Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by beansss AKP STAFF 18 days ago

Dana releases official apology for blaming fans + blaming other CSJH The Grace members on Instagram Live

Dana, CSJH The Grace, Stephanie, Dana
Dana has released an official statement of apology after her recent Instagram Live controversy.

During a recent Instagram Live, fans asked Dana about her next solo promotions as a singer. But Dana coldly answered, "I can only promote if the songs sell. None of my songs sell. Even when I released 'Touch You', the response was bad so it's impossible for me to release more music. If you [fans] had worked hard and made my song #1 on the Melon chart, I could have released another solo song. It's not Melon's fault, it's your fault." Dana's last solo music release was back in 2016 with "Touch You" through 'SM Station'.

Fans were baffled by Dana's harsh attitude, outrightly blaming fans for the poor results of her solo song promotions. Furthermore, those who tuned in to the Instagram Live said that to a question asking the singer how she plans to deal with malicious commenters, she simply held up a real, full-sized kitchen knife to the camera.

Next, Dana also stirred controversy among many of her fans, who used to be fans of her since her days in CSJH The Grace. When fans asked for a CSJH reunion, Dana again answered accusingly, "How can we work on a CSJH album when all of our companies are different. Lina is also negative toward prospects of a new CSJH album. Lina dislikes promoting as a singer now, I think. Even if it's not for a reunion, yeah, we can still see one another. But Stephanie has become unreachable so I don't know how to reach her."

Additionally during the Live broadcast, Dana caused controversy for using her middle finger toward the camera, and more, alarming onlookers.

Then, on November 28, Dana apologized for her actions through her label, SM Entertainment. Currently, it seems that Dana has shut down her Instagram. Read Dana's apology statement below:

"This is Dana.

First, I am sincerely sorry for causing worry. I am deeply reflecting on my actions after causing discomfort and for hurting fans during my personal SNS Live, where I showed inappropriate and dangerous actions and used problematic speech.

This is all due to my negligence. Once again, I apologize.

Many of you cheered me on sincerely after seeing my changed image, but still, I disappointed you and I am sorry, I have no right to face you. I will take care so that such a thing never happens again.

Again, I bow my head in apology."
  1. Dana
  2. CSJH The Grace
  3. Stephanie
  4. Dana
45 38,599 Share 85% Upvoted

crowboy 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

it's true that of course she can't release music produced and promoted by the company if she doesn't do well. that's basic business. but her fans are the ones who are supporting her so blaming them doesn't make sense. instead it's the ones who aren't listening or buying her music who are the reason for her not doing well... but can you blame people for not liking your music? hardly.

people seemed to react really positively to her returning to entertainment so it's a shame that she's being like this. of course it must be hard if she is not doing well in terms of sales when it is her job and likely her dream to continue releasing music... but many people are struggling the same. attempting to be threatening by holding up a knife... blaming everyone else... it's not healthy.

jeyjin 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

I think she can benefit from mental health counseling.

Blueblankety 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

Unfortunately this is what happens in the industry. If you can’t sell of course they won’t spend money on you. but she is human, I would be bitter too if all my work comes to nothing BUT is it fair to blame her fans? Fuck no. Wish her apology felt more genuine.. but maybe the translation doesn’t fully capture it who knows

Hikari_ELF 18 days ago 4
18 days ago

Number #1 on Melon?? That's not easy to achieve. You need to have a huge fandom or popular by general public to get that. Many solo singers from already big groups can't get high ranks on melon. But they still grateful to their fans and never stop. Melon ranks isn't everything..

Ohboy69 17 days ago 3
17 days ago

She is probably frustrated with SM in the first place, but that's not something she can really talk about. SM is an asshole who doesn't promote older acts, so they end up like that^ Bitter and frustrated.

sunajung 17 days ago 2
17 days ago

But you can’t really blame SM. SM is a business after all and spending money on people who don’t earn money or aren’t popular is basic business. I wouldn’t promote her either. They’ve never been really popular and the only reason they’ve released some stuff is purely out of loyalty or SM feeling nice. Instead of feeling bitter, she needs to get counseling and learn how to deal with her bitterness and find something else that she’s good in. Sometimes life doesn’t go as planned and she needs to live to learn with that.

2 more replies

RyenLux 18 days ago 1
18 days ago

Given that the entertainment industry is a dog-eat-dog world, I don't blame her for being angry and frustrated. But to take it out on her fans and former bandmates? Not cool, Dana, especially when you're trying to revive your career.

kizaru_hijin 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

and the racist bigblueagain still desperately trying to seem nice for a change, after stalking me for a while and spreading lies about me, for proving what a racist you are, who hates south korea and korean artists, because kpop is getting bigger and bigger...which is why you even needed more accounts like bangeryun94 and wang_sejung, that you also managed to prove to be behind those with your endless stupidity and mixing up all these accounts, while being on a rage against south korea in ed sheerans article and kept replying to comments directed to bigblueagain with the other accounts without even realizing it.

changminbaby 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

i dont think its right to blame fans, fans are the one who supported her even if its not a lot of fans its like she is blaming her fans?? so people should feel obliged to like her music or to buy ..this doesnt make sense if a singer didnt do well they try to do better to sell well instead of blaming fans to work harder ??

judithleexd 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

honestly i think she needs help. Not saying she's in a dangerous place or anything dramatic like that, but when you commit actions knowing it's something you will have to apologise for (and she would have known at the time, and if she didn't know at the time that definitely indicates she needs help) especially in regards to your career, she must be feeling some sought of way. Even if it's just for her to find new outlets to get her frustrations out.

She wasnt lying to be honest either, but she needs to continue to work hard to gain more fans and hopefully have a little luck. As fans you can only do so much if you're a small fandom. She shouldnt blame her current fans though, that was inappropriate. And promoting violence when you don't know the age of your audience is a no go too. Reprimand them, whatever, but no to any indication of violence

dancingbella23 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

I am a bit worried.... she seems like she needs some counceling. I feel really bad for the way CSJH turned out.

youcangoeatshit 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

So much frustration from her. Perhaps she can see a counsellor.

NORM 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

How do you finally start promoting after years of inactivity & you are this problematic in ONE insta live *facepalm*

SM probs going to dump her in the dungeon again...

Sehunicron 18 days ago 14
18 days ago

but where did she lie tho

i dont see nothing false that she said

dreambigger 17 days ago 11
17 days ago

blaming fan for her failure maybe? no?

Sehunicron 17 days ago 10
17 days ago

No she was right. Its their duty to promote that shit and show some excitement. but that's how a fandom can be. they bug you and pester you every day for content then when you release some they let it flop. then they be like "ma, when you coming back?" why should i?

i don't blame this chick AT ALL

some people have lazy or two-facededed fans and she just called their asses out for how they are

my fandom used to be like that. they weren't overly impressed with anything i did but they were always pressuring me to do things. and i snapped on their asses too because whenever i did stuff they acted like they didn't fucking care.

so i know exactly how she feels

lately everything i do has been going over well with my own fandom but it wasn't always that way. i experienced her frustration a lot

10 more replies

RyenLux 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

She didn't lie, but for someone who has been in the industry for more than a decade, she should know by now that most fans and fandoms are fickle. If you don't produce anything within 1-2 years, or release something they like, they move on to someone else. The fact that she's expecting fans to still be supportive when she doesn't have much to show for is, I hate to say, pretty naive thinking. I don't blame her for honest about her feelings, but taking it out on her fans and even former bandmates certainly isn't the best way to revive her career.

Sehunicron 17 days ago 0

you're not wrong lol

Juve_nile 11 days ago 0
11 days ago

I miss Stephanie

Botaly 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

this group has never been poplar, only can live by SM's milk. a few groups in SM do not well no matter which way. SM is nice to her already. SM should not renew with her.

haliga (Banned) 13 days ago 0
13 days ago

Comment has been deleted

Biggiecheese_18 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

what a crazy bitch

ImaCoolDric 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

is her mental health okay? her action is very worrisom at insta.

Kpoplover1713 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Hopefully she gets the help and answers she needs. It's a cut throat business, and it seems like she has faced many difficulties in recent times.

Based on these recent actions though, it seems hard for her past members to reach out if she's not doing this great mentally.

Mitch1 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

dont blame others for your failures..if its not meant for you then its not for you..

methodman88 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

What a crock of shit. How do you blame the people that actually love you as fans for not doing enough? And then have the nerve to apologize. If you're going to have to apologize for something you said, then just don't say it. That's just like biting the hand of the one that feeds you.

firstzyx 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

above of all, she's mental

she need help

Ah_Chuu 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

It's a bit of a stretch to claim she's 'blaming other members' for no more group comebacks. She's telling the fans honestly that other members are probably not interested in that happening and that logistically it wouldn't work anyway. I wish members of certain other SM groups would break ranks and be straight with fans like that...

As far as blaming fans goes, she's clearly still going through a lot of stuff and said some unwise things... but I'm not surprised she's mad. CJSH The Grace members are always held up as examples of an 'actually talented' group, but where are those loud admirers when there's actually a product to support? I never even knew Dana had a recent release and you can bet neither did most of the people who use her and her group to put down music they pretend they are above and then probably download on iTunes. She's in the same position as Amber and Luna. Plenty of people are constantly saying, 'oh you're so talented, where is your next release?' and then when it happens it's not the 'bop' they wanted and they make no effort to generate buzz.

I think it's sad that she has clearly lost faith in the industry and could benefit from moving on with her life but SM wants to push her to stay. Maybe they are genuinely trying to help her. I hope she's able to come to terms with all her pain in the future.

Fairytailloverr 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Oh wow. She was really going through it

robin1 17 days ago 0

She's really ugly.

pink_oracle 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

She was just feeling very real that day. lol

mitchle (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

manupecks 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

She's honest and crazy! I love it

misc.