Mydaily apologizes for using Woohyun's photo for the story on sexual assault claims against a popular idol

By yckim124   16 days ago   60,100   8,025   0
Woohyun

Media outlet mydaily apologized for using a photo of INFINITE's Woohyun on the article regarding the sexual assault accusations against a popular idol star

SEE ALSO: Popular idol member accused of sexual assault

On July 6, mydaily used a photo of a boy group member for the article about a statement from the idol star's agency.

In the article, the face of the idol star was not shown, however, netizens soon found out that the photo is of Woohyun from '2016 Dream Concert', and based on the image, many jumped to the conclusion that the idol star accused of sexual assault is indeed the INFINITE member.

In response to the speculations, mydaily issued an apology. The media outlet explained that the photo used for the article has no relation to the story. Woohyun's image has also been removed from the original article.

mydaily stated, "We apologize for our carelessness in choosing the thumbnail. We have immediately deleted it. Once again, we apologize for our negligence."

Tip: bedu
  1. Woohyun
  2. mydaily

Annggeell 14 days ago

Was he the one accused of rape? Headache :(. I can't see any Infinite members being a rapist, did I judge them wrong?

SophiaS Annggeell 14 days ago

No, you did not. They really can't do that. Woohyun isn't even 26 years old as they say that idol's A age is. Woohyun is 27 Korean age. L is the only one born in 1992 who is 26 years old Korean age, but he won't do something like this either.

Twizzler123 SophiaS 14 days ago

Plus he is way too busy. I even heard somewhere that Woohyun was with Sunggyu in Japan. But it's not confirmed anywhere.

SophiaS Twizzler123 14 days ago

I heard that too. But really, I can't understand people who jump on saying it's INFINITE / Woohyun. An Inspirit said that some Woohyun's fansites closed after the rumour. What kind of fansites and fans are those??? It's just a rumour, Mydaily apologized for using his random photo for their article, but they still blame him!!

Annggeell SophiaS 14 days ago

I really like Infinite, this is so wrong! I'm having a headache.

SophiaS Annggeell 13 days ago

Me too, I really like them. And imagine my shock when I found out that Woohyun is suspected of this after just a couple of weeks ago Baekho, my other favourite group's member, went from similar rumours.

Annggeell SophiaS 13 days ago

I'm rolling my eyes 0_0. Dumb fake victims and dumb tabloids.

AngelOfLight 15 days ago

poor woohyun ;-;

Hamtergyu 15 days ago

that was on purpose

mind_blown 15 days ago

Stick to silhouettes.

WHAAAAAATTTTT 15 days ago

I'm sad for my baby 😭😭I hate you mydaily 😢

fandoms_kpop 15 days ago

anyone who believed it obviously hasn't watched Grow

cool_chinita 15 days ago

Woollim Ent should take legal actions. He is surely devastated because of this. The good thing is that the 7 of them are really close to one another and I know the other 6 will protect him until the end. Nam Woohyun, fighting! INSPIRITs will not leave you. #protectnamwoohyun #woohyunisinnocent #protectINFINITE #INSPIRITSwillbebesideyou

Hamtergyu 15 days ago

allkpop needs to post a new article with the new evidence, A is from a 5 MEMBER TEAM! PLUS ITS IS SAID THAT ITS UNRELATED TO zea, cnblue teen top or INFINITE!!! or else they ar also at fault for not doing their job ....

xinfinitex 15 days ago

for those thinking it's infinite's woohyun or an infinite member. IT'S NOT! 1) the sources say the person is from a 5 member group. infinite has 7 members. 2) articles and many sources have already stated that teen top, infinite and cn blue, who debuted in 2010, are NOT related to the issue. and A is NOT from these groups. 3) woohyun is an early liner, so he's 27 not 26. 4) none of the infinite members live in gangnam. 5) woohyun was not even in the country when this happened. the woman claimed that the incident occurred on july 6. woohyun was in japan. STOP SPREADING FALSE RUMORS AND ACCUSATIONS! this is a serious issue, so don't just start listing any idol name. it greatly affects their image and not to mention that it'll affect the person themselves. no need to make any assumptions. just wait until everything is revealed.

Kfren 15 days ago

Using a random photo to illustrate a thing as grave as rape is the definition of the lack of professionalism ! Woollim should sue MyDaily and KBS for what they've done.Woohyun image is done for NOTHING ! The only indication we have is that the idol is 26 and is from a group that debuted in 2010. There are a lot of idols from a group who debuted in 2010 who are 26 now ! And NAM WOOHYUN IS 27 !!! ><

just lve