Wheesung explains why he left YG Entertainment

By alim17   25 days ago   94,490   5,119   126
wheesung

In an interview with 'Esquire' for the September issue, soloist Wheesung talked about leaving YG Entertainment.

SEE ALSO: [Tournament] Battle of the Best Vocalist in SM Entertainment of All Time

He explained abstractly, "It was really a risk leaving YG.  If you're in YG, you can only do cool things. Everybody there wants to do cool things.  But when you find out what cool really is, you look at something cool from a place that is not cool.  I could personally find myself cool but others might not think that same way.  I thought that there was a need for a viewpoint and discernment that would enable you to objectively look at what's cool."  Perhaps he means that he wanted to find out what being cool really was on his own and that his views on it did not coincide with YG's idea of 'cool'?

He insisted he did not leave because of someone or money problems, concluding, "This was possible because I was in my early 20's."

1. Wheesung
    2. yg entertainment

mrgrds 23 days ago

He left because YG was busy with Big Bang. Whee Sung was coaching the big bang members. He left because he was neglected, well tbh everyone was neglected Big Mom, Gummi, Whee Sung, Se7en

ElNora 23 days ago

I love YG artists, don't get me wrong, BUT, they are all rubber stamped, if you know what I mean by that. It's like they have a production line and the cars are all the same, just different colors. I can see how he would want to break away, and be his OWN car...LOL

lolhaha ElNora • 23 days ago

That's every big company, even SME and JYPE do the same. Exo is just like Suju, Blackpink is like 2NE1, and Got7 is like 2PM. Looks and talents about the same from one group to another. Only Big Bang is different.

ElNora lolhaha • 22 days ago

Yes, they are the OG's to me. I LOVE me some Daesung! He is my #BBBias and second is TOP! GDragon is third in the lineup! You're right about the other agencies too, I just highlighted YG because they're whom the article was about. LOL

Nutelladela 24 days ago

Take a shot every time he says "cool"

bap