UP10TION's Wooshin to halt all promotions due to mental instability

By yckim124   18 days ago   55,857   5,909   49
wooshin

UP10TION's Wooshin is taking a break from promotions.

On June 6, TOP Media made an official announcement, stating, "Since the end of last year, Wooshin's mentality has greatly weakened due to mental stress. After a long discussion with him and the members, we have judged that Wooshin needs a break to recover his health, and it'll be best for him to take the time to recharge."

SEE ALSO: BTS share each other's charming points, changes in group dynamics, and collaborations

The agency then apologized for causing concerns and asked for support and encouragement for UP10TION. The remaining 9 members of the group will continue preparation for their comeback scheduled for the end of June.

Meanwhile, back in December, Wooshin was accused of sexually assaulting Jeon So Mi. The idol has been continuously bombarded with hate comments following the controversy.

We wish a fast recovery for Wooshin.

1. Wooshin

amheizing 17 days ago

I feel so bad for him. 😞 Get well soon Wooshin! 💗

SusanLiu 17 days ago

poor kid, I hope he gets better!

allkpopellie 17 days ago

Going to join their vlive, they deserve people who support them and not dumb trolls writing shits on their social media. I'm so unhappy :(.

Sam091094 18 days ago

I'm not a fan of him and his group. But seeing false news like this makes me pity them so much.

allkpopellie Sam091094 17 days ago

Same for me, but they are great at variety and great at dancing as a group, their music just doesn't appeal to me, but they are fun to watch, and amazing at covering other groups' choreography.

Sam091094 allkpopellie 16 days ago

Any show recommendations? I only got a little bit curious about them when I knew they debuted on the same date as my birth date. None of their songs appeal me either. Maybe I still need a bit of time and keep on listening to it. I'm not gonna force to like them. Because it won't work. Lol

allkpopellie Sam091094 15 days ago

no, didn't work for me, their music style doesn't appeal to me no matter how many times I listened to them lol, I just watched their vlive they are silly and adorable, u should follow them and watch a few vlive, they are entertaining :) and I discovered them through weekly idols, I also watched a few of their cover dance on YT and a few of their dance practices, they are talented, they just need a good song compositor to sky-rock.

retheply allkpopellie 12 days ago

I agree :((( I fell in love with them after seeing their singing ability on their little masked idol parody and sunyoul's cover of Tears on masked idol but they really do have shitty composers. The only songs I liked a little was Catch Me and White Night. I swear it was Tonight that turned the public off. That comeback wasn't the greatest :((((

Taeng4ever 18 days ago

Did the girl ever come out and say anything? On the side note, this kid needs some time and I hope when he returns he'll be better (not that he already isn't) but will come out stronger. Hwaiting!

dope_5 Taeng4ever 18 days ago

Thank you so much! If only that girl came out and said something! That would make things so much better for everyone!

Lary_kpop Taeng4ever 18 days ago

She did. She said very clearly that nothing happened. AND PEOPLE ARE STILL HARASSING HIM. Really unbelievable....

retheply Taeng4ever 12 days ago

JYP released a statement directly from Somi saying that she said nothing happened and it was a problem with the camera angles and that she did not feel harassed. I believe she also said a couple of times publicly that Wooshin was a friend and she felt guilty over the scandal.

abbie_kpopper 18 days ago

That 'mental instability' in the title sounds like he's a psycho or something. They should have said it right that he has to halt promotions due to mental stress and people harassing him constantly without a reason! #StayStrongWooshin

drwsyhmz 18 days ago

aww poor my boy, getwellsooon. i feel so bad fr him

chaoticoconut 18 days ago

Here we go again. This fake sex assault crap needs to stop.

bangeryun94 18 days ago

Yet another example of netizens bullying until they break someone.

Naruta bangeryun94 18 days ago

Yep, another one currently lies in ICU :-(

cinderelleeee 18 days ago

just this morning i got out of bed and thought "i wonder what happened to that guy in up10tion. hope he's okay." i literally know absolutely nothing about this group, but it hurt my heart when i saw him on vlive with the members and how he quietly sat in the back most of the time. i'm glad he's taking a break and i hope netizens realize how their words can deeply affect people.

vav