AWW

Couple majoring in engineering show their affection for each other in a clever and unique way

By KpopJoA   30 days ago   52,120   528   33
buzz

A Seoul National University couple both majoring in engineering express their love in a mathematical way?

It may be difficult to believe but it is actually true.  Recently, netizens are buzzing about this couple from what is considered the most prestigious school in Korea, Seoul National University.

On April 23, Seoul National University Bamboo Groove's Facebook page revealed a screenshot with the caption, 'The usual way an engineer couple expresses their love for each other.'

The unveiled photo contained the sweet Kakaotalk conversation of the couple.

SEE ALSO: China gathers young rappers to send a message to South Korea about their opposition on THAAD

The boyfriend sent a heart emoji with "R=1+cosθ" to his girlfriend, when she replied immediately, "I love you too."  The girlfriend then followed up with "R=1+cosθ no  R'=2+2cosθ", saying "My heart is bigger," teasingly.

Just what in the world in this couple talking about? Is it some kind of secret code? Let's analyze this.  In mathematical terms, if 'R=1+cosθ' is drawn on a coordinate plane graph, a 'heart shape' appears.

It seems the boyfriend took the time to express his emotions towards his girlfriend in a unique way, like a secret message/language for engineers, instead of using the normal heart shaped emoji or the words "I love you."

In response to his message, the girlfriend sent 'R'=2+2cosθ' which is twice as large as R=1+cosθ, revealing a heart shape that is 4x the original size on a graph, meaning 'I love you even more.'

Seeing this, netizens commented, "There's not one person out there who can explain this to me," "I don't even understand what they're saying, not even for 1 moment," "So this is why engineers should only date engineers."

1. Buzz
    2. misc

kitteauaena 29 days ago

lol you don't even need to be an engineer to understand that, you just need to have taken trigonometry at the very least.

estheram 29 days ago

Lol

starempress 29 days ago

Also an engineering major here, but if you give me a math joke like that, I will literally throw something at you...

alphabeta91 starempress 29 days ago

thank youu!! thought I was the only one! -_-

atlkpopfan starempress 29 days ago

When I was younger, it would've made me blush lol

federick 29 days ago

I major in broadcast arts so I only know how to express my love verbally.  😝

zippys420 29 days ago

I read it as he loves her round ass.

sasha_barkat_1 zippys420 29 days ago

lol . I read somewhere about the origin of the heart shape that someone came up with this because they thought it looked like female buttocks, bending over.

sototallyrandom 30 days ago

This is cute, but as a math major, I can say that they can do better than cardioids lol

sunbaeUmf 30 days ago

daebak... and me here always typo like o lov yu

crowboy 30 days ago

"so this is why an engineers should only date engineers" lmaoooo, i'm seeing it

way0leto 30 days ago

I am an accountant.. so how do i express my love? In monetary term? LoL.. kekekeke

seochulgoo 30 days ago