EXO is the only K-pop group on Billboard's top boxscore list

By jennywill   Wednesday, May 24, 2017   233,031   60,876   144
EXO

EXO is the only K-pop group on Billboard's Current Boxscore list.

The boxscore chart lists the top 100 shows (individual shows, not tours) that have been held in the USA. EXO is the only K-pop act on the list at #8 with the Los Angeles leg of their 'EXO'r'DIUM' tour.

SEE ALSO: EXO members to be on 'Give Me a Meal' ahead of comeback

The boys sold 8668 seats out of a total of 9739 that they opened in The Forum, to a total sales amount of $1,436,158 USD.

Congratulations to EXO!

Tip: Ashley

1. EXO

kissingAbraxas 20 days ago

I saw this on ig and came to check what the current standing is and proud of both EXO and BTS for placing. And both making in the millions. Congratulations fams of both . 💗

EXOLForeverlt3 29 days ago

I think AKP reeeeally hates EXO to the point of not completely explaining what Gross Sale means. It just means for one show only. So, Aeris and ARMYs, before another fanwar starts, can I just say that AKP absolutely loooooves it when we fight? Let's not fight and let's be proud and happy for our boys, cause both of them are representing K-Pop and South Korea in BBMA and Billboard Sales. EXO fighting! BTS fighting!

veilless EXOLForeverlt3 29 days ago

that "the only kpop group" is literally screaming FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT at both fandoms. they could have worded it less obviously lol shade @akp

kissingAbraxas veilless 20 days ago

And now that's no longer true. So maybe another article will come out saying "BTS beat EXO by a million usd" or something. Don't buy into it fams. They're both doing really well. 💗

honeybe3 29 days ago

Yass 💕💕💕

mgcharli 29 days ago

It's already impressive to have 1.4M gross sale with only 8k audience. Comparing to other artists with the same 1.4M gross sale but having 17k audience and is not performing alone. Only Legends.

cyrstel mgcharli 29 days ago

Their concert tickets was also waaaayy up there. But, yes. This is great. I just hoped the promoter of EXO'rdium HK reported theirs. 2 days concert already earned $3.4M++

chinagaby 29 days ago

People I'll explain, akp is trying to make a FANWAR here, for that they don't explaining it better, so EXOL/ARMY don't fall for it. It is talking about how much money EXO is making in just 1 presentation, the "Gross Sale" $1,436,158 with just 1 presentation. Remember SM is a big company and their concerts are impressive in production. BTS is coming from a small company so their concert production is not as big, and their ticket are not that expensive. Also we don't know if their sales were reported to Billboard, maybe BTS or BigHit don't want anyone to know. Don't make a big deal of it, ARMY/EXOL should help each other or at least don't fight. EXO/BTS are great groups in their own way. Lets them celebrate their achievement.

Annggeell chinagaby 29 days ago

No fanwars going on, don't worry. idk where all the trolls went. might be focusing on a diff article.

Admiren 30 days ago

Boxscore data is reported to Billboard by concert promoters, the venue and artist managers, and not all concert may report their data to Billboard.

cyrstel Admiren 29 days ago

Yep, I just noticed that Bieber isn't there. I'm not a fan of him, but I know for a fact that he is one of the artist who held concerts on a Venue with 20k++ capacity and tickets selling out in minutes. So, he and other artist probably didn't report their earnings.

1Minoz cyrstel 29 days ago

Did he have concerts this year in the U.S. this year? He might be on oversea tour. One year, Backstreet Boys beat him on concert tour earnings on Billboard because that year, he did oversea tours.

cyrstel 1Minoz 29 days ago

I checked the Boxscore chart, it was not a US Concerts only. The #1 was held on Australia, #2 & #3 London. And I checked Purpose earnings (tho just based on Wikipedia) in Mexico for a 4 day concert was already $12M++. And I also checked EXO'rdium in HongKong for 2 days earned $3.4M+. Both data came from concerts this 2017.

LAFF92 30 days ago

This list is still ongoing, the current list is between Feb and May 2017. Hopefully EXO will hold on being on the top 20 at least till the end of this year 2017. With the likes of Coldplay coming a second round in the U.S.  this August, omg their shows are already sold out and yup very pricey as well,by the way they won BBMA  group on tour last week,  U2 is also coming, Iglesias is also currently on tour with Pitbull, Katy Perry, etc. mighty be challenging for EXO to hold on to that spot, but fingers crossed they can at least be on the top 20  until the year end. This data is just for 4 months.

RainingStarlight 30 days ago

people are so petty..just because you've never heard of this list doesn't mean it isn't an achievement..seriously guys? just congragulate instead of saying "never heard of this list before, hmm must not be important pfft"

2pmhottest212 30 days ago

So... they got on the list (which I've never heard before this article) because their tickets were pricey? k.

Annggeell 2pmhottest212 30 days ago

I'm American and I never paid attention to Billboard before getting into kpop lol, I had and have a vague idea of what it is, so I can't blame u. Even now, I don't care about the Billboard.

Toss Annggeell 30 days ago

I used to pay attention to it when I was younger, but I may be a bit older than most fans on Allkpop. It's not as relevant as it used to be, since YT, Spotify, etc... make it harder to track who's really most popular.

mgcharli 2pmhottest212 29 days ago

Yes but still they're alone. They're Non-english speakers but Americans still bought their tickets. If you're an unsignificant group, no one will fall for that price.

YouBettaWerk 30 days ago

I'm here to enjoy the feud between fandoms. Let me grab my popcorn

Annggeell YouBettaWerk 30 days ago