Deported TV personality Amy attempts suicide after a talk show airs malicious rumors about her

By yckim124   8 days ago   86,225   1,115   94
amy

Amy (35) has attempted suicide.

On June 20, it's reported that Amy is currently hospitalized after attempting suicide at her home in Los Angeles. The reason behind her suicide attempt is revealed to be Channel A talk show 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine'.

'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' covered a story about Amy on the June 19th episode. The reporters on the show claimed that Amy asked the reporters for 200,000 KRW (~ 175 USD) as she desperately needed money for treatment. It was also claimed that Amy asked the reporters to photoshop her photos before sharing them to the public in midst of her deportation controversy

SEE ALSO: Rap Monster talks about what differentiates BTS from other K-pop groups in TIME interview

Following the show, Amy expressed frustration via Instagram and hinted at her suicide.

She wrote,

"I'm so sick of it now. I have nowhere to go. I don't have anywhere to break down. I want to go where there's no sadness. Then it'll be revealed. I forgot how to smile. My tears have also dried up. It's hard to pretend like I'm strong. I have given up everything. The truth tends to come out once a person dies. I'm sorry to my family. I'm grateful to the people who trusted me. I hope everyone is happy."

In response to Amy's suicide attempt, the producers of 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' officially apologized, stating, "Producers of 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine' find this very unfortunate and we deliver sincere apologies to Amy. We wish Amy a fast recovery."

1. Amy

1llionaire 8 days ago

too bad it wasn't bom.

Kpop_Dealer 1llionaire 7 days ago

what the fuck bitch?????

jinssam 1llionaire 7 days ago

what's wrong with you?

1llionaire Kpop_Dealer 7 days ago

u triggered, bitch?????

Kpop_Dealer 1llionaire 5 days ago

__|__

1llionaire Kpop_Dealer 4 days ago

ashablue 8 days ago

Shows that words can hurt a person to an extreme degree. People, reporters and shows need to know when they should stop and not cross the line. Amy is not even in the limelight, why bring up someones past like that anyway? ugh

vaxanne 8 days ago

Knetz can get sued for malicious comments but this programme is allowed to BITCH, GOSSIP and SLANDER on national TV, Wow. Help me to make sense of it all

kgm23 vaxanne 7 days ago

I'm not sure but in some countries if it's true it's not slanderous... Not saying what they did is OK, especially if they knew she was vulnerable

kgm23 7 days ago

Morally wrong but maybe not legally, I'm not sure

ourcheers2u 8 days ago

I hope she's okay, but in all seriousness I thought it was BOM...

lechuga ourcheers2u 8 days ago

Dude me too. Well when i looked at the picture...

Fatimaaxo 8 days ago

that looked like BOM

Jamless3978 8 days ago

i wonder why that kind of program exist.. its like people talking behind our back and then broadcast it .. lol

Fariiaa 8 days ago

Why does she looks like Bom?

NORM 8 days ago

i kinda dont like most news articles i see abt this show, cos it sounds like it brings attention to any rumor, regardless if true or not :/

robin1 8 days ago

Why can't Koreans be stronger people? Why is the only way to deal with challenges is suicide?? I seriously don't understand it. And they place such a bad stigma on mental healthcare over there.  So someone like her or TOP or any of the other idols or even just regular people with some mental health issues, can't freely seek the help they need or want because of the negative stigma of receiving mental health and also the general lack of resources (watch some freak is going to hop on this comment and say NOT ALL KOREANS! or start talking about the imperfections of *insert country here* because they are offended).

JeAnYoung robin1 8 days ago

That's why recently there are more and more people in the entertainment field that are admitting to their mental struggles. Kim Gura and Lee Kyung Kyu actually makes jokes every week about their mental issues and brings to light that it is something that anyone can struggle from and should just be taken with a light heart.

jinssam robin1 8 days ago

Well obviously someone is going to hop on this comment and say it's not all Koreans. You can't generalize an entire nationality of people based on what you read on a k-pop site really. Obviously SK does have an issue with suicide. But you also have to know that it's not rooted from the fact that they're weak. It's because the societal pressures there are extreme to a cue in every aspect of life. And if you're different you're criticized and pushed to the edge. I mean, the girl literally is never allowed back into her country because she used drugs. If that's not an example of how extreme social criticism can be, then I don't know what is. Also, you answered your own question. The reason why so many people resort to suicide is exactly because they place such a bad stigma on mental healthcare.

robin1 jinssam 8 days ago

AND OBVIOUSLY I shouldn't have to put the word "SOME" in order for you to know the gotdamn obvious. It's understood that I don't know every Korean but I have to put "some" or "not all" for you to know that. THAT should be obvious. Also, I don't give a fuck about you being offended or not liking my comment. As far as me answering my own question, my question was rhetorical. You wanted a comment back so here ya go. Bitch.

crowboy robin1 8 days ago

I think you answered your own question. One of the reasons suicide is so common is likely because there is a stigma against mental illness, so many people do not seek treatment.

bangeryun94 robin1 8 days ago

Koreans don't have a fear of hell. That's why it's easy to end it. A hope for a better next life.

jinssam robin1 8 days ago

There's no need to curse to make a point really. I'm just pointing out the fact that you blanket-coated stereotypes and then asked a questions that you answered yourself. No, it's not automatically assumed that you understand that not every Korean resorts to suicide, considering you just said "Koreans" without any conditional adjective in front. I'm not offended (an assumption you made on your own), nor did I ever say in my reply that I "wanted a comment back". Reading is cool!

Briellejea robin1 7 days ago

Why are you so aggressive? You're talking about a country with a high suicide rate, answering your own question, yet you call them weak. How about showing some sympathy for a women who's in such a state she'd attempt to end her life?

kgm23 bangeryun94 7 days ago

Do some koreans believe in reincarnation?

robin1 Briellejea 7 days ago

Yawn. No one was talking to you.

robin1 jinssam 7 days ago

My question was rhetorical. Knowing the obvious is cool. Thumbs up for you bro.

Briellejea robin1 7 days ago

Yawn? What are you 12?

jinssam Briellejea 7 days ago

I think 12 is giving him/her too much credit lol

robin1 Briellejea 7 days ago

Yeah I'm 12. Anymore questions?

robin1 bangeryun94 7 days ago

One of the few times I agree with you....lol

bangeryun94 kgm23 7 days ago

bangeryun94 Briellejea 7 days ago

We have a high suicide rate because of our elderly. They commit more suicides than any other age group. There are very few programs to assist with care for older people who are sick, so they commit suicide to not burden their families financially.

Briellejea bangeryun94 7 days ago

Wow thats really unfortunate. Hopefully things change.

_Jarhon 8 days ago

We fuckers are the ones reading trashy sites, following gossips, feeding hate and discrimination daily. Don't act all holier-than-thou when someone kills herself because of it. If you're oh so civilized then unsub every outlet that has ever discussed anything related to private life of others and only get your news from entertainment section of well respected newspapers.

ashablue _Jarhon 8 days ago

this show is specifically all about gossips. thats literally in the title. And obviously, we as consumers should not feed into that. The n0.1 reason i dont read the sulli articles on akp

_Jarhon ashablue 8 days ago

You wont believe how often this show has been linked to me by crazy ass fans as definitive journalistic proof. F.ex. delusional Kim Hyun Joong fans trying to prove "oppa didn't mean it"

forever