Current Events

Professor Kelly talks about his rise to stardom after viral BBC interview interrupted by children

By yckim124   9 days ago   43,995   247   46

Professor Robert Kelly shared about his viral BBC interview.

Back on March 10, Professor Kelly went live for an interview with BBC but was interrupted by his children who casually marched into his room. The scene quickly spread across the web, turning Professor Kelly and his family into a new viral topic.

SEE ALSO: The top 10 foreign cities that South Koreans visited the most in 2016 revealed

At the press conference at Pusan National University on March 15, Professor Kelly shared about the viral incident.

He said, "At first, I thought that I would never be able to go on an interview with a media outlet again. But videos were made not even an hour after the interview and BBC offered to do another interview, and that's when I realized that I've become famous."

His wife Kim also shared, "BBC was the last interview. I was watching the live broadcast with my daughter outside. My daughter said she wanted to go see her dad and she didn't come back so I was so surprised. Usually, she comes right back when the door is locked but she didn't so I was so startled. I just thought that I need to take her out as soon as possible so I just quickly dragged her out."

Some people mistakenly thought that Kim was actually the nanny. This led to a controversial discussion about racism. Regarding this issue, Kim said, "There are a lot of interracial families so I believe the perspectives will change. Also, I believe that this gave an opportunity to change those perspectives."

1. Buzz
    2. robert kelly

hyukki 7 days ago

Peole who do not speak Korea should not be allowed to teach in Korea under any capacity.

hyukki 7 days ago

How come this guy does NOT speak Korean? Dumb!

hyukki 7 days ago

Btw. Why do they hold news conference? Koreans are so generous!

Aria74I 8 days ago

They are a beautiful family

fairypanda 8 days ago

... I also thought she was their nanny... because she get into the room panicked, her daughter would be so pretty like Somi <3 and the funniest part is when their son get into the room

allkpopellie 9 days ago

It was so adorable, I saw the video already :), I keep re-watching it lol

abthurd 9 days ago

the girl still had so much sass after what she had brought her father into lolololol. With the lollipop and all. Like nobody's business hahaha

hyukki 9 days ago

I thought she was a nanny too. So why is this a racism? Some people are so dammed stupid I am completely blown away! These idiots have no pride what-so-ever!

abthurd hyukki 9 days ago

it is an internal racism. because if you change her to a non-asian/white person people would have thought the woman is the wife. So yes it is racism.

Winged_Angel hyukki 9 days ago

If people were observant they'd have noticed the children are biracial. Lol at you calling people stupid for calling people racist. Asian, Latino and black women with half white children deal with "are you the nanny" on a daily basis even though their children are clearly mixed. But what does having no pride have to do with it?

hyukki Winged_Angel 8 days ago

You bring this onto yourself. An advice for you: Be proud of who you are, under any circumstance and it will show. People will then respect you!

hyukki abthurd 8 days ago

Oh my god! Get out of here!

Rui23 abthurd 8 days ago

That's true. It's a form of racism. But I feel that people shouldn't be offended just bc it's pointed out as racist. It isn't meant to point out that "oh you are a bad person". I thought the same at first too. This is an opportunity for people to change their perspectives. So I think hyukki is interpreting it wrongly

abthurd hyukki 8 days ago

Girl, you could have at least take something in from what I am saying. You can't even refute what I'm saying because it is true. This has nothing to do with pride. This is clearly an internalized racism since long time ago. You would never equate white people with a job like nanny/helper. Point is, it is wrong to have that perceptions and what's more it is rude af because the woman is clearly the mother and his wife. This got nothing to do with pride. If you ask a white person to be associated with nanny/helper, they would have given the same reaction as what we're talking about right now.

fortune_cookie abthurd 8 days ago

It's nice of you to explain this but the argument was obviously not going to go anywhere. The other person is clearly on a high horse and doesn't understand nor wants to try understand racism and racial stereotypes .

abthurd fortune_cookie 7 days ago

yeah. true. Or maybe she's just too young to understand it.

hyukki abthurd 7 days ago

No I still would have said she was a nanny. I didn't even know he was in Korea. Dummy!

hyukki abthurd 7 days ago

Dumb dumb dumb! Korea doe NOT need people like you!

hyukki Winged_Angel 7 days ago

Koreans are one of the most advanced people on earth! We feel superior to anyone!

Winged_Angel hyukki 7 days ago

You just keep locked in your little ignorant box and petty comments. Lmfao.

abthurd hyukki 7 days ago

you really have a long way to go if you think koreans can't be racist towards their own race. I hope you will understand this when you get older.

Jaraiya_Ero 9 days ago

I know how he feels; raising a family isn't easy but watching them grow - priceless...

nanaluvhyunjoong 9 days ago

The ninja mom where she's rush to save her child's. I love to see this family. Their children is so cute and I'm like 'those cheeks are asking for a pinch' ;-)

omelas