Social Media

ARMY band together in an effort to help BTS perform at MTV 'Video Music Awards'

By KpopJoA   Friday, May 26, 2017   168,257   37,861   333
bts

Following the grand response from viewers around the world with their groundbreaking win at the '2017 Billboard Music Awards,' ARMY have now joined together once again in an effort to get BTS to perform at the upcoming '2017 MTV Video Music Awards.'

On May 26, numerous fans are tweeting #BTSforVMAs trying to get the hashtag to trend. They also hope that BTS will be nominated for some of the awards.

ARMY are always going the extra mile in trying to promote BTS. The '2017 MTV Video Music Awards' will be held at the Forum in Inglewood, California on August 27.

SEE ALSO: TIME magazine selects BTS as one of the 25 most influential people on the internet

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS

istari 29 days ago

Why can't people be happy that there's actually a kpop group that has a chance of performing?? Why can't people just be proud that the kpop industy has come this far?? Does it matter which group performs as long as fans can be proud?

balladlover Sunday, May 28, 2017

To EXOLForeverIt3 check on twitter and here's proof against your words. This was before EXO was even brought into the picture. So exo was irrelevant before until recently

EXOLForeverlt3 Sunday, May 28, 2017

HAHAHAHAHA I love how f*cking biased AKP is. You do know that EXO-L started trending it first, and then ARMYs said "Sure, let us do it as well", right? I'm not throwing shade at ARMYs, I also want BTS in VMA, I just really don't like it when people only see whatever they feel like it.

Johncane EXOLForeverlt3 Sunday, May 28, 2017

well since bts have aleady entered the American awards and been covered by western media, some would argue that this is more news worthy as there is more of a possibility of them being considered to perform at VMAs

balladlover EXOLForeverlt3 Sunday, May 28, 2017

Uh wrong the first poll had BTS lady gaga in and no exo. Stupid. Do your research first

balladlover EXOLForeverlt3 Sunday, May 28, 2017

I posted the twitter links to your profile. Read and weep. The BTS fandom came up with it first not you.

Kawaii_Unicorn balladlover 30 days ago

Fine, she was misinformed about the subject but does that give you a reason To be rude and call her stupid? So what if Armys came up with it what matters is who becomes nominated and win

Kawaii_Unicorn 30 days ago

Also send me a picture of the first date ARmys tweeted about it

balladlover Kawaii_Unicorn 30 days ago

There was a poll back on April 20. And my computer's laggy and buffers, how am I supposed to go through every single tweet without it freezing. And I'm not an army, but isn't is stupid to mock others for something that that one person claim they're doing when it's the opposing side who was first. There's a forum for it on allkpop hashtag exo for vmas. Read through it's like 10 pages or ten pages when rounded to the nearest whole number. I could care less about what this fandom whats to do with their artist that did well on the billboard. If they embarrass themselves if has nothing to do with me and I could honestly care less if that happens because you reap what you sow. At the same time I applaud for taking the risk even if they wren't aware of it till after they signed the contract.

balladlover Kawaii_Unicorn 30 days ago

I started a conversation with you. If you think I'm making things up you can go through Twitter yourself. Like I said people reap what they sow. if they're going to end up humiliated it doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. What does affect me is people pointing figures without properly doing research or getting their facts straight? Ignorance is not a virtue. So what if they brag and embarrass themselves. Not too long ago according to franchinis on reddit: it's more about exo-ls being embarrassed about being proven wrong. It started when Jeff was asked about Exo going to billboard headquarters (since they're holding concerts in the states soon) and I think Jeff responded that they don't have time. Exo-ls took that to mean that Exo didn't have time to give an interview and started bragging about Exo being too busy for Billboard (some even called billboard irrelevant lol) and how only Armys care about billboard. I guess this got back to Jeff because he tweeted about how they misunderstood his initial tweet and that he was going to interview Exo, just not live. Clearly this hurt the egos of exo-ls, because that's when all the bashing and calling HR trying to get him fired happened. So to summarize, Exo-ls played themselves and are now trying to get a man fired to save face. (although, I don't know how that makes sense in their heads but hey they also claimed Billboard was irrelevant and are now trying to get someone fired from said irrelevant company)

EXOLForeverlt3 balladlover 29 days ago

Wooow chill down honey, I agree that I might have been misinformed from Instagram or Tumblr, but that gives you no right to call me stupid. Also, LIKE I SAID, no SHADES at BTS, but you just read whatever you prefer. Read first and then talk to me

EXOLForeverlt3 Johncane 29 days ago

Yeah sure, but they could have mentioned it you know.

Johncane EXOLForeverlt3 29 days ago

yeah i understand that

balladlover EXOLForeverlt3 28 days ago

EXO-L did not start trending it first. You only bothered to trend, after it was subtle from ARMY's side.

EXOLForeverlt3 balladlover 27 days ago

I said that because i saw on instagram something that an ARMY posted on Tumblr about exol trying to trend EXO for Vmas so i thought that ARMYs said sure let us do it as well. Also i really do not understand why you are getting pissed off since i said that I am not trying to throw shade on ARMYs and BTS since I want them to be on VMAs as well.....

vanessa_vani Kawaii_Unicorn 25 days ago

Dear, Armys aren't like Exo-ls that start trending for NO REASON! At least, we wait to see if trending can help our group to be nominated in VMA and we also wait for someone from VMA to tell us to start trending! We don't make ourselves look stupid if our group has done nothing to be part of a show like that. And at least, we aren't jealous over another group's success, so we start trending to promote them. Too bad I can't say the same thing for Exo-ls. If you are so desperate to get your group in VMA just because you trend without ANYONE asking you to do that, it's your own problem then. Just stop a sec and think which group has the higher chances to be nominated and invited: your groups that VMA has no idea who they are, or Bts that have gotten A LOT OF ATTENTION recently

Skyepop Saturday, May 27, 2017

Maybe BTS are busy that day? No-one thinks of that do they?

LAFF92 Saturday, May 27, 2017

So, just an sns question ,  who benefits  most on retweets, the first person who tweeted or the subject. LOL . .:)

jinyxung Saturday, May 27, 2017

...the nominees list isn't even out yet so what's the point

Johncane jinyxung Sunday, May 28, 2017

LOL isnt that the point though

red_panda4U Saturday, May 27, 2017

ARMY's I really want them to perform this time!

ana_martins Saturday, May 27, 2017

people are getting too deluded lately. your oppas will not get into western market bc they need to sing in english at least. well if you guys want, they can be an american group and leave kpop. kpop dont lose much

balladlover ana_martins Saturday, May 27, 2017

The guy posted a poll asking who people want to see perform and BTS was on that poll and they won the majority vote. And then he tweeted retweet if you want BTS to perform. BLame it on the guy not the fandom for voting. If you're even on this poll and if you're even mentioned in a tweet to retweet you, you have a chance. Grow a brain or two.

shyloone ana_martins Sunday, May 28, 2017

lol since when do you have to sing in English to make into the western market lol, PSY ? Ricky Martin, Shakira ,an heaps years ago, labamba, the list goes on an on, so f of with the bullshit of they have to sing in English, an anyway BTS has already made it onto the western market singing in Korean with a few words in English, what have you got to say now ha

Myallkpopna ana_martins 30 days ago

They will not enter American market? sure I'm in America, they just entered my heart. I have bought their albums and will continue to do so. Also America is not where the stop is at, they're worldwide now. Even if they will never make an English song, their music will still slay Worldwide charts. #1 China #1 Japan #1 Korea #1 Billboard Need to say more. And KPOP will take over. Be patient.

teyling Saturday, May 27, 2017

Jin is worldwide handsome, Armies all of you are worldwide awesome. Hands together again #BTSforVMAs.

imjustme Saturday, May 27, 2017

Okay, I'm not in a delusional kpop bubble like most of the commenters here on AllKpop; I'm a typical middle American music fan who still is very much into the American entertainment industry and just happens to watch kdramas and follows kpop on the side.  I will say that these guys are getting a lot of attention right now in the U.S.  Since the Billboard awards, they have been mentioned on nearly every morning news show, entertainment news program, gossip blog, entertainment news site, radio news program and etc.  It's second to the level of PSY.  They were even mentioned on Fashion Police.  So, they are really getting a lot of attention.  EXO fans sat back and let this happen...lol.  They were called the biggest boy band in Korea on American TV!

Syafariaaaaa imjustme Saturday, May 27, 2017

Omaigat I love to hear that. Thank you so much :*

shyloone imjustme Sunday, May 28, 2017

well said

Myallkpopna imjustme 30 days ago

Ah yeah lol when haters called ARMYs the braggers, they meant ARMYs the promoters. Well done, ARMYs. Keep going!

forever