Variety

Psy admits he felt cocky after 'Gangnam Style' went viral

By KpopJoA   7 days ago   30,588   2,440   20
Psy

Broadcasted on May 17, Psy made a guest appearance on MBC's 'Radio Star' where he confessed that he had American Syndrome and felt cocky after "Gangnam Style" went viral worldwide. "Gangnam Style" is still the most viewed video on YouTube with more than 2.8 Billion views.

"After 'Gangnam Style' exploded I humbly mentioned in an interview, 'this probably won't ever happen again' when inside I had the urge to do it again." Psy added, "That's when I became cocky."

Psy continued, "Usually I would go on variety shows and the like but I didn't do that. I didn't pay any attention to what other people would say," he confessed honestly after his success in America, hungry for even more fame and fortune.

Hearing this, the MCs commented, "Didn't your collaboration with Snoop Dog cure your illness in 'Hangover'?"  With that, Psy replied, "That was when it was at its peak," causing much laughter in the studio.

SEE ALSO: Psy is 'Dazed' as the cover model for June!

1. Psy
    2. radio star

cmerle1 6 days ago

And also, he was what got me interested in KPOP and now that's all I do, watch KPOP videos.

cmerle1 6 days ago

Not hard to do when you're in the states (I live there). Nice of him to honestly admit it and not get swept up in it though.

LordLiar18 6 days ago

Wow, that's kinda honest!!

Chrysantheneum 6 days ago

Wow, so open and honest! Much respect for this dude

Numm 7 days ago

He's a good guys !

kimmiefonze 7 days ago

You can be cocky especially if you have the stuff to back it up. He's still the richest KPop artist despite limited releases. As I grow older, I viewed his appearances in US quite disturbing as it seemed like Hollywood celebrities used him as a novelty, an opportunity to pretend to be quirky and worldly. That's why I no longer care about idols' stats especially if the buzz is from US.

LuckyCharms7 kimmiefonze 7 days ago

Hollywood was laughing at him instead of laughing with him.

BigBangVIP_NYC LuckyCharms7 6 days ago

Didn't matter if they were laughing at him instead of with him as he was laughing his way to the bank!!

cmerle1 kimmiefonze 6 days ago

You hit it right on the head. I watched some of Good Morning America, Ellen, and other shows and it looked like they were profiting off of him. Some of them would also parody him on their shows and make him look stupid. Thanks for sharing.

michinpabo 7 days ago

Fame and fortune has it's downside. You start accumulating a lot of fake friends.

hotbuns michinpabo 6 days ago

Yes, not to mention you have to live in the shadow of that song for the rest of your life.

cmerle1 michinpabo 6 days ago

so true, look at Britney Spears

Hyungshi 7 days ago

will forever be remember as the korean guy who did Gangnam Style in America.... but is ok fans and Korea still remember you as PSY! We got you ;)

k_kid 7 days ago

That's why you stay true to yourself and stay grounded, no matter how much money you make or how famous you are, in order to keep on a straight path.

raiden_legacy 7 days ago

Waitning for the "I Luv It" Billboard Hot Songs Debut, I hope this can be the 3º Top 10 in USA, PSY I'm Supporting you

charged