Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Discussions
Posted by TaeMinSeokJin 23 days ago

The New Allkpop

I've written a few articles here and there recently, and I love it. I also enjoy that users can write about their favorite groups and artists too. I'm a Shawol, Taemint, EXO-L, ARMY, MyDay, Carat, L.O.ㅅ.E., NCTzen, and VIP. That means that I will usually write more about the groups I personally like. Everyone can write about the groups they like too. As a contributor to Allkpop, I believe nobody should receive comments, pressuring them to write about a group they might not even like that much. If a user wants an article to be written about somebody, and nobody has written about them yet, that user should write something. I like the new Allkpop, but new users should understand that this is community driven now. They can write stories to support their favorites!

7 Share 17% Upvoted

pink_oracle 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

Nah, I think user articles should go in the forum. The news feed should be reserved for articles that are written by the actual staff.

botmy 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

i welcome the option to contribute with user-written articles, as OP said, it gives opportunity for lesser known groups to get news about them out there. but it would be better if there was separate section for staff and community written articles.

what i don't like is up-vote/down-vote system here, antis having field day with it no matter the content of the article.

also very welcome is new comment section, no more you-know-who plaguing everywhere

ByunMiina 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

The Idea that everyone can write articles now is a good one. Because there are times when some good news went missing because no one cared to write about them. Especially if some smaller bands are involved. I'm an Alice (Victon) by heart, so I'm kind of.. used to that but still wish for the best. It could be that some articles will be twice or more, so that should be something to be a bit more careful maybe. About the content, it depends.. Some will see an articles as useless because they think the information is nothing. I don't know what to do there. But I can absolutely understand you.

TaeMinSeokJin 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

I understand that this almost seems like almost a double of Allkpop's original post. I'm just trying to create peace between me and all the users here.

NORM 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

I'm all for writing more about lesser known groups, but i'd prefer if its NEWS not stan articles OR 'reasons my group doesn't deserve to be underated' kind of articles -_-

WolfPup 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

There's a reason why professional writers are different from the average person. They have studied journalism, creative writing, storytelling, dramatic structure, pacing, thematic purpose, rhetoric, and have mastery over diction, syntax, and cadence. If anyone can write articles, then it's no longer a professional entertainment news site; It's basically just a glorified forum.

myma 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

At least there aren't five thousand gazillion ads anymore. more like a bazillion.

allkpop in your Inbox