Interviews

By KpopJoA   28 days ago   48,599   3,655   22
Taecyeon

There is no holding back for 2PM's Taecyeon as he is full of enthusiasm wishing to achieve many things.  The desire of the idol star that has been in the business for 10 years and who successfully transitioned into acting is on fire.  As Taecyeon will be entering the military soon, he sat down for an interview with Kukmin Ilbo.

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

"It was hard for me to switch back and forth as a singer and an actor. I started acting when 2PM was in its prime.   Back then, I was exhausted since it wasn't really what I wanted to do. But it's not like that anymore.  Now that I actually want to act, I feel a sense of greater responsibility," - Taecyeon.

His role in the new film 'House of the Disappeared' is his second film overall and Taecyeon plays the role of a priest.  Working alongside co-star actress Kim Yun Jin, Taecyeon talked about his interest in entering the U.S. market as an actor. He even sent out demo tapes numerous times.  "I think it's always good to take on challenges.  I am constantly knocking on the door... When I toured for the first time in the United States with 2PM, I felt I had achieved my dreams.  Now I have a new goal. For my movie to play in theaters across America."

When asked which direction he would take, Taecyeon commented, "I'm not quite sure yet." He then mentioned the army, "I think I'll be able to establish a clear goal once I return from the military."

In 2011, the idol star decided to give up his U.S. permanent resident status and enter the Korean military.  "Of course I thought about it a lot. But I think my heart will be more at ease after going to the army. I feel it's the right way."

Taecyeon then added jokingly, "They say that once you enter the military, you either give up or survive until the end. Many people said that I'll do well. Haha."

Check out photos from Taecyeon's photo shoot with Kukmin Ilbo below.

1. Taecyeon

PAMELA_KAY 21 hours ago

I really like Taecyeon. I wish him luck in the Army and can't wait to see him once he returns. I am going to find the movie and watch it. I also wish him luck in America.

robin1 9 days ago

I can't stand this guy. He's an arrogant jerk.

PAMELA_KAY robin1 21 hours ago

I have never seen that out of Taecyeon.

jypnloves 19 days ago

he is aging backwards...

borabora_97 19 days ago

i feel like its weird they all wanna be popular in america ... asia is a huge market   ... america isnt that great

robin1 borabora_97 9 days ago

Don't try to put down America to elevate your opinion which by the way is stupid.

borabora_97 robin1 9 days ago

lololol its my opinion lolol why r u so pressed

robin1 borabora_97 9 days ago

Girl please....

watashinohana 27 days ago

I'm so sad TaecBae is going to be out of the lime light for 2 years.

ShayMin 27 days ago

Why are all of my boyfriends going into the army? TOP...Now Taecyeon? What about us?

Sarah_Sarai 27 days ago

I know that you will make your dream true I believe in you and will always support you !!! 2PM&HOTTEST 4ver together !!!

Hottest2PMKhun 27 days ago

cant believe he will be going off to the army this year, anyway, he is looking forward to it, i miss my 2pm

An_dromeda 27 days ago

you can know your limit only when you push yourself... and that you can cdo only if u r not afraid to fall... thats the attitude of Ok Taecyeon.. he will do whatever he wishes to do because everything he achieved till date is bcos of that fighting attitude... #ProudTaecStan #ProudHottest

skyfall53 28 days ago

It's good to have dreams just so long as they are not fantasies..

charged