Tim draws criticism for saying he wants to make Park Na Rae 'a lady' and to make her live a 'proper life'

By jennywill   26 days ago   31,841   606   29
tim,park-na-rae

Ballad singer Tim is being sharply criticized for his words.

In a recent interview with TV Report, he said, "I've done a lot of love variety programs in the past. Now that I'm older, I think 'We Got Married' is a little weird, but I want to be on 'With You' and have an on-screen marriage." He chose comedian Park Na Rae as the partner he wanted to work with and said, "I know she's a free spirit. As she tries to bring me to having fun, I want to try to bring her to have a proper life. I want to see who succeeds first."

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

He'd also said in a recent international bnt interview, "I heard Park Nae Rae likes drinking and sexy things. If she dates me, I can turn her into a proper lady."

Netizens were sharply critical, saying, "Who do you think you are to say she's not living the 'proper' life?", "You're making it sound like Park Na Rae goes around causing trouble. Why does she have to match you?", "Are you looking down on her? Act properly yourself first," "You're saying you want to change someone who is bright and happy into a 'proper' lady. You're already looking down on her," "I thought he chose her because she's so popular lately, but he wants to change her? Just meet someone who's already a 'proper lady'," and more.

What do you think of his words?

1. Tim
    2. Park Na Rae

sasha_barkat_1 26 days ago

and he keeps mentioning her in different interviews, like whats up with that :/

denn1sable 26 days ago

this guy does not have much of a career anymore so he's spewing shit to get attention.

caitlinnolly 26 days ago

"proper lady"? who is a man to say what a so called 'proper lady' is? how can a man turn someone into a proper lady? lmao, imbecile.

pink_oracle 26 days ago

Sounds like he'd make a good old fashioned husband who want's his dinner on the table when he gets home and gives his wife a firm beating when she talks back.

Armyinthehouse 26 days ago

I´m triggered... proper lady????? really?????? proper????? Sorry not sorry, but this guy sounds like an ashole, surely not proper, even if i don´t think that there is a proper man or woman. Dude, work on you first, you need it more, she is amazing already.

intricate 26 days ago

seems to me his choice of words do not entirely reflect what he meant. my first impression was that he sees her as an equal in everything. I could also tell he has a lot of respect for her, and that he is simply curious about which one of the pair of them will influence the other more.

2fat 26 days ago

How old is he 70?

trboo 26 days ago

What Tim said was definitely a problem. I could maybe understand if she were an unhappy person ruining her life and getting into big scandals. But, Park Na Rae is a successful comedienne who lives a fun life. The only reason to change her would be a boyfriend or husband's own selfish reasons that would lead to the other person being unhappy and living an insincere life. Luckily, I doubt Park Na Rae finds Tim's challenge attractive.

partyfan2013 26 days ago

Man, those K-netizens are really at it again showing off why they TRULY have way too much time on their hands as they know pretty damn well that we ABSOLUTELY and MOST DEFINITELY have way much bigger things to worry about than some less-than-concerning stuff like this right here.  Tim absolutely didn't say anything bad about the comedian in any kind of way at all.  He was only voicing his thoughts just like everyone else in this world.  Can those folks just PLEASE focus more on politics, current events and even important issues and stop wasting their time getting their panties up in a bunch over stuff like this from time to time?  I mean, like, seriously, it REALLY shouldn't be too much to ask for here.

monstaxphmonbebe partyfan2013 26 days ago

Actually, this IS politics. Gender politics. It's showing how chauvinistic some men still are despite people saying we're already in a post-feminist era. It IS important because it's one of the root causes of gender inequality, wage gaps, sexism, discrimination, sexual harassment and abuse, domestic violence, and a whole slew of other important things. He may not have said anything explicitly bad, but reading between the lines (e.g., discourse analysis and gender studies), you see a problem with the limited way he views women.

partyfan2013 monstaxphmonbebe 26 days ago

What are you talking about? This AIN'T politics, this is news that's related to the entertainment industry, so um, yeah, I really do mean it as I say that we got much bigger things to worry about here, including the economy, jobs and more.

Baja2000 partyfan2013 26 days ago

For what are you on this website? For entertainment news!!

partyfan2013 Baja2000 26 days ago

Dude, i'm really saying that we got much bigger things to worry about including politics and current events. That is all.

loh 26 days ago

Nah, let's make him a "proper man" first because wtf is even a "proper lady" anyway? 😑 my feminist self can't handle it

really