Variety

[SPOILER] Which trainee is #1 on this week's ranking of 'Produce 101' season 2?

By yckim124   10 days ago   235,632   6,973   126
misc

The second episode of 'Produce 101' season 2 aired on April 14!

As always, the voting by 'nation's producers' took place throughout the broadcast. This week, out of the 98 trainees, Park Jin Hoon from Maroo Entertainment kept his #1 spot and topped the rankings once again. Second came Samuel Kim from Brave Entertainment who climbed up 4 places. Center Lee Dae Hwi from Brand New Music remained third. Ong Sung Woo from Fantagio climbed up 4 spots and took 4th place. ONO Entertainment's Jang Moon Bok dropped 3 and was ranked in 5th place.

SEE ALSO: 'K-Pop Star 6's Kriesha Tiu to debut in May

The trainee with the most drastic increase in rankings is Lee Seo Kyu from IT. He jumped up to 43rd from 91st.

Other trainees who made it onto the top 11 are:

6th: Lai Kuan Lin - Cube Entertainment

7th: Ahn Hyung Seop - Yuehua Entertainment

8th: Joo Hak Nyun - Creker Entertainment

9th: Hwang Min Hyun - Pledis Entertainment

10th: Lee Eui Woong - Yuehua Entertainment

11th: Kim Jong Hyun - Pledis Entertainment

1. misc.
    2. produce 101

MONSTAXSTAN 7 days ago

Don't get me wrong y'all but I honestly don't get why people are hating on the TOP11 contests like people say that they are untalented, awkward, cringe ect. .But what people don't get that the sad truth is Idols nowadays can't only survive by only having talents and if that was the case then there wouldn't be so many underrated groups so idols who are more than talented for example they are cute, funny, entertaing they are the ones that catch the publics eye SO THAT IS WHY THE TOP11 CONTESTS ARE CHOSEN BECAUSE THEY STAND OUT and tbh if u don't like that don't watch the show. Simple as :)

sototallyrandom 7 days ago

Here for Ong Seungwoo and Lee Euiwoong! <3

JOnthego 8 days ago

I like Moonbook's personality but let's be real, this kid doesn't suit a boy group. He's better off if he goes solo. Most of the Top11 boys now are popular, but many of them are lacking real talent. I hope the ranking changes. I also secretly hope Lai Kuan Lin doesn't debut in this group, he's stirried up too much controversy already.

kyuko1599 8 days ago

Samuel on the rise rise rise ooohhhhh! But the Pledis Ent. contestant aka NUEST are really pityful but I still watch them because they are my former bias and it's so sad that I see them doing those task or challenges for them to become an idol AGAIN! VERY SAD :'(

ashaeppa20 8 days ago

which trainee went from F to A?

mr_suplado 8 days ago

I like the top 4 already. I hope that's permanent until the end. It might be mean but I kind of only want 1 member of Nue'st to enter the Top 11. It's just not really fair if all of them enter the Top 11. I think the rest of them entering the top 22 will be good enough to boost their group name again and be able to promote as a group. Let's give a chance to those other idols there too. I think one of the Hotshot members deserves a spot, too! I also don't want Moonbok to enter the top 11. Don't get me wrong. I like this kid, not because of his talent or his past, but he's just like a ray of positive sunshine. He looks like he knows he lacks a lot but decides to just ignore what people are saying and enjoy the ride. But let's be honest, he can't dance at all. His singing is okay but not great. I think Moonbook is better off as a solo rapper than in a group.There are lots of great vocalist too who are only being dragged down the ranks because they couldn't really dance. I wish the best for all this boys.

Alastair 8 days ago

I'm sorry, but how can people watch this? It's too cringe for me, I just can't. Imma just wait for the results to come out. Hopefully Nu'est can get into the top 10.

crystaldiaaz 8 days ago

I'm glad at least JR and Minhyun are in the top 11 rn. Let's work to keep 'em there~

Virtuous_Youth 8 days ago

No arguments on tops 1-4, truly deserving.  But tops 5-11 can go.  None of them deserve to be there, not even my sweet Jeju pig farmer Joo Hak Nyeon(I'm throwing hearts at you sweetie, love you).  I'd put Kang Daniel of MMO at top 5.  I know Jang Moon Bok is a nice guy but he should be at 78, beating out at least 20 lesser talented boys(and I'm being generous there).  If we want a foreign flavour then let's put Star Road Ent's Takada Kenta within top 11 instead of Lai Guan Lin.  Kenta dances perfectly to Na Ya Na with a smile that never goes away.  At this stage, I'd fill the rest of top 11 up with the badass boys from Ardor and Able, Brand New Music and S-How, cute Media Line and Produce 101 Season 2 maknae Lee Woo Jin, Kim Tae Dong of The Vibe Label and the other Maroo boy Kwon Hyeop.  We've only seen 2 episodes so far and I know I will still have a change of heart.

0yooFvr Virtuous_Youth 8 days ago

from 1-4 rank are my fav, if 5th place is kang daniel, it will be perfect!

i_belong_to_yg Virtuous_Youth 8 days ago

gosh, i need to level up my dictionary here. how do you even study these people and their labels so fast? all I know is Samuel and Dae Hwi and Moon.

Virtuous_Youth i_belong_to_yg 8 days ago

I know, I'm a bit sad like that. I just came upon the first season of Produce 101 online when it's all done and finished it in less than a week. Didn't really follow the winning group IOI so, I guess, all I really liked was the format of the show. I studied Korean up to intermediate level so I could read Hangeul and get by watching dramas and shows without subs. Not completely mind. I still would sought out a subbed version if there's one. I've watched episode 2 for a second time now, so I guess you could say I am a little obsessive, hahaha...

i_belong_to_yg Virtuous_Youth 8 days ago

I watch 80% of my shows without subs too.... Korean skills come in handy at times like this.... but I struggle a lot with memorizing names and labels and all that background details.... :(

Virtuous_Youth i_belong_to_yg 7 days ago

I was probably one of the few people who were looking forward to Season 2. A lot of comments I've read have been negative for this show. But when the pre-show hype started, so was I. Each boy was given a chance to promote himself by a 1-2 minute video on Youtube and other sites. They're so easy to watch on your phone. I didn't get to see all of them though. Then more print info was dished out by Mnet which I got to see on Soompi. I only checked out my biases. And those biases might change again come episode 3. Then I'mma gonna do background checks again for those new biases, hahaha...

yoonajjang21 0yooFvr 4 days ago

Sad that Daniel is not getting the recognition when he obvi can sing and dance. At least better than Guan Lin and moonbok.

purplematoki 8 days ago

ahhh i wish people would recognize dongho and minki aka BAEKHO AND REN FROM NU'EST! Also HOTSHOT FIGHTING

i_belong_to_yg purplematoki 8 days ago

but they are not doing their job well. they are dragging themselves way behind..... as their fan from Face era, and having gone through the injustice they went through, I really wanted them to shine but no, they kept going donw hills and I am so shocked by that.... it is not that people are not noticing, it is just Nu'est continues to hide themselves for some reason....

extra