Music Releases

G-Friend goes with a military theme in first concept photos for comeback + teaser video

By GhostWriter   26 days ago   137,399   21,999   213

After confirming their comeback for March 6, G-Friend has started the release of the teasers!

SEE ALSO: Which member is the best drinker in G-Friend?

Departing from their cute themes of the past, the girls are looking quite fierce in military outfits for one of the concept photos. The other concept photo is themed knight. There are two hashtags #THE_AWAKENING and #FINGERTIP, so it appears the former might be the name of the mini album and the latter the title track. Check out the concept photos and a teaser video below!

1. G-Friend (Girlfriend)
  2. the awakening
  3. fingertip

WinWinOppa 25 days ago

Now I understand why people call them "visual hole"

gfriendpop_trash WinWinOppa 25 days ago

why? are you being rude

Eithra WinWinOppa 25 days ago

They're not though. Just downvote and report this comment.

nami_chan WinWinOppa 25 days ago

jealous much?

lovelunaa nami_chan 24 days ago

or maybe she/he just doesnt find gfriend pretty...? maybe it doesnt have anything to do with jealousy but its just their opinion??

lovelunaa Eithra 24 days ago

don't tell other people to report just because you disagree with it lmao

nami_chan lovelunaa 24 days ago

ok but why do you care luna , is your account? not, then bye

lovelunaa nami_chan 24 days ago

does it matter if this is my account ?? i can care as much as you care, its not like youre any better lmao bye

nami_chan lovelunaa 24 days ago

of course it matter, are you dumb? we weren't talking to you. Plus there's a big different between opinion and being just plain rude. duh!, "so I can care as much as you care, it's not like you are any better, lmao bye" .

nami_chan 24 days ago

difference *

Eithra lovelunaa 24 days ago

There's a big difference between an opinion and being rude. WinWinOppa was being rude.

Eithra lovelunaa 24 days ago

I know that people have different ideas of beauty but this comment was rude, hence the downvote and report. I don't know about you but there are other ways of putting across that you don't find someone pretty.-_-

WinWinOppa Eithra 24 days ago

But I always being rude lol

IGOTBUDDIES WinWinOppa 24 days ago

Feels so good to say something rude when it comes to the group u hate huh? Do u like it when other people diss your bias group ?

stan9muses WinWinOppa 23 days ago

stay pressed as gfriend continues to slay. NEXT

stan9muses lovelunaa 23 days ago

go stan twice and leave gfriend alone if u only have hateful things to say about gfriend. like how insecure you must feel about twice and yourself...

Lynnbia 25 days ago

Umji looks AMAZING !

_CLeO Lynnbia 25 days ago

beyondordinary 25 days ago

i thought of DOTS lol

universalkpopfan 25 days ago

Its time for Yeoja Chingu to take a dark concept but not necessarily sexy. OMO!! IM EXCITED ALREADY!! 3>

Gallifreyan7 25 days ago

I hope they'll do well. This remind me of SNSD Hoot but just a little bit and in a good way. I still think it will be very different and I can't wait to see their new choreo and good vocal performance. Not a big big fan of them but I love how they sound live and since they always come out with pretty good choreo I still and up watching their performance even they're not my favorite style.

s0ne221 25 days ago

OMG THEY ACTUALLY LOOK SO GOOD :00

Pluvi 25 days ago

SinB fixing cameras since 1970s

crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

sorry peeps.. but this is getting creepy.. that's just so GG's Genie and Hoot lol

IGOTBUDDIES crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

at this point, when it comes to gfriend every thing they do will be a copy of SOMETHING. Just stop it!

crazyawesomeyall IGOTBUDDIES 25 days ago

naah.. just a copy of GG's concept..

greengirl103 crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

Tell me where you see a Snsd Resemblance, because we don't see it. "This X girl group copied SNSD" is getting old just because you see something like a theme and it reminds you of Snsd doesn't mean they copied them.

Eithra crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

I can't see the resemblance though.

Eithra greengirl103 25 days ago

I can't see it either. It's not similar in any aspect.

Eithra crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

Okay since you're so confident that it is a copy, how about you tell me where you see the similarites.

shubhajan crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

thats looks nothin like GG hoot and genie

crazyawesomeyall Eithra 25 days ago

why are you so obsess? lol.. GFriend has been a replica of GG for the longest time. concepts and everything. this must not be news for you. plus. imitation is a form of flattery, there's nothing bad here lol

crazyawesomeyall Eithra 25 days ago

if you really wanna get down to business? the gun holding, the all 007 bond girl vibe, that's GG's hoot, the only difference? they had bigger guns and longer clothes. but the retro inspired music in the background? yeah.. Hoot vibe.. now the military concept, was GG's genie concept. the only difference? they didn't do a marine corp outfit and again, longer clothes, lesser legs. sure, these concepts are not owned by GG and any groups can take it. the only reason why i said they're a replica is because that's what EVERYBODY are saying, except of course, the GFriend fans.. maybe the word "replica" is too much, but it is undeniable their concepts, songs, choreographies are all GG inspired.

Eithra crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

It's a similar concept but that's it.

Eithra crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

Replica is too strong a word though. And this was inspired by the Anime Nana so .......

crazyawesomeyall Eithra 25 days ago

said it all you want man.. any kpop fans in the world would say "GG did that first", so yeah.......

Eithra crazyawesomeyall 25 days ago

So? I'm a huge Sone but it's not fair that every time a group does a similar concept to SNSD's, it's said that they're copying SNSD. It's not like SNSD has copyrighted the concept. Besides I still can't see it and it's not for lack of trying. It seems more fantasy like to me

Eithra 25 days ago

When Eunha raises the gun that is.

stan9muses crazyawesomeyall 23 days ago

sorry peep... this is getting creepy.... but OP is dumb

Calamity10 25 days ago

Ok new concepts. Hhmm.. but I think I saw some SET of hair color like that before specially when you look at SinB, Umji and that Red girl together. Maybe I should look at it twice.

jikookie16 Calamity10 25 days ago

Why bring up twice here?? Gurl, it's gfriend written on the title, not twice. Don't bring them up here, cause as a once and a buddy, I hate it when my bias groups are compared to each other

JeAnYoung jikookie16 25 days ago

Rofl, he said he will look at it twice... This is the issue with these "justified" fans. They get all butt hurt for no reason. Calm down. "Breath in, breath out."

IGOTBUDDIES Calamity10 25 days ago

Yep. Just as i expected. I knew u'd pop out of this comment section sooner or later with a FAULT to find. lol. Typical hater..

IGOTBUDDIES JeAnYoung 25 days ago

u can't deny that this calamity person is trying to diss gfriend. She/he's (most likely a SHE) been finding something to complain about in so many gfriend articles. So... I totally get why a FAN of GFRIEND would get butt hurt.. Cuz there is actually a REASON..

Calamity10 IGOTBUDDIES 25 days ago

Didnt you even felt that I hold back what I mean to say there? Im not yet even trying to drop a bomb here because its just the first teaser. Its good that theyre trying a new concept. That is why its pretty early to drop a bomb. Yet you are here already addressing me as a hater. How about addressing me as a critic? I just pointed their set of hair colors because it looks kinda similar. Cheer Up bruh. How about replying to those people that their teaser looks like Hoot by SNSD?

IGOTBUDDIES Calamity10 25 days ago

lol. stop pretending.. ANYBODY could EASILY get what your trying to mean. Especially a person like me who's been observing how u always CRITICISE them over every little single thing. i know which fandom u belong to. Seeing you praise your bias group & keep criticising gfriend (or other groups that aren't your bias) makes me feel sick. Even I don't criticise YOUR bias group the way u criticise mine. I even tend to defend your bias group when they get hate for lame reasons. So u get why i call u a hater right? Only haters like to CRITICISE continuously

IGOTBUDDIES Calamity10 25 days ago

FYI.. i have replied to people that mention about their teaser looking like hoot! at this point every single thing they do will be claimed as copy-cating. Just cuz people found how gf reminded them of SNSD in the beginning. Every thing they do will be related to them. But the funny thing is.. when your bias group does something similar to another group = "choreographer, management, stylist etc is to be blamed", but when gfriend does something similar to other groups = "GFRIEND is to be blamed". You get what i mean right?

Eithra Calamity10 25 days ago

Unusual hair colours are common in Kpop. -_-

Calamity10 Eithra 24 days ago

That is why i said SET of hair colors bruh.

Calamity10 IGOTBUDDIES 24 days ago

Which group I stan? Guess it then, just because I compliment them a little it will be a reason for me to stan them? like duh. And- you cant do anything to the other people who thinks that theyre copying the other groups specially SNSD as you said. You cant blame them for thinking about that. WHY? Because their own management dont even do anything to prove it wrong but still doing it. The management do nothing that is why Gfriend is being the one who blamed. Also I just said about the hair color, why are you in full defense mode.

IGOTBUDDIES Calamity10 24 days ago

i'm not gonna name em but it's certainly from the big 3.,, "Because their own management dont even do anything to prove it wrong but still doing it. The management do nothing that is why Gfriend is being the one who blamed." ??? I still don't see a logical & reasonable reason. :-|

stan9muses Calamity10 23 days ago

so many rookie groups have brown/black/blonde hair "sets" why dont u go shit on them

Calamity10 IGOTBUDDIES 23 days ago

Who do you think whose choosing their concepts and songs? Of course it will be their management/company. Knowing that Gfriend are being labled as copycats from their previous comebacks especially the Navillera intro. Their management should at least do something new to shut down this rumors or as well as an statement. Well, theyre gonna do a new concept now which is good but the problem is some people saw something simillar from Hoot by SNSD in their teaser. So the 2nd teaser should shut down those Hoot rumors. So the people thinking that theyre bunch of copies are not the problem here but their management. But since their management is not doing anything or releasing a statement to shut down the rumors, the blames are being put to Gfriends. This is internet world bruh.

kddicted 25 days ago

please please please hit big I really want them to do well

JeAnYoung kddicted 25 days ago

How big can they go though honestly, I think they hold the record for the longest for being within the top 100 song.

sonelflee kddicted 25 days ago

Honestly, Gfriend is a big hit. It just those fans/people who are salty who doesn't give them a chance. Also, its those people who look the other way because GFriend doesn't come from a big company.

kddicted JeAnYoung 24 days ago