Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Variety

Sooyoung and Kim Jong Min talk about the comfort foods that helped them during their hardships

By KpopJoA   24 days ago   18,392   2,506   8

Kim Jong Min and Girls' Generation's Sooyoung made guest appearances on JTBC's 'We Will Eat Well.'

Broadcasted on February 2, the celebrities discussed their hardships during their singing careers. The main topic was comfort food, as the guests shared their moments of trials.

Kim Jong Min admitted, "There was a time I struggled during '1 Night 2 Days'.  After returning from the army, I received a lot of hateful comments like 'He doesn't have any common sense,' 'Get lost,' 'Cancerous Jong Min.' I was afraid to comment on the negative feedback when being interviewed."  To overcome the situation, he explained that he went to a pork belly restaurant with fellow Koyote member Bbaek Ga for comfort.

Sooyoung mentioned Haejangguk, the soup used for hangovers made of ox blood as of her comfort food. "14 years ago, I remember eating Haejangguk in junior high school... My family and I would attend early morning church service and went to a 24-hour restaurant afterward to eat soup. It was a daily routine for us."  She explained, "I was a trainee then for 7 years, and practiced real hard. I was worried about my future and wondered if I had made the right decision of quitting school. I prayed to God that I could debut as a singer."

What is your comfort food? Tell us in the comments below!

1. Sooyoung
    2. Kim Jong Min
    3. we-will-eat-well

ladydahlia629 24 days ago

My comfort food is Pastelon de Platano Maduro (Ripe Plantain Casserole with ground beef). It's very similar to lasagna, but the only major difference is that fried yellow plantains are used instead of Lasagne pasta. It's something I love to eat when I deal with the stress of being an university student.

IMakeMyPoint 24 days ago

I will go with you to eat Haejangguk anytime you want Sooyoung!

smokeee 24 days ago

wwow i didnt know sooyoung was a trainee for 7 years.

IMakeMyPoint smokeee 24 days ago

Actually, she debut in Japan in a group when she was 12 years old, so she entered SM when she was 10 and trained for 2 years, and after trained that for another 4 years before debut in SNSD when she was 17. So its more like a total of 7 of training.

because789 24 days ago

Rice or bread

RedVelutionary 24 days ago

I wish I was the Sooyoung's soup ;)

skididdlepopper 24 days ago

KirbyX 24 days ago

My comfort food is KFC original recipe, or I make a Sunday roast, I am a little addicted to roast potatoes with salt. No plans on becoming an idol though haha.

The End