Jung Chae Yeon discusses her mental and physical health in a frank interview

By alice101   28 days ago   65,457   5,371   43
jung-chae-yeon

IOI and DIA's member, Jung Chae Yeon sat down for an interview with Herald POP to talk about the struggles that she had been hiding.

Jung Chae Yeon has been having a busy year -- 'Produce 101', working as IOI and DIA, tvN variety show, and tvN drama, 'Drinking Alone'. It has been taking a toll on her health, and many fans were concerned for this still young singer/actress.

When asked about her physical health, Jung Chae Yeon responded, "I would be lying if I said it hasn't been difficult. Sometimes I would cry alone in the car. Waiting before working is the hardest. Sometimes I get stressed out suddenly. I would actually be more energized when I'm filming and working. I get strength from actor sunbaes as well as the IOI and DIA members. It hurts more when I am doing nothing."

SEE ALSO: Jung Chae Yeon is a pro at eating alone?

Regarding her title, 'Noryangjin Beauty' from the drama, Jung Chae Yeon said, "I am very thankful. After getting voted as visual No.1 in 'Produce 101,' many people think that I am pretty. I accepted the title, but I feel shy about it. I am just very thankful."

The singer actually struggled to lose weight before debut. She commented, "When I was a trainee, I lost weight by not eating and went from 64 kg to 49 kg (~ 141 to 108 lbs). I didn't want to get kicked out of the agency so I wanted to lose more. Even after that, I lost more weight by eating only salad and fruit. But these days, I eat."

And because of her history, fans worry about her health. To their concerns, Jung Chae Yeon responded confidently, "People do not pass out easily. I am healthy because I eat a lot of meat, I think. For a while, I was never sick with the cold."

The singer also revealed her thoughts on hateful comments, saying, "Honestly, I do get hurt by those. I can't not see the negative comments. The ones that speak badly about my parents hurt the most...As I work in this industry, I sometimes feel depressed and sad, but there's more joy. I hope people do not dislike me too much."

When asked what her favorite comment was, she picked, "Thank you for smiling. It will always be okay." She explained, "I suddenly gained a lot of fans this year. I do not want to let them down and continue to show them good things and say thank you. I want to improve my skills and not show them anything bad."

Now all the major promotions and drama are over, Jung Chae Yeon can finally rest and sleep. During the break, what will she be doing? The singer explained, "I want to heal my exhausted mental health. I want to recover my brightness by self-reflection and to concentrate on me. I haven't seen my family for a long time. I want to meet good people and have a good time with them. I will use the little bit of time left in the year and use it for myself in a productive way."

1. Jung Chae Yeon

17caratarohas 27 days ago

stop hating on her she's done alot and she's still veeerrry young if u think about it. this makes me worry about other idols as well....like eunwoo...astro just debut but eunwoo is everywhere modeling, going on variety shows, mcing, they just had a comeback yesterday, and in astro project it was really emotional how it started with eunwoo looking stressed and about to cry alone and over all that he isnt just sad over being stressed and tired he feels guilty for having the most spotlight he is really apologetic and is always asleep during things and jin jin is getting very worried and also feels sorry for making eunwoo go through all this...soo many idols go through these hard situations....it needs to calm or at some point every one wouldve fainted at least once and every one would end up having health problems

Monkeytae 17caratarohas 26 days ago

Eunwoo's aeticles are nowhere to be found

17caratarohas Monkeytae 26 days ago

it was in astro project their reality show

kjclover54 27 days ago

Y'all need to chill and stop being so f......rude . If she thinks , she is then end of story . Other girls also look different including hyuna , hyosung , nana , hyeri but nobody dishes them why not ? you're all good at it . Because she ain't as popular or doesn't have a solo . You should all stop being so superficial and give her a chance.

loh 27 days ago

"People do not pass out easily." Keep thinking with that mentality as a kpop star. Shall i get her the list of all the recent idols who fainted unexplainably? Smh. 😑

17caratarohas loh 27 days ago

wait...but thats possible, it pretty much means if people dont pass out easily how bad mustve it been to make them pass out

Jcy 17caratarohas 27 days ago