Dramas

Seohyun talks about the criticism on her lead role in new drama 'Thief, Mr. Thief'

By yckim124   14 days ago   44,780   5,399   64
Seohyun

Girls' Generation's Seohyun spoke about the criticism on her role.

Seohyun is playing the female lead of new MBC drama 'Thief, Mr. Thief' and some people were skeptical that she would be able to take on such a role. At the press conference for the new production on May 12, Seohyun opened up about the criticism regarding her role.

SEE ALSO: Seohyun says she's never discussed viewer ratings with Girls' Generation

She stated, "Honestly, I think the criticism is natural. I haven't participated in many productions as an actress so I think it's natural for people to be concerned." Seohyun continued, "I think I really need to show myself as an actress through Kang Soju. That's also why I feel more responsibility. I will work hard as Kang Soju so please enjoy it with a pleasant view."

The first episode of 'Thief, Mr. Thief' is airing on May 13.

1. Seohyun
    2. Thief Mr Thief

Slaip178 13 days ago

That may be possible. Alot of celebrities in Korea get actinf roles just because they are famous..

LisannaMint 13 days ago

Being a public figure just terrifies me. Receiving so much "criticism" (often of which people will turn into malicious insults) is a horrifying thing. Dude, I just express a simple opinion of mine and a multitude of people come herding towards me to degrade me as a person just because I showed that I'm different from them. I also frankly get upset over this (which I wish wouldn't happen) because I can't handle insulting very well. Props to public figures who endure such terrible ordeals constantly.

kpoplolita LisannaMint 13 days ago

i hear ya girl :)

lattegirl 13 days ago

Honestly, she should've gotten more supporting roles or web dramas under her belt to get experience.. People saying that she has a ton of Musicals experiences should keep in mind that musicals and dramas are completely different and cannot be grouped together. TBH she would have not gotten this role if she weren't in GG & SM. Think of the hundreds of rookie actors who have been in supporting roles forever waiting to get their chance as a lead actor...

Longan_Lychee 13 days ago

Crap actress with bad speech, so-so visuals, un-charming personality that can’t even make up for the lack of visuals and terrible boring with no on-screen presence...

RedVelutionary Longan_Lychee 13 days ago

LOL I don't even know what to say to this...

RedVelutionary 13 days ago

Roslolian 13 days ago

LOL what do you mean Seohyun can't act? She has been to 100 musicals as the main lead or one of the main actors and she has also voiced over movies in Despicable me 1 and 2. This is on top of being part of Korea's most successful Girl Group for 10 years, as an idol she needs to act to show the emotion of the song. Seohyun saying she can't act is just her being humble, she can act really well and she has the pedigree for it already as her resume is full of acting roles.

kpoplover1597 Roslolian 13 days ago

I'm sure she probably can. Perhaps it has to do with the difference between stage, voice an screen acting though. I haven't seen her in anything but when you stage act you have to do everything like 10x bigger and more dramatic, and voicing for animation also requires acting more dramatic. Perhaps she's just still trying to find the balance between them.

littlemissnoname 14 days ago

She can't act. She's too awkward and has always the same facial expression. But she gets roles thanks to SM

skididdlepopper littlemissnoname 13 days ago

well how about you wait until after this drama and then say whether she can or can't. People are constantly trying to improve themselves v.v

littlemissnoname skididdlepopper 13 days ago

she majored in acting. and the fact that even after majoring she still can't act says it all. some people just have not enough talent for certain things, no matter how much you try.

skididdlepopper littlemissnoname 13 days ago

isn't that a little too harsh??? Give people a chance O_o I'm pretty sure she'll do well :) well... I'm hoping haha This is all i have to say on the matter. Give Seohyun a chance and don't shoot her down yet :)

RedVelutionary littlemissnoname 13 days ago

Not enough talent? LOL, that was quite a long time ago. Her acting is great now, did u see it? Nah, you'd love her if you did. :)

littlemissnoname RedVelutionary 13 days ago

I tried. And her acting bores me to death.

9AF 14 days ago

Seohyun is the epitome of grace, poise, and character. She takes criticism constructively and will, by her own words, try to improve. But, I think she easily gets her feelings hurt and hides it by addressing criticism openly. Let's be nice and give her a chance. ^^

kpoplolita 14 days ago

i wouldnt say shes the best actress but she def killed it in scarlet heart ryu

lyricaldancer10 14 days ago

Improvement comes with experience. I made sure she will get better after a while

Slaip178 14 days ago

She said it herself, she is new to the acting area, let her work and improve.

Ayumi9 Slaip178 13 days ago

I think the problem is that SM is buying all of the girls in SM lead roles when they arent ready to carry shows as leads yet

totes