OP-ED, Special Features

11 times netizens showed concern and disapproval toward an idol's weight loss

By SassyGrrrl   26 days ago   670,019   3,226   160
Intro
Idols whose visuals netizens preferred before their weight loss
Sadly, weight is an important factor in the world of idols. There are frequent fluctuations, but most of the time, idols focus on losing the pounds, especially when promotions are coming up. This can be a hit or miss as netizens sometimes express sadness and even concern when they see an idol after weight loss. These are some of the idols whom netizens have criticized or worried about after their transformation! It's hard to please everybody because you know how netizens can be! But in which cases do you agree they might be on to something?

SEE ALSO: Former PD of 'Masked Singer' confirmed to have moved to tvN

1. misc.

ronc137 20 days ago

I'd have to agree that Lizzy and Xiumin are too skinny now.

shim_handsome 24 days ago

I'm curious how idol lose weight because some have extreme dieting and some got obsessive exercise. My favorite group, Boyfriend who is known for being thin and now their main vocal is seem to weight as minimum as possible. It's even more frustrating when fans say he looks better after losing weight but he actually has been handsome since beginning and indeed looks better, manlier and healthier with fats. Now his face looks much older and his body look like moving skeleton. I'm very sure his weight is not balance with his height or probably just enough. He's so thin that I can't watch him anymore. Miss the good old time.

samoankpoper21 shim_handsome 24 days ago

In most cases, the idols usually opt for one meal a day varying in little to no portions 😶 but yeah, I feel like all of BOYFRIEND got super thin 😶

Xiyima 25 days ago

Looking at Lizzy's picture scared me. She looks soooooo unhealthy, those legs look like they're going to break any moment. I hope she gains some weight and not just for her health but also for her image, there are many kids looking up to her being an idol and all.

kpophilippines Xiyima 24 days ago

If she is skiny then what do you think to the body of snsd Yoona and Sooyoung?Also Tiffany and Taeyeon?

Xiyima kpophilippines 22 days ago

Exactly the same, but you cannot deny that Lizzy looks way more extreme than them.

kpophilippines Xiyima 22 days ago

Try to look at Yoona first with her knees visible too. They are just the same.

dan_lu kpophilippines 21 days ago

Sooyoung and Yoona has always been like that. That's their body type. But Lizzy wasn't like this before... She sure looks unhealthy. I never skinny shame, and I'm not doing it now. It's just worrisome.

kpophilippines dan_lu 21 days ago

I dont think they are just like that. They are just like that because of busy schedule, look at Tiffany she is never like that but because of too much schedule she is like Lizzy now, so what is worrisome, if Liza is worrisome then Tiffany also.

ladamenoire 25 days ago

Xiumin has had legit body issues for a while. He's talked about the pressure to be super thin, and it just makes me worry. Obviously it's horrible for women, look at JinE, but some people forget that guys can get body image problems too. Especially in this field. And he's the sweetest, most gentle person.

mango_91 25 days ago

They look kinda sick to me. A little fat improve healthiness.

abdalminator 25 days ago

their legs looks so thin

c2J 25 days ago

All of them look healthy except Lizzy tbh...

neko2412neko 25 days ago

OMG, Lizzy is insane skinny!!! she is almost only bones and skin oO pls eat!also Hani was prettier before she lost weight! her body looks too boyish now...

pink_oracle 25 days ago

I remember when Yuri lost all that weight for Hoot promotions and Netizens were on her case? Glad she gained it back she always had one of the best figures.

ThreeDelivery 25 days ago

I've been concerned for a lot of people with unhealthy diets. These idols are so thin I can almost not see them. Let them eat!

cococcchanel ThreeDelivery 25 days ago

And stop having them working like crazy. That way, they won't lose what they eat.

finger heart