TWICE sets another record on YouTube by being the fastest K-pop group to reach 40 million

By jennywill   27 days ago   90,319   20,684   201
twice

TWICE has set one more record!

The group had been breaking records on their "TT" MVs, and now they've broken another one by becoming the group to reach 40 million views on YouTube the fastest. Not just that, "TT" keeps gaining perfect all-kills constantly even though the song was release a week ago.

Congratulations to TWICE!

1. TWICE
  2. tt

HonestAlpaca 26 days ago

Nice <3

REALSONE 26 days ago

No because it's not just the same person streaming. A person can only stream as much as 300 times to be counted as views per IP address. Thats IF the person doing that deletes cookies and cache constantly or uses multiple devices on the same IP address. All of that would get very tedious. That's not all. Youtube does not count replay button, playlisting only that video, or pausing or clicking and refreshing it again and again. You must manually search for the video, keep the volume at least to 50%, watch the video, and then watch another video. Hence why Youtube doesn't update views in realtime because they are analyzing whether views are spam or not. It would be very HARD for one fanbase to do all that considering most people HAVE LIVES outside their idols. This means a significant portion of the views relies on other sources besides fanbases. In fact you can say the 40 million views is closing to population of 50 Million people of South Korea. Obviously not each person can watch it but TT has peaked number 1 in many countries in South East Asia hence it extends beyond South Korea. In conclusion, many people have watched the video not just the fans streaming it.Next time you make an argument make sure to back it up instead of generalizing. That's all I'm saying.

REALSONE 26 days ago

This was a reply to the aveiou character who said its the same people streaming.

aeviou REALSONE 26 days ago

For some reason I can't reply back to your comment on my post... In any case, I'm aware of the fact that streaming in the way that bypasses youtube's spam system is an arduous process but there are fans who do do that (they broadcast it in the comments). I'm not denying the fact that TT is extremely popular, because it is, but I still believe that a large portion of the views, even if it's not half, is due to those fans. My main point was that these records are pointless and competing to break these records is as well, and by the looks of it, it's only me who thinks that way so that's fine. This was just my thought in regard to all kpop mvs, not just TWICE. This was just the most recent article at the time. I guess I should've thought twice (lol) about posting it here.

pablo27 aeviou 26 days ago

As I have mentioned before... a lot of these views are from haters who view them multiple times and dislike... stupid is as stupid does... thanks for the views haters...

parkkkkwp pablo27 26 days ago

and i think reaction videos also help to boost the views, like when the fine bros and some other channel react to got7-just right the views kind of increasing but we ahgase didnt had any plan to stream to increase the views at that time

aeviou pablo27 26 days ago

Again, my main point was that these records are dumb and competing to break them is dumber. I think everyone is focusing too much on what I said about the views. I'm aware that any type of views form any type of person whether it's from a fan, non-fan, or hater, can contribute to it.

sophiesu aeviou 25 days ago

Are they pointless though? Because the Youtube views make money. The more views, the more money. Think about it, at 40 million views right now they have just made back their budget for the music video set

aeviou sophiesu 25 days ago

No not pointless in the business aspect, pointless because of how fans act and how competitive they can get

aeviou sophiesu 25 days ago

If fans are thinking about the revenue they can bring in to the companies because of the increasing views then wow ok I can applaud them on that but I don't think that's the case

sophiesu aeviou 25 days ago

Fans are proud of their groups to be able to break records which proves that their group is getting recognition. That's why people care so much. Although I do agree that people overhype these things

pablo27 parkkkkwp 25 days ago

I think so too... but I think there's a downside... some of those reactors are so funny I watch the reactions multiple times and there's a lot of them...

aeviou sophiesu 25 days ago

Yeah, it's just that every time I look at YouTube it's always about reaching X million views and there are those few fans who get so defensive over some things

sophiesu aeviou 25 days ago

There's overly sensitive people everywhere who gets offended by anything, ignorace will get them before anyone else gets to the,

sophiesu 26 days ago

To the Twice haters who are disliking positive comments and leaving malicious comments. If you really dislike them and think they don't deserve the fame then why are you here helping to contribute to article views as well as putting the article on one of the most discussed list today. So basically, you're hating on Twice but indirectly supporting and advertising for them. That just does not make sense to me.. Ex. Some bieber anti fans years ago bought a bunch of his albums and destroyed it... like this is the definition of stupidity. If you feel like a group doesn't deserve the hype then don't give them attention. I never bother watching mvs or reading articles about groups I don't like because I DO NOT want to contribute views for them

sophiesu 26 days ago

Hence no publicity is bad publicity; haters brings in money too. The amount of dislikes on the TT music video show that they have contributed over 200 dollars to JYP entertainment. (For every 1 million views, the channel receives approx 2000 dollars)

pablo27 sophiesu 26 days ago

Shhh,,, don't make them smart...

parkkkkwp sophiesu 26 days ago

woah didnt know about howw much the views worth, thanks!

okdatn sophiesu 25 days ago

of course people will comment on something they like or dont like. Saying that you dont like something makes you a hater. grow up, be open abour critism if you stan a group

sophiesu okdatn 25 days ago

I completely agree with what you're saying. Just because you see something you don't like does not make you a hater, I have stressed this same point before. And yes, a defensive fan is also a blind fan and supportive fans should absolutely be open to criticism. But I was referring to active antis, and people like Hanalala who is known for commenting on every single Twice article MULTIPLE times. Also to the people who have created extra account just to dislike the Twice music video (aka, one of my friend)

sophiesu okdatn 25 days ago

Don't worry I am not those fans who immediately comes to defense, I was just stressing a point about anti fans. Also I have also made constructive criticism about Twice even though I stan them because I am not blind to their flaws, as everyone has them.

otl