General, Social Media

Big Bang's Taeyang revealed to be the buyer of Paik Nam June's 'Stag' for $576,000

By mkim93   24 days ago   45,489   5,219   0
Taeyang

Back in May, Paik Nam June's 'Stag' video art piece sold for 660 million KRW ($576,000) at auction which set a new record price for Paik's video art. At the time, the name of the buyer was unknown but it appears it was Big Bang's Taeyang who made the bold purchase at the auction.

Paik Nam June's 'Stag'

On Taeyang's Instagram page, he uploaded a picture of the 'Stag' art piece with the caption, "Arrived #namjunepaik #stag."

Arrived #Namjunepaik #stag #백남준 #수사슴

A post shared by TAEYANG (@__youngbae__) on

Click the right arrow on the Instagram post to see more photos

Around a month after the auction, the same object is seen on Taeyang's Instagram with the caption "Arrived." It would be fair to make the conclusion that the idol was the person who won the bid. This art was created back in 1996 with four TV monitors in the shape of a deer. Its main signature points are the three different languages (Korean, English, and Chinese) on its tail and the monitors which feature a female model in a swimsuit to portray the idea of 'sex'.

Paik Nam June was a famous Korean American artist who created many beautiful artworks, he is considered to be the founder of video art.

SEE ALSO: Taeyang's thesis for his Masters on [MADE] World Tour and the Korean wave made available to download online

Tip: Sonisoni

1. Taeyang
  2. paik nam june
  3. stag

yelloworange223 23 days ago

Wooow taeyang is a genius...i mean paik nam june is a genius...

sun3sun 24 days ago

I know it's art. I know they worked so hard for those money. It's their life so they can do whatever they want. But I wonder those who spend so much on this stuffs ever think about poor ppl dying in other countries. Starving kids. I like Taeyang but I'm just saying.

troongstar sun3sun 23 days ago

Considering that a mere 10$ a day can help children from the poorest countries, I hope you're doing your part. Just 10$. I like you, but I'm just saying.

4ever_VIP sun3sun 23 days ago

lets be fair and not just "wonder" about rich people, when you go out and buy a beer an ice-cream or cigarettes that are totally unnecessary for you, DO YOU stop and think about the homeless guy you just passed by? Taking your "logic" into account you should NOT buy what you wanted to buy and instead buy that guy a sandwich at least. It's so easy to say "They have more so they should do it", you being not-that-rich doesnt make you any less ungiving, so dont use it as an excuse

mind_blown 24 days ago

You know Taeyang, if you got more money to spare, you can pay my tuition. I take cash, checks, credit cards, e-transfer...

PeachParrot 24 days ago

...lol

Biggiecheese_18 24 days ago

I wouldn't spend more than 5$ for this but damn he must really like it 😮

Delgrantxx 24 days ago

It could be a gift to TOP. TT Haha. I miss my boys. ♥

heeheehe 24 days ago

Must be nice to have so much money to waste

ATA heeheehe 24 days ago

to them it's not a waste. Also, art can be considered an investment, which means that unless something goes wrong, it will be worth more in the future

reepz 24 days ago

How rich are big bang, min hyorin never has to work ever again, she's set for life with taeyang

Xxgcxx reepz 24 days ago

Very rich they have group activities but as well solos activities and endorsement deals as well and we're always touring too

ATA reepz 24 days ago

I know your comment was meant to be positive but I'd like to point out that they are not married (nor living together). Also, these days women don't work only because they have to until they can marry a man who can support them financially. Many women work because they love it and their work fulfills them, and Min Hyorin has never given any indication that she's just biding her time until she can marry someone and "be set for life"

jeannesakarias 24 days ago

now i miss oppa top the collector man

xloveseoul 24 days ago

576k daaaamn BB in general are ballers.

just lve