General, Pictorials

Bae Doo Na says she felt embarrassed after spacing out at 'Blue Dragon Awards'

By alice101   3 days ago   20,989   691   18
bae-doo-na

Star style magazine 'High Cut' released photos of actress Bae Doo Na on November 30.

In the released photos, Bae Doo Na creates a chic vibe while wearing fur padded jackets. She also shows off her subtle sexiness by donning these jackets on her bare skin.

During the interview that took place at the photo shoot, Bae Doo Na talked about receiving the 'Popularity Award' at the recent 'Blue Dragon Awards.' She said, "I was flustered because I didn't hear my name being called....Thinking back to how spaced out I was on stage...I felt so embarrassed after coming home."

SEE ALSO: Here are the winners of the 37th Blue Dragon Film Awards!

Bae Doo Na explained her reaction by stating, "I didn't expect to get the award because I thought that it was for young, popular actors...I won an award for popularity for the first time in my life, so it's very meaningful to me."

You can see all the photos in the December issue of 'High Cut.'

1. Bae Doo Na
    2. high cut

SusanLiu 3 days ago

lol.... kind of funny

smokeee 3 days ago

I've never been impressed with western korean actors.  they get so hyped for showing a lot less skills than most korea actors,  its not right.

ceecile smokeee 3 days ago

What are you talking about? I hope you are not referencing ther real Bae when you're talking about "western korean" actors.

smokeee ceecile 3 days ago

im talking about the korean girl from Avengers, girl from BSG, and this girl who was etremely overrated in the train movie. honestly the only good outside of korea korean actor is the guy from Walking Dead. korea only actors are way better.

ceecile smokeee 3 days ago

This girl was born and raised in Korea. She has a big Korean filmography and is a great actress. Also you sound kind of racist tbh.

MargtEsperanza smokeee 2 days ago

She is a korean actress, if you dont know her you probably havent watched enough korean movies and dramas, she's so great that she fit in both styles, the american movie stile (more showy) and the korean stile (more feelly), you just watch advengers and a couple more taquilla movies and you think you are a so knowing all

xSeulgibear 3 days ago

congrats Doo Na! I hope her popularity in Korea grows in the future, they need to stop sleeping on her talent

k_kid xSeulgibear 3 days ago

She's already popular in Korea. She's considered an A-list celebrity.

xSeulgibear k_kid 3 days ago

really? I got the impression she wasn't really popular in Korea but more internationally

Tantara xSeulgibear 3 days ago

Movie stars don't show up on mass media so often like Drama actors and actresses, but they are super popular...

xSeulgibear Tantara 3 days ago

oh well that's good

k_kid xSeulgibear 3 days ago

Yeah, she's really popular in Korea. The movie 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' got her really popular and then the movie 'The Host' pretty much made her an A-List celebrity. The Wachowskis saw her in 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' and 'The Host' and casted her in 'Cloud Atlas'. It's like Won Bin, you don't really hear about him nor does he come out in movies every single year like most do, but yet he's in the top 5 most popular actor in Korea.

ceecile k_kid 3 days ago

Won Bin is pretty much considered a CF actor now. People still love him because he is gorgeous but he's lost a lot of credibility because his last project was ages ago.

k_kid ceecile 3 days ago

Well, he does do a lot of CF's because there's a lot of money that comes with that. But Jang Dong Gun and Won Bin are always considered to be one of the top actors of Korea. Of course, that's a different story for non-Koreans, since they like Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun and such. But in Korea, those two are pretty much on the top.

ceecile k_kid 3 days ago

But Jang Dong Gun still acts. Obviously Won Bin will always be A-list, but the fact is that he hasnt acted since The Man from Nowhere which was like 6 year ago. Korean will always love because he is Won Bin, but he has lost credibility as someone who considers himself a serious actor. There's usually a good amount of comments about how now he's just a CF actor and shouldn't be called a movie star anymore. A lot of Koreans feel that way. It's just that it doesnt usually get translated.

k_kid ceecile 3 days ago

I don't know, for me, the number of movies you do doesn't make you a serious actor. It's like Daniel Day-Lewis. He doesn't come every year with movies and the last movie he made was in 2012 with 'Lincoln.' Won Bin is known for being very picky with his roles and at the same time, he has a child now. So I guess he wants to be a father before anything as well.

Tantara k_kid 2 days ago

I agree... I don't think he's not serious with acting... maybe there maybe many factors which prevent him from going back to the big screen.

ceecile k_kid 9 hours ago

I agree, except you don't see Daniel Day Lewis doing commercials. Making CFs is a big part of being a Korean celeb, but when that's all you do anymore that's when people start to comment.

otl