Variety

Jo Kwon says he is against dating in public

By KpopJoA   10 days ago   21,093   1,526   33
Jo-Kwon

The latest episode of KBS2's '1 vs. 100' welcomed Jo Kwon to the show.

When the MC asked, "What kind of questions do your juniors ask you?" Jo Kwon commented, "It's usually a variety of things but I do get questions regarding dating."

SEE ALSO: Jo Kwon talks about his mother's reaction to him cross-dressing

The singer elaborated, "Honestly, I'm against public dating... I advise my juniors to just date in secret. If they have their own personal space, I just tell them to meet with their partners at home without getting caught."

1. Jo Kwon
    2. 1 vs 100

loh 8 days ago

I respect his opinion but don't push it on others...If your friends wanna date in private let them, if they wanna go public let them. But my opinion is that true love never has to hide T.T

1llionaire 10 days ago

what does this guy do nowadays?

edurance 1llionaire 10 days ago

he was a fixed cast on golden tambourine a couple months ago

Kbloom 1llionaire 8 days ago

24/7 diva, dancer, 2AM member

1llionaire Kbloom 8 days ago

2am is dead tho

verney 10 days ago

While I personally love when celebrities in the Korean entertainment industry date publicly, I'm sure Jokwon has seen all the pros and cons and what happens to the celebrities themselves which is why he said that.

k_kid 10 days ago

Korea is becoming more and more open minded. Seolhyun and Zico are still popular as ever even though they were in a relationship. I like Jo Kwon, but I think his thinking is pretty old fashioned.

Alastair k_kid 10 days ago

I don't think it's old fashioned, I think it's to protect the idol and whoever they're dating from public opinion is they were dating openly. It's sad that they have to do that but fangirls/ rabid fans are crazy and think the idol is their personal possession. So if they plan to date, they'll have to do it in secret. Especially if they're not straight. This is really just protecting their own self interest.

bangeryun94 k_kid 10 days ago

Agreed. Seolhyun and Zico took hard hits on social media but it really did not affect their popularity.

Lynnbia bangeryun94 10 days ago

it did affect Seolhyun tho

bangeryun94 Lynnbia 10 days ago

Seolhyun had issues before her dating news.

k_kid Alastair 9 days ago

I think the more people who opt to openly date from celebrities happening in Korea will have a positive impact over time. People will come to accept it. Of course, you're going to have your crazies, but most people will learn to accept it and will become a norm. A non-Korean member like a Chinese person in Kpop used to make a lot of news and interest in Korea. But now it's just another member being added to a group.

trboo 10 days ago

I like how he used the non-gendered term "partner." I very much doubt girl hoobaes would be asking a guy for dating advice, so girlfriend would have worked here . . . but... you do you Jo Kwon.

Blue82 trboo 10 days ago

I agree that I like that he used a non-gendered term but he is friends with many people of various genders and the younger generations tend to be much less formal in private. I have no doubts he talks about dating with more than just guy friends. Others do too. Hongki mentioned in a recent interview that he and one of his female friends talk about dating so it's not that uncommon.

shyloone 10 days ago

Its a shame idols have to hide when dating, but i guess when there are such inhumane things called netizens who like to invade peoples privacy, then i guess they have to be so secretive

Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

And I hope Kai and Krystal will listen to your wise advice ! They did more than dating in public !!!! Shameless girl, Krystal !

leelou Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

stop shaming pople its wrong would like someone to talk trash about you seriously respect

Wang_Sejung leelou 10 days ago

shaming who ?

leelou Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

u said shaming girl krystal

edurance leelou 10 days ago

they don't teach respect and common sense in "prestigious seoul national university"

leelou edurance 10 days ago

i think so too she needs to learn some

Wang_Sejung edurance 10 days ago

what are you talking about ? in Seoul national university, they are teaching a lot of things. Respect and common sense is among these things. You obviously don't know my university ?!!!

Amber_B Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

You must have missed those lectures then because you have neither respect for anyone or any common sense !

Wang_Sejung Amber_B 10 days ago

why I don't have respect or common sense ? how a British girl can accuse me of these things ? Did Breton respect the people of third world ? Ask Gandhi to see if Breton respect other people !!!

Alastair Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

You should stop with the university and PhD bullshit you keep using in every argument you get into. I already proved you're not PhD candidate, and if you lied about that, I'm pretty sure you're lying about attending Seoul University.

Wang_Sejung Alastair 10 days ago

Mais non, voyons tu crois que tout le monde est un sale menteur comme toi ?

leelou Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

ok u are a seoul graduate u smart we get it u mention that every time i see u comments u disrespect people get a reality check and be humble

Alastair Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

If you can tell me what your dissertation is, I'll believe you. Simple.

kddicted Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

Is that how bored you are with your life? That you have to come on this site and troll??

xiaozhu Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

I've said it before I will say it again and again and again. YOU do NOT go to SNU. If you did you would of been aware that the school has a lesbian Student Body President named Kim Bo Mi and an LGBT club, which you denied existed and you also said that the school doesn't allow LGBT people to attend. WRONG! You also don't live in South Korea because you claimed that gay clubs are illegal, again WRONG! There a several gay clubs up and running which have never been raided by police or shut down. This is the proof of Kim Bo Mi - koreaherald[dot]com/view[dot]php?ud=20151120000762 - Here is the proof of the LGBT club at SNU - queerinsnu[dot]com/page/eng_desk_link[dot]html - and here is the proof off all the gay clubs that are up and running that you apparently believe don't exist - travelgayasia[dot]com/seoul-gay-bars/ - You also claim to be a Buddhist but call out to God and claim that he made you. Buddhists DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD. You CAN'T even READ Hangul when people comment to you using it. YOU ARE NOT KOREAN AND YOU DO NOT GO TO SNU.

Wang_delulu_D Wang_Sejung 10 days ago

Poor wanker nobody wants to date him lmao

Kbloom xiaozhu 8 days ago

PREACH DAT SHIT

Cath_Keller Wang_Sejung 3 days ago

My gosh wanker, you sound like a raving lunatic

The End