ONE of us knows what's going on behind the scenes. Nobody knows what Jennie and the rest of the group are doing when they're not performing. Do we know their schedule? Do we know what their sleep cycles are like? Their mental health? Do we know what her physical state is like? No. We don't know anything. We know she's been working, practicing and performing her solo at music shows. We know she's in New variety shows and we know she's been having concerts. But that's only the stuff we see in front of us, we don't really know anything behind the scenes. And I hate this whole "Jennie is lazy" witch hunt. We should be asking "what's going on with Jennie?" "why is Jennie not dancing 100% these days"? "should we be asking for the company to look into her physical and mental health?" but instead of people asking questions or being concerned FIRST, everyone decided "bitch is lazy and arrogant, how dare she?"

kpopfansince2013 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

I'm sorry you think my opinion is bullshit but I'm not sure if you read my Edit 2. I specifically stated "I really liked intricate's link to a video that addresses a more unbiased opinion of Jennie. So, I hope you watch that video rather than read my bad article." I understand that I was in the wrong and that I should have considered Jennie's Mental Health, but you should also pay attention to what you've read. I am a learning kpop fan and I'd appreciate it if you look at how my opinion has changed rather than what my original intent was.

little_giant 1 day ago 0
1 day ago

Sure we dont know what shes doing exactly.. but we can sure as hell compare her to other people in her profession who are promoting more and have more in their schedules.. And they dont ever slack in performances. Mental health? I'm pretty sure YG is able to afford mental counseling that the other poorer agencies cant

kimjunkyu 3 days ago 1
3 days ago

Dear writer, please do educate yourself about mental health before trying to “conclude” something

kimjunkyu 3 days ago 0

#Discussion

Alfen 3 days ago 19
3 days ago

so in order for her to get rest, she should passed out ? is that what you're implying ?

kpopfansince2013 3 days ago 18
3 days ago

I'm not saying that she should pass out. However, there is no reason to believe she is tired or weak at the moment because she is working so hard. She's hardly put in any effort in her performances. Is there any evidence that implicates she's working her hardest for BLINKS?

intricate 3 days ago 17
3 days ago

Ever thought that maybe she knows her limit and is making sure she can actually continue to carry out her job as best as she can?

Also, I should add I don't particularly care for BlackPink, but I do care about pointing out BS.

17 more replies

Biggiecheese_18 3 days ago 2
3 days ago

That kind of shitty articles is exactly why I tought letting everyone write on this website was bad idea. You're just throwing nonsense to hate on her when you clearly don't even try to know her, we can see it when you say she became "arrogant". You're patethic

little_giant 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

lol how do we try to know her. Its all assumptions made based on whats shown on media. None of us have any insider access to really know what it is

kpopfansince2013 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

I don't really appreciate you calling me 'pathetic' when I put in an edit that shows my opinion has changed. I only kept my original article as a way for people to see what I originally thought. Similar to what I told ATA, I'm not sure if you've read Edit 2. Near the end of that part, I specifically said, "I really liked intricate's link to a video that addresses a more unbiased opinion of Jennie. So, I hope you watch that video rather than read my bad article." I hope you understand that I don't think Jennie is arrogant anymore. I am only disappointed in seeing the presentation of herself as an idol and how she cannot maintain the professionalism she should have as an idol. I understand that she may be going through a rough patch or is not mentally okay, but her career is mainly based on the fans she has. So, when she doesn't show a good performance for her fans - even if she is not mentally at her best, there is no reason that she should be doing such a lackluster job of it. There is a certain standard of professionalism that comes with being an idol in this type of industry.

Nikynik345lt3Ros 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

Jennie is doing her job the best she can with all the changes she has had to endure. She has to work twice as much as the other members currently. She wakes up earlier and gets in later. She is doing a lot more than she normally has done in the past. Also, you can clearly see that Jennie is gaining weight because of stress eating. She barely has abs anymore. Obviously her body is trying to adjust to a more rigorous schedule and she isn't clearly managing all of the changes in her life. She seems so tired, plus she had issues before with dizziness and her dieting so she really needs her managers at YG to step up and the girls should already have an on site nutritionist telling them what to eat. I also think she has trouble sleeping and she really can't afford to get less sleep right now. The stress, working more than she's used to, and pressure to be on top and successful would get to anyone but I don't think she's handling it very well. She could be on the verge of depression too. Ya'll don't know shit about what might be happening with her so before you judge figure out your own life's.

feblas (Banned) 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

I Earned $5000 last month by the use of operating on-line most effective for five to eight hours on my pc and this was so clean that i in my opinion could not accept

as authentic with earlier than running in this website. if you too want to earn this type of huge coins then come and be a part of us. do this internet-website on

line..www.GeoSalary.com

GretaLife (Banned) 3 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

ellenjordan (Banned) 3 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

-12

holdthisLnoobs 3 days ago 8
3 days ago

I have no doubt in my mind that Jennie was a bully (not anymore because she's out of school and in the spotlight). Just look at her face, that's a bad bitch who knows she's a bad bitch. I don't care though, she can step all over my chest and bully my life away, lmao. She's so good looking and very lucky to be because as long as you're hot as fuck you can get away with mostly anything. On her laziness though, I don't care about that either. She IS lazy, users like Sandybee3 can cry all fucking day refusing to believe the actual EVIDENCE provided but at the end of the day she's the YG princess and can do whatever the fuck she wants, like stepping all over my chest please Jennie 😭

Naruto is shit, stan the superior One Piece.

EducationSystem 3 days ago 1
3 days ago

I'm sorry but naruto actually is the shit, just look at his face. That's a bad bitch that knows he's a bad bitch.

holdthisLnoobs 3 days ago 0

LOLL, I'll give you that

xjnx 3 days ago 5
3 days ago

I rarely comment but you sound like a jealous child. It was confirmed by YG that those bullying rumours were false you idiot and they caught the person who spread those lies. You are an ignorant little piece of trash. I'm not even a jennie stan but even I'm pissed off at seeing your comment. If it was constructive criticism than that's a different story but you are clearly hating on her because she's so successful.

I'm not defending her because yeah people pay good money to see her live and what she delivered was not up to standard but your commenting, thoughts, and brain is just disgusting and sad. I guess you were a bad egg and wasn't raised with much love that's why you get off on hating people on the internet and have nothing better to do with your energy.

5 more replies