One of the best snack dishes in South Korea, you cannot beat out the yummy savory dish known as tteokbokki. The chewy rice cakes, the rich, thick sauce, the pieces of fish cake, and you cannot forget the boiled egg on top! While the original dish is tasty, what's even better? When idols put their own spin on it! Here are five yummy spicy rice cake recipes by some of your favorite stars!
1. EXO Chanyeol's Homemade Recipe: Nothing calls for a better recipe than your own! After posting a photo of his homemade spicy rice cakes on his Instagram, fans were quick to ask the fellow star for his recipe!
2. Yoon Eun Hye's Octopus Spicy Rice Cake: A very interesting twist on a rather classic dish, Yoon Eun Hye ends up adding in a large octopus! Making the overall dish have more umami flavor!
3. IU and Jiyeon's Beef Spicy Rice Cakes: With the sizzling thin slices of beef, IU and Jiyeon bring on a new flare to the spicy rice cakes!
4. TWICE's Everything and All Things Spicy Rice Cake: An unusual take for sure, with tomato sauce, yogurt, and sweet rice cakes. Who would've thought this combination actually works?
5. GOT7 Mark's Iconic Rabokki: A wonderful combination of two of the best foods, ramen and spicy rice cakes, and on top of that, it's convenient to make. No wonder Mark's recipe became super popular!
What are some other interesting combinations you've had when it comes to this dish?