Brand New Music trainee Park Woo Jin to rejoin 'Produce 101' despite shingles

By elliefilet   23 days ago   36,526   3,159   40
misc

Brand New Music trainee Park Woo Jin will be rejoining the competitive reality show 'Produce 101'.

SEE ALSO: Actor Kim Ki Bang to tie the knot in September!

On May 30, reports said Park Woo Jin will be filming for 'Produce 101' on June 3 after taking a break due to shingles. Though he hasn't completely recovered, he's said to have regained most of his strength.

Despite the diagnosis, Park Woo Jin participated in the concept judging for the show on May 28. Shortly afterwards, he experienced a lot of pain due to complications from the condition, which is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus.

Hopefully, he feels better soon!

1. misc.
    2. park woo jin
    3. produce 101

rinrin9 22 days ago

OMG. He's my favorite. Nooo, Woojin-ah! I'm so sad to hear this... and I almost had a heart attack. Get well soon, our Woojin. I hope he gets better... :( My dear, I want him to get into the final 11. Park Woojin, let's DEBUT!

dysdys 22 days ago

i can't without him... he is my fav

Blue82 23 days ago

Shingles is incredibly painful and can take months to completely heal up from even after the outward physical signs are gone. If he doesn't maintain a good amount of rest and nutrition he's going to take longer to heal and possibly even cause another flare up.

melon 23 days ago

ouch! get well please

cheriebunny 23 days ago

I can't believe they made him perform with shingles. That shit is PAINFUL as hell! specially when your clothes touch it. Your skin feels like it's burning. He must have been in MASSIVE amounts of pain while performing. They should not make him join if he isn't fully healed. He's suffering. And dont give me that "he wanted to perform" and "he wanted to rejoin" shit. That's what companies and programs always say, but it's NEVER true. I'm 100% convinced Mnet is pushing him to rejoin and perform because of his popularity.

melon cheriebunny 23 days ago

I'm sure they patched him up and drugged him up so he can't feel too much suffering. but omg. I think for these boys who really want to show them self and debut he wouldn't want to miss the chance so I really wouldn't be surprise if he himself want to be part of it. For actual idol artist that's already active yes I think they would want to rest up.

Crystallize 23 days ago

Shingles are not contagious as long as u don't touch it. It mostly appears on the back.

Roddy 23 days ago

isn't the issue more like what if he spreads it to other people?

i_belong_to_yg 23 days ago

Oh my, no, he is one of the few people I am rooting for in this show. I really hope he feels better and get back to his normal condition soon. WooJin-ah hwaiting!

cocomonkey i_belong_to_yg 23 days ago

He is one of my favorites too.

cmerle1 23 days ago

I had chicken pox and shingles even though I was vaccinated as a kid. The vaccination isn't foolproof. Also, if he was around someone who had shingles and since shingles is contagious, he probably got it from them (only after physical contact, not through the air). After the lesions crust over, shingles is not contagious any more, even though it's still very painful. Unfortunately, his chance of getting shingles again increases with age. I hope he's up to the challenge of this reality show and he does well. Oh, and he's not irresponsible if his doc gave him the go ahead to do the show. Think before you write this people, know the facts.

myfirstwasmblaq cmerle1 23 days ago

Shingles is contagious, but the other person gets chickenpox. If the other person has had chickenpox before and his immune system keeps it in check, then it is unlikely that person would get shingles. Shingles usually comes up when the person is under stress or immune depressed. Otherwise, a normal immune system keeps it under control.

cmerle1 myfirstwasmblaq 22 days ago

So true. When I get under too much stress for a long time, I get an outbreak and miss work until the doc clears me. Don't recommend this to anyone, it's really painful.

mooys 23 days ago

Soon we will see outbreak of chicken pox among the contestants

vav