Boyfriend's Park Hyun Jin from 'K-Pop Star 6' terminates contract with YG Entertainment

By yckim124   24 days ago   129,471   5,656   0
misc

Boyfriend member Park Hyun Jin has terminated his contract with YG Entertainment

Last month, the young duo signed with YG Entertainment following their win on SBS 'K-Pop Star 6'.

However, on June 26, YG Entertainment announced, "We recently delivered the news about the contract with Boyfriend. Unfortunately, we came to terminate the contract with one of the members Park Hyun Jin."

The label continued, "We decided to respect his decision even though Park Hyun Jin is a 6th grader of a young age. We're no longer together but we will be cheering on for Park Hyun Jin's future."

SEE ALSO: 'K-Pop Star 6' winners Boyfriend reportedly sign with YG Entertainment

Meanwhile, fellow Boyfriend member Kim Jong Seop will continue training under YG Entertainment.

1. misc.
    2. yg entertainment
    3. park hyun jin

robin1 23 days ago

They look like they're 7.

my_l robin1 23 days ago

That's what I was thinking. I can't picture watching them sing. They just look too young for me to pay attention to them and be a fan. Maybe, I'm getting old, because Michael Jackson was 5 when he started and had all types of fans. He actually had a very adult singing voice though and I just feel these boys are going to sound like the young boys they are. I will be open and listen at least once. I love to see young kids going after their dreams.

Funky_Angel 23 days ago

Considering how long he'd be trapped in YG's dungeon, I don't blame him

brookyct95 23 days ago

So what's about the kpopstar promotion???

gigi9 23 days ago

That's sad they were a perfect duo,  I can really see jong seop being a yg artist,  he has it he always did,  I have a feeling hyunjin is More SM or JYP style

crazi4music gigi9 23 days ago

same here

since_6MIX gigi9 23 days ago

IMO more JYP than SM or YG tho

Lynnbia gigi9 23 days ago

Jong seop was the shortest (the rapper ) right ?

since_6MIX Lynnbia 22 days ago

yup, the smaller one

crystaldiaaz 23 days ago

I ALMOST CRIED REAL TEARS WHEN I SAW "BOYFRIEND" AND "TERMINATES CONTRACT" IN THE SAME SENTENCE. TOOK ME A SOLID SECOND TO REALIZE THERE WAS NO HYUNJIN IN BOYFRIEND (and that they ain't with YG LOL)

shyloone 23 days ago

good  decision, he had other plans for his future an it didnt match Yg, the truth is he knew that they wouldnt debut for ages, in YG when other KPop stars have already debut, they win the show an i bet they would have been training for years still, when realistically they were already ages ago, Yg would have waited till people forget about them.They were good as a duo too

Homosapien 23 days ago

That moment when akp forgot to mention his reason for leaving (which was mentioned on the naver article), Hyun Jin simply felt that YG's vision and music style wasn't his, he couldn't see himself becoming a yg artist after 2 weeks of training so he decided to leave and follow his own path which I totally support cause it's better to figure out what YOU want at an early stage before it's too late which turns to regret

jackie_ah Homosapien 23 days ago

Thank you for thisss! I was curious as to why he terminated. Do you know where I could continue to follow Hyunjin?

Homosapien jackie_ah 22 days ago

You could try follow these accounts they seem to update details on both Jong seob and Hyun Jin :) : instagram: jshjbae & Twitter: @boyfriend_k6 He has his own fancafe but idek the URL to that

fx_me_u 23 days ago

Anyone else find the name BOYFRIEND a little weird knowing that the members are still so young?

KATHKATH 23 days ago

hyun jin terminated the  contract? ohwww so JS only remained??

kimilin425best 23 days ago

6 grade is the graduating grade in Korea, so this boy probably want to finish his studies before actually becoming a star. It's his choice after all, so we have to respect that.

luhanna95 kimilin425best 23 days ago

Graduating?? He not even went to middle school yet... =_=

melon luhanna95 23 days ago

graduating from elementary school xD

just lve