Doojoon revealed to have been supporting children in Zambia for the past 5 years

By jennywill   18 days ago   16,685   3,220   0
highlight,doojoon

Highlight's Doojoon has been silently supporting children in Zambia.

It's been revealed that he has been donating 200,000 KRW (approximately $174 USD) per month to Zambia's education centers since May 2012. As it's been over 5 years, he's donated over 14 million KRW (approximately $12,000 USD).

SEE ALSO: KARD x AKP Collab Merch!

However, his donations have just recently come to the spotlight. 'Food for the Hungry', the organization he donates through, said, "Doojoon got to know us through his older sister and has been supporting us silently."

1. Highlight
  2. Doojoon

kpop_unni 17 days ago

DooJoon needs to stop giving me more reasons to love him. My heart can only handle so much..

shizun 18 days ago

Nicely done Doojoon! Now you are exposed! :D

reena14 18 days ago

just when you think you couldn't like him more <3

beyondordinary 18 days ago

a golden heart

ABlood 18 days ago

12 grand in 5 years for a singer it is not much, great action, yes, but it's more like pocket money for him. I bet he spend that monthly amount in one night in a night club

morgan_suh ABlood 18 days ago

it's still a good deed and many people don't even give a penny...so don't downplay what he did, he still did a good thing. to say "its not much" doesn't mean anything because to say $12,000 isnt much to an organization is not true.

ABlood morgan_suh 18 days ago

You're distorting what I said, a 200 dollars monthly donation from a singer is a laughable amount, he could have done much better than this. I'm not criticising him giving the money, I said is a great action, but he could have done better, it is not an impressive amount.

shizun ABlood 18 days ago

Well, maybe now. But probably when he started to contribute he didn't have too much so that was the amount that he afforded to give to charity at that moment. I guess it is automatically extracted from his bank account. And this is only one case. Maybe he is supporting more that we aren't aware of.. as it was the case of this one too.

Kurare ABlood 17 days ago

Reminds me of "No offense, but (insert offense)" Except it's now "Not criticism, but (insert criticism)"

ppase ABlood 17 days ago

and how much are you giving to say he could do better? $200 is more than enough. Whats even more impressive is that hes committed to it and not a one time thing.

denn1sable ABlood 17 days ago

a charitable act is not all about money, it's about the sincerity to help others in need. besides, we don't know how many more charities he gives to.

ABlood ppase 17 days ago

You can't compare me a non-famous person that doesn't have any advertisements contracts with someone that makes millions a month

ABlood Kurare 17 days ago

Completely unrelatable

ABlood denn1sable 17 days ago

That's for common folk, the more notorious the person the more is expected them to give. Bill Gates even said once that the donations that he give, which, in proportion, are even bigger than this guy's, that his donations are small because he already has a fortune, the real donation comes from a person that works 3 jobs and still has time to take their children to football practice, the person that takes 25% of their paycheck and give to an institution. Now if you think that 12grand in 5 years is a considerable donation from a celebrity that makes a lot of money, than you are either biased or blind.

denn1sable ABlood 17 days ago

that's why i added that we don't know many more charities he gives to. btw, do you give any donations at all? if you don't then you should come down from your pulpit.

DumdDumdDumd ABlood 17 days ago

the amount is not important. atleast he tried to help those people in need while some people here (myself included) wasting money on albums that sometimes we don't even listen to.

Kurare 17 days ago

First and foremost don't go calling people biased or blind when you cannot see how back-handed of a comment you wrote is. It's relatable because you wrote "great action, yes, **not to criticize** but it's more like pocket money for him**criticism**" FURTHERMORE, charity is the VOLUNTARY act of giving; which is what this guy did for 5 years regardless of amount/service. You speak as though you've never done charity work... that or you're just a cancer to society dictating what people should do with their money regardless if they're rich or poor.

Shiharu ABlood 17 days ago

Bitch please, highlight ain't some exo or BTS rich group. Don't get me wrong I Stan them but use your damn brain cause you don't even donate a cent

ppase ABlood 16 days ago

a common folk like you could be giving $20 a month, hell $5 or $0.50 to help some kind of non profit program or kids in Africa but I know you're not giving that either so yeah think before you speak.

Shiharu ppase 16 days ago

Oh how do you know? I'm studying and Hella broke but I still donate 20 euro to a hospital in Canada once a month.

Shiharu ppase 16 days ago

Sorry we think, unlike you

ppase Shiharu 15 days ago

was talking to you?

Shiharu ppase 15 days ago

Oops sorry I misunderstood your comment. I'm just angry this dude think the hell of himself. Once again I apologize.

L_catzzz 18 days ago

Kurare L_catzzz 17 days ago

#savage

Melisandre 18 days ago

The best acts of kindness are the ones that are not immediately advertised. Doojoon is a great guy.

B2UTY_dujundujun 18 days ago

Awww thats my awesome leader. Chose the right guy to stan❤️❤️❤️

shinyrainbow 18 days ago

As always our kind and caring leader. Happy birthday too! #HappyDJDay

DisAintAComentry 18 days ago

Yeah he supports them coz they ain't fat... shade shade shade

just lve