Dramas

Actress Ji Yoo to take Park Hye Soo's role in 'Generation of Youth 2'

By yckim124   21 days ago   25,395   1,898   13
misc

Ji Yoo is replacing Park Hye Soo in the second season of 'Generation of Youth'.

On June 7, the producers of 'Generation of Youth 2' revealed that Ji Yoo is playing the character, Yoo Eun Jae, which was played by Park Hye Soo in season 1.

Ham Young Hoon CP commented,  "Ji Yoo was a candidate for the role of Yoo Eun Jae when we were preparing for season 1. At the time, we contemplated between Park Hye Soo and Ji Yoo. And that's also why we decided to give her the role this time as she seems to be a good match for Yoo Eun Jae. We believe Ji Yoo will do well."

SEE ALSO: Chae Soo Bin is pure and lovely in 'CeCi'

The producers also apologized for the change in cast, and said, "The new cast might be startling for the viewers who enjoyed season 1 but we didn't change the roles on purpose. We will work hard to viewers' satisfaction."

Based on a previous report, it is assumed that Park Hye Soo ultimately decided to give up her role in 'Generation of Youth 2' to play EXO D.O.'s love interest in new film 'Swings Kids'.

Now, the five lead actresses for 'Generation of Youth 2' is confirmed to be Han Ye Ri, Seungyeon, and Park Eun Bin from season 1 along with new cast members Ji Yoo and Choi Ara

'Generation of Youth 2' is scheduled to air in August.

1. misc.
    2. Ji Yoo
    3. park hye soo
    4. Generation of Youth 2

chihirohaku11 21 days ago

isn't her name ji woo?

kaylahyuna 21 days ago

Nope. I was not even interested in Park Hye Soo to begin with but after watching GY1, I just grew attached to her character. And from past dramas, whenever they change up actors, the second season flops.

LyndaO1 21 days ago

Kinda lost interest in this new season now that's there's been changes to main characters, it's just not gonna feel the same, I liked the chemistry between all the girls

majong 21 days ago

ohhh... nooo.... Hye Soo played her role really well... It's a little disappointing to know that she won't play the role for the second season anymore... tss... I've never seen Ji Yoo in dramas before though... I hope she gives justice to the role... :)

meltx 21 days ago

I'm a little disappointed in Park Hye Soo's decision to give up the role to play a film...we were all anticipating their comeback in season 2. I am still looking forward to the second season but I'm just shock that she made that decision. I really hate it when castings get change...but I hope the replacing actress does well because she may receive a lot of backlash if she doesn't match up to Hye-Soo's portrayal of Eun Jae. *__*

peaceoutayll 21 days ago

Oooo, me likey! She was good in the drama with EXO Suho. I like the other girl too. Wish her the best.

Puleun 21 days ago

It's just not the same. First it was Hwa Young, she was my favorite on the show, and now this. But I wish her the best with her movie.

NoonaVip 21 days ago

She chose DO that's Why lol

FragleDagle 21 days ago

Not going to lie. Hye Soo and Hwayoung played my two favorite characters from this show. New girl better be on a new level when acting Hye Soo's character. Hopefully this movie will propell Hye Soo's career. She's my new favorite actress.

kaylahyuna FragleDagle 21 days ago

I personally do not like Hwayoung at all, but nobody can replace her character in GY. She did her role so well that I just can't imagine someone else taking over. It just won't be the same. And same with Hye Soo. I wasn't interested in her to begin with but GY is what made me change my mind and love her acting. GY isn't going to be the same without the two so I will probably watch it out of boredom but idk if I'll enjoyment just the same as the first season

LovelySerenity 21 days ago