Group Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Variety

Jeon So Mi explains why she didn't make it into TWICE

By yckim124   17 days ago   248,196   14,457   230
twice,jeon-so-mi

Jeon So Mi talked about why she didn't make it into the group TWICE.

On the February 10 airing of 'Unnies' Slam Dunk 2', Jeon So mi explained why she wants to try out for a girl group again. She said, "My dream is to become a singer so I've participated in 2 survival programs." She then talked about not making it into TWICE, saying, "I made it into the last rounds on 'Sixteen' but I was eliminated because I lacked dancing skills."

SEE ALSO: Pop Quiz: Which TWICE member is your wifey on 'We Got Married'?

She continued, "I didn't want to hear that again so I practiced really hard and went on 'Produce 101'. I was afraid, but I felt like I should do something when I'm given an opportunity. I think I'm the type that needs to do what I want no matter how long it takes."

1. TWICE
  2. Jeon So Mi
  3. unnies-slam-dunk-2

federick 16 days ago

Not because of her dancing skills,  it's the right timing

obama1098 16 days ago

LOL..twice? really?tbh they cant sing...just sellin their aegyo.

lilwinster2k obama1098 15 days ago

Oh, yeah? And, um, what's Red Velvet? I'm pretty sure they're 'selling their aegyo' as well, but you don't bash on them...

j1msm lilwinster2k 13 days ago

what does red velvet have to do with this?

lilwinster2k j1msm 12 days ago

Nothing. I'm just saying that there are other idols who use their aegyo as well. It's sort of unfair that you point out only one group that you happen to dislike.

j1msm lilwinster2k 8 days ago

that's hypocritical to say it's unfair to point out only one group... when you pointed out only red velvet? I didn't point anyone out that's the other person lol I'm just asking why you gotta bring red velvet into the situation

lilwinster2k j1msm 7 days ago

You really don't get it, do you? I only pointed out Red Velvet because you pointed out TWICE. It's not that hypocritical, more than it is making a statement.

j1msm lilwinster2k 6 days ago

I didn't point out twice LMAO like I said you dumby that's a different person.... go back up and read who said it... THE USERNAME IS DIFFERENT. unlike you I didn't bring any fucking group into the picture? so you're not making sense right now? I didn't say anything about twice or red velvet....

j1msm lilwinster2k 6 days ago

he person that you should be talking to is @obam1098 which is the guy who brought up twice.. learn to read usernames before replying lmao all I asked you was what the hell red velvet has to do with this?

lilwinster2k j1msm 5 days ago

Humans aren't perfect. You can't expect a perfect outcome out of everything.

shyloone 16 days ago

she never made it in because she is a good singer, JYP will select you on image , cuteness and dancing before singing, which is rediculous i know.

lilwinster2k shyloone 15 days ago

No, not necessarily. Some Got7 members weren't as god-like as they are now, and they still got in.

Kpop4Lyyfe 16 days ago

born in 2001...still a baby dang

BoBo101 16 days ago

Uhhh, she's in Unnies?? But she's like so young tho! Wasn't the whole purpose of this show to showcase older women who dominate, but don't have many publicity chances or something along those lines? I see this turning into Unpretty Rapstar, when in the end they all became pretty and could barely rap. Like don't get me wrong, Jeon Somi is awesome but she doesn't really fit into this concept.

coca2 16 days ago

maybe jyp saw that she didnt fit as a twice member and to be honest it worked out for the best.. i love somi so much she works really hard and i really love that she is recognized by her talent because let's face it she is better that most of the twice members

shyloone coca2 16 days ago

shes better than all of them you mean

chanyeolisbae867 16 days ago

I never thought she lacked dancing skills. What is she talking about?

cjh_forever chanyeolisbae867 16 days ago

I mean, she clearly said she practiced after hearing that. so ofc she dont "lack" dancing skills now.

chanyeolisbae867 cjh_forever 16 days ago

Before she seemed fine tho.

cjh_forever chanyeolisbae867 16 days ago

oh tbh idk. i never heard of her until IOI. sorry

bigbangsbible 16 days ago

It's too bad she joined ioi while it lasted.. Girl groups only do cute concepts so they can never show their true abilities. Somi looks like she has potential if only they would test her abilities.

VitaminWell 16 days ago

Aw guys she's a fighter! Love her <3

gchoneybllushhh 16 days ago

I think the real reason could be that she is too young..

not today