Variety

Heechul says he was banned from broadcast in the past for having a strong sense of Japanese style

By yckim124   26 days ago   62,583   7,332   36
Heechul

Super Junior's Heechul and Sechskies' Kang Sung Hoon chatted about the old days on the June 1 airing of 'Life Bar'.

MC Heechul first revealed that he used to enjoy going to night clubs. He talked about his unique style of the time, and said, "I had red hair, wore blue contact lenses, and shaved my eyebrows off when I went out. When I first started going on the broadcast, they banned me because I had a strong sense of Japanese style."

SEE ALSO: First episode of 'Idol School' starring Super Junior's Heechul and Lee Soon Jae receives broadcast date

He also talked about the time he ran into Kang Sung Hoon at a club. He explained, "Hyung nim was having dinner with the employees of his agency. I went to go say hi and he gave me a drink and told me I was handsome. I met him again later and he remembered me."

1. Heechul
    2. life bar

lilliana 20 days ago

Shaved his eyebrow??? Am I the only one who is shocked by this??? Like, for real, who shaves their eyebrow??? In a Chinese idiom, let their eyebrow being shaved by other means they got mocked (even though here he shaved his own eyebrow...?)

LordLiar18 24 days ago

Yeah, i've always though he gave off some kind of Jpop style back then... Who could forget him haha! He's the type of guy who gives strong impression i guess :)

intricate 25 days ago

Lol.. that's hardly representative of "Japanese" style.

BigBlueagain 25 days ago

The bigotry is real. Some of these KNetz (ok, most) need to realize that we are in the 21st century now and their barbarism just won't be tolerated anymore.

lolhaha 26 days ago

Well didn't kpop copy jpop? that's why they all dress and do similar make up? The only difference is the music of kpop sounds closer to europe and usa. not saying you have to be original becuz nothing is original anymore, but you can definitely see the influence.

Iamalittledai5y 26 days ago

Well Heechul was and still is Visual Kei trash, so I got why he liked the style so much. Shame people were offended by it.

UKihyun 26 days ago

Wow, heechul did used to be handsome once. just not anymore #ifightARMYs

kpoplolipop 26 days ago

Style aside, i've said it in the past that he looks like a Japanese person, especially when he was younger in super junior MV's like "U"

kimmiefonze 26 days ago

Despite this, he was, and still is, one of Super Junior's most popular members.

kas7ia 26 days ago

And 'having a strong sense of Japanese style' is a reason for banning because...?

rickkelly kas7ia 26 days ago

Ban him because with that red hair and white skin he might resemble a Japanese rising sun flag.

forever