G-Dragon tops the brand value ranking for singers in June + TWICE and BTS follow

By jennywill   Saturday, June 24, 2017   58,662   11,005   0
Big-Bang,G-Dragon,bts,twice

G-Dragon is the top singer in terms of brand value for June.

According to the Korea Institute of Corporate Reputation, G-Dragon was at the top of the June data, followed by TWICE and BTS. 63,006,736 pieces of data were examined from May 23rd to June 24th. G-Dragon had a total of 7,193,604, while TWICE had 6,735,146 and BTS had 5,091,622.

SEE ALSO: Big Bang's 'FXXK IT' MV hits 100 million views!

The rest of the singers ranked were, in order, Psy, Seventeen, MAMAMOO, IU, Black Pink, Lovelyz, Red Velvet, G-Friend, AOA, Sechskies, SISTAR, WINNER, Taeyeon, San E, BTOB, Baekhyun, Eunji, Bolppalgan4, EXID, Suran, Girl's Day, and Zico.

Congratulations to G-Dragon.
  1. Big Bang
  2. G-Dragon
  3. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  4. TWICE

Phoem_M 27 days ago

Congrats! Bts and Twice ❤️♥️ I knew this eould happen. I'm a very proud Army and once

SpanishKpoper 29 days ago

GD is top one bc TOP scandal with marijuana lets be honest. Not even a good song and MV, and the USB thing was a flop.

Fantastic_Bibi 29 days ago

Not a surprise. G-Dragon is an iconic artist after all. Well-loved in SK and all over the world.

Justannoymotte 29 days ago

Well at least we won BTS . After all GD shut Armys mouth with his ranking being 1st. Without going any music show in Korea . This is call truth legend nobody can be him even BTS . All he does was to post on Instagram ,MVs on YouTube not even naver vlive.

exo_bts_vip Justannoymotte 28 days ago

Yeah and he had a whole comeback while BTS has been there for months even when they had no comeback but go off I guess, no need for comparison but u can't get BTS out of ur mouth

ikindalovekpop 29 days ago

Any BTOB stans?

merurin ikindalovekpop 29 days ago

Yep!

youextra 29 days ago

So how does this work? I see people saying TV appearances, but that can't be right since BTS always tops brand value and they are known for not appearing on TV. I honestly don't even remember the last time they made an appearance.

L_catzzz youextra 25 days ago

No. It's not based on TV appearances. There's a lot more factors taken into account on this. In simple terms, it's about how popular you are, as in being the most "talked about" at the moment or in other words, it's more to how they can grabbed a lot of attention from consumers. The brand that they talked about here is the brand of the group/individual itself. It's like CHANEL vs COACH. Which of those two can attract more consumers or have higher brand value.

L_catzzz youextra 25 days ago

The data/factors that they gathered can comes from the effectiveness of the name itself. For example, one of the brand value director stated IOI and AOA name as a brand are less effective bcoz people (in general or public) don't know what the acronym stands for. But names like EXO & BTS are effective bcoz something about the name being unique and such. Then there's also other various data such as music chart rankings, participation value, media value, communication value & etc.

whatever101 29 days ago

BTS: this month is looking good for us ---- TWICE: kekeke in your dream boys ^__^ --- G-Dragon:

Fantastic_Bibi whatever101 29 days ago

G-Dragon still slaying after 10 years in the biz. ;)

exo_bts_vip whatever101 28 days ago

Lol BTS didn't comeback wtf are u talking about like I understand u have been used to seeing BTS first but cmon

Iammaya 29 days ago

Am I the only one who thinks blackpinks a tad bit overrated?

LAFF92 Iammaya 29 days ago

I think you're the only one..:)

Rock30815 Iammaya 29 days ago

I like Black Pink, but I think I know what you're talking about.

Fantastic_Bibi Iammaya 29 days ago

You may think that, but it's still amazing nevertheless how these girls aren't even a year old yet but have broken records and are well-loved by many already - especially abroad. Ain't nothing wrong with being overrated. An entertainer would be happy with being overrated rather than being unknown. Others even think TWICE and BTS are overrated but to each their own preferences. They all deserve the recognition. :)

SNSDQUEENT_ARA Iammaya 29 days ago

Twice also..

Mitch1 Iammaya 27 days ago

No, they're very unique in their sass and style and people arebjealous of the attention it is getting cause they thought being all cute was it

Funky_Angel 29 days ago

tbh isn't he more well known for his music than for his tv appearances anyway? not surprised he managed without. his music's reach extends p far

Lauriestore 30 days ago

Wow! Three articles about Twice among the most commented !! Twice is Power! Tops the brand value ranking for singers in June, again TWICE is in them, BTS too, how boring to be popular, how boring to be an Once, every day among the first in list and music chats, breaking records, drawing attention , It's not easy being a queens fan! Lol

shubhajan Lauriestore 29 days ago

lol yep!

Jennifan47372 Lauriestore 29 days ago

I don't understand what this comment meant. If you are talking about how ARMYs are downplaying Twice's power than that i can understand, there are rude bts fans like that. But, I don't know what you were trying to say. I myself, am not a once but i do like twice very much, so i don't know what you are trying to get at. Twice is very influential and popular, but, like, i don't exactly understand how this comment is supporting them? If that makes sense...

Lauriestore Jennifan47372 29 days ago

I'm being arrogant! I am an Once, I am saying that they are so popular, and loved, It boring be a fan of these 9 wonderful girls, this give us pride! that pride is not fit in my heart! I'm not saying anything about the Armys, I understand their love for Bts, and the same love of mine for Twice!

LAFF92 Lauriestore 29 days ago

I don't think it's boring though, being popular and influential lol. For example with the group that I like, we're already used to it. ten years and counting and consistent for Bigbang and them popular and GD always on top, never boring for us, being thankful is more appropriate. :)

ikindalovekpop Lauriestore 29 days ago

Lol I don't see why its necessarily hard being a fan, I mean its not like you necessarily did anything to make them successful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just lve