Variety, Social Media

Netizens angered that Kim Jong Hyun didn't make it in the top 11 on 'Produce 101' season 2

By yckim124   9 days ago   256,665   33,516   520
JR

Pledis Entertainment trainee Kim Jong Hyun didn't make it into the top 11 on 'Produce 101' season 2 and netizens are furious.

The last episode aired live on June 16. Finally, the 11 members of the new boy group Wanna One is confirmed. However, many viewers are unhappy with the outcome, especially in the ranking of Kim Jong Hyun.

The NU'EST member, who has been gaining much love for his outstanding leadership and talent on the show, placed 14th in the final round.

SEE ALSO: [SPOILER] Which trainees are the FINAL 11 on 'Produce 101' season 2?

Not just K-netizens but thousands of viewers around the globe are also expressing frustration at his low ranking.

Comments under 'Produce 101' season 2 articles are overflowing with concerns about Kim Jong Hyun. Netizens stated, "Give me back my Jonghyun, Mnet'', ''Seriously, Kim Jong Hyun...", "Where is Jong Hyun?", "Jong Hyun's not there... This is nonsense", "Kim Jong Hyun at 14th? Is this real??"

Thousands of international netizens have also taken their frustration out on Twitter, making NU'EST and Jonghyun worldwide trends.

What are your thoughts on Jonghyun's final ranking?

1. Jr.
    2. produce 101

Valovevalentine 18 hours ago

I watched Produce 101 S2 the next day after its Korean broadcast so english subtitles can be available. as soon as news and final members of wanna one was released I'm quite positive that Never Team can all make it, but to my dismay, I can't see Jonghyun's name on the list and it makes me so frustrated because only him out of my top 11 favorite trainees didn't make it unexpectedly and his on top of my list. Up until now I haven't seen the finale because I can't calm my self, for me its a big joke that only him didn't make it though I like 10 out of 11 final line up, still it breaks my heart not having Jonghyun with them. He DESERVE to win more than anyone else[my opinion], He's a great leader among all Leaders in P101S2. I just hope that him didn't make it to top11 will give him much better opportunities and receive more support..

jrieworld 3 days ago

The one who should've won..

lunawinter 5 days ago

I'm still in shock T___THe didn't deserve for it to end this way. I suppose the silver lining is that he can participate in the comeback later this year. I feel it would have been more devastating if only Minki missed out.I leave you with all with a present <3

ellainejoyce 6 days ago

Honestly one of the most disappointing show i've watched...

ellainejoyce 6 days ago

wtf happened...

NCT_127 7 days ago

#JusticeforKimJonghyun #JusticeforSamuel

Imshook 7 days ago

Wanna One? Tragic name and tragic line up! I can't believe those from 11-14 debuted and only 1 guy end at 12th (almost debut). DONGHO AND JONGHYUN THEY WERE IN THE LINE UP! THIS MID SHOW RANKINGS TARGETED AT GENERAL PUBLIC VOTES. MOST OF THEM DIDNT EVEN FOLLOW THE SHOW AND THEY JUST VOTED FOR THESE 4. 1 SINGLE SMS = 7 VOTES. LOGIC: OFC FANDOMS ALREADY VOTED FOR THEIR FAVS  VS GENERAL PUBLIC GAVE RANDOM VOTES TO THESE 4 (THANKS MNET FOR MID-SHOW RANKINGS) UNNECESSARY. WHY THEY GAVE 11-14 SO MUCH BENEFITS? DISADVANTAGE FOR THOSE WHO END AT 7-10.............

kimmiefonze 7 days ago

I have watched a lot of reality competitions but this one shook me to my very core!!! Heck, even BoA gagged!

kpoplover308 7 days ago

So happy i stopped watching the show. Learned to let stuff like this go because I didn't care anymore. All the stress/worry went away.

NATMIKEEE 7 days ago

Jonghyun did not become the leader of every fucking mission, Rank 1st for Rap position evaluation, Rank 1st for 2 weeks straight, Never got out of top 11, sacrificed his lines and screen time just to make his team shines more, Being the leader of two of legendary (probably the best) teams of Produce 101 season 2 (Never and Sorry sorry), Help leading more than half of the current top 11 members, being called the Nation's leader but in the end he was left out from final 11. you know what, F*CK Knetz , and F*CK Mnet. Just F*CK y'all, i'm just done with all of your f*cking bullshit. Jonghyun sacrificed so much and this is what he got? F*CK i'm pissed.

vav