Seo In Guk gets results of medical re-examination for military duty

By elliefilet   12 days ago   22,715   1,262   15
Seo-In-Guk

Seo In Guk has received the results for his latest medical re-examination for military duty.

SEE ALSO: Seo In Guk officially exempt from military service

The singer has had to undergo multiple exams due to ankle issues. He was first sent home from basic training on March 31 due to an osteochondral lesion, otherwise known as a fracture of the cartilage, in his left ankle. Since then, he's gone in for two checkups on April 27 and June 5.

His agency Jellyfish Entertainment revealed that his latest exam revealed he was diagnosed with osteochondritis dissecans, a joint disorder in which cracks form in the cartilage and underlying bone. The diagnosis has resulted in a grade 5 health rating, which would exempt Seo In Guk from his military duties.

Stay tuned for updates on Seo In Guk.

1. Seo In Guk

mind_blown 11 days ago

If somebody gives him shit for this I'm gonna have to fight somebody.

NgohiongPuso 12 days ago

He was prepared to enlist. For someone who was ready to join the struggle... he might be disappointed because he could not serve the country in that way... tsk2 I wish our country had conscription also.

michinpabo 12 days ago

I just hope the knetizens will understand that it's an unbiased exam by the military. I am sure there will still be salty people out there hating that he got out of serving. I can already see the hate coming every time he does some action in his drama.

Annggeell 12 days ago

Let him go home!!!!

vaxanne 12 days ago

Sure do not wish to see any further deterioration on his ankles or become crippled

AmberJazzy 12 days ago

My poor baby, nothing seems to be going his way this year

Sel_Anne 12 days ago

According to past reports, A grade 5-6 results to complete exception.

2fat 12 days ago

Not everyone is fit for the rigors of regular army boot camp. That should be fine. There's no reason to criticize or create drama over this diagnosis. I suppose they will allow him to serve as a civil servant. One way or the other I'm sure there will be critics.

krell 12 days ago

It seems *unfortunate* that SEO IN GUK might be *stopped* from serving in the 'Regular' S.KOREAN MILITARY. Which SIG seems to want to do that. SIG should be able to like drive a supply truck or something, as I see it. I am NOT clear that SIG needs to be able to say run five kilometers with a 'full back pack load' ; and all that. Finally, some kind of 'alternate service' to fulfill his S.K MILITARY obligation will surely be available to SIG ; in any event. It just seems somewhat sad that SIG is being 'stopped' from doing that which he wants it ; serving in the 'Regular' S.K MILITARY in *some* capacity.

vaxanne krell 12 days ago

Anything that would take a toll on his ankles is medically "no go"

krell vaxanne 12 days ago

I realize that a LOT of S.KOREANS see it differently than me. To be honest, I thought that the CONCEPT of the Special Entertainment Unit for the S.K MILITARY was a good one. The *problems* that they had with it ; were due to LACK of proper SUPERVISION by Commanders (my view). Anyway, maybe we can all agree that SEO IN GUK's physical situation is unfortunate in that it likely prevents him from 'normal' S.K MILITARY Service. Which SIG *did* wish to do that.

Melisandre 12 days ago

So will he have to go into public service?

AmberJazzy Melisandre 12 days ago

quite possibly

sph_7 Melisandre 11 days ago

Grade 5 is not required to do public service, but will have civil defense training and in times of war will be expected to carry out noncombative duties (at least thats what I get from google translate)

Melisandre sph_7 11 days ago