Create your K-Pop Dream Team!

Create your K-Pop Dream Team and see how they rank in the allkpop Fantasy League!

Create!

Variety

'Roommate' PD reveals the cast members will be able to show more chemistry starting from episode 2

May 5, 2014 @ 12:31 am
by jennywill
  • 22
  • 0
  • 64
  • 28038
  • 4837
PD Park Sang Hyuk of 'Roommate' revealed the members would have more chemistry starting from episode 2!

He told OSEN, "In the 1st episode, the show showed the awkward process of introducing the cast and having them get to know each other. Their actual chemistry will show up starting from episode 2."

SEE ALSO: 2NE1's 'I Am the Best' reaches 100 million views on YouTube!

He added, "There are various characters in the program, but their common point is that they're all likable. Starting from the 2nd episode, we'll be able to show their charms more in detail. It'll be an observational variety, like a sitcom."

Did you like the first episode?
DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 68 comments

Sort by:

GahoBreaker
· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 4:20 am

my opinion from 1st Episode:

For the men, I found Chan yeol and Dong wook are really nice guys. Both look honest and simple with good manners. The older man with beard (sorry can't remember his name) is taking care of the whole casts, that part really touch my heart.

For the girls, Bom, as always, be my favorite out of all the members. She and Soo Hyun knock the door before come into the room, and even Dong wook offers help to carry her stuff, she said manager can take care of. Bom doesn't have that fake image like Nana, who thinks everyone should give her some sort of preferential treatments. I won't like girl who used aegyo(acting cute) or her beauty(Nana is pretty and she knows it, i won't deny) to get special attention/treatment.

Lee soo ra, she's too selfish and arrogant. Seong Ga Yeon, should I say she's too innocent or dumb? After she broke that table, she didn't even pick up the balls on the ground and just walk into room and call her friends. Looks like her career really had turned her into a 'man' with no manner.

judyi
· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 12:16 pm
Seong ga yeon actually tried to pick it up but she couldn't understand how it worked. More like she was flustered so she just let it go. I understand because I've done this and I was so confused on how to put it together

junhue
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:36 pm

I really hope this doesn't turn into a second "The Romantic and Idol" where all the cast members turn this into a love contest and start crazy love triangles amongst each other. I hate that so much. Honestly, the first episode felt like it was heading in that direction with Hong Soo Hyun and Nana both naming Seo Kang Jun as their ideal type, and Park Min Woo showing bits of jealousy to the Soo Hyun/Kang Jun interaction.

I JUST WANT IT TO BE A FUNNY SHOW WHERE EVERYONE IS FUNNY AND HAPPY. Please no stupid love drama. That shit isn't fun to watch. It's boring and dumb af. If I wanted to see something like that I would just watch The Bachelor.

babyblackjack
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:24 pm

Let's just hope it doesn't SEEM forced :/

musicallday
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

kaocheeese
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 2:39 pm
I can't find the show. Anyone know where I can watch it?? Including eng subs? Please and thank you!
mtonks
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 3:02 pm
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/sbs-roommate-airs-its-first-episode-starring-your-favorite-idols-and-celebrities No eng subs though :/
exoticrazy
· Posted May 7, 2014 @ 4:58 pm
http://welovebom*com/2014/05/07/roommate-episode-1-with-english-subtitles/ replace * with . (dot)

donghaesha8692
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 2:32 pm

I hope this show will be showing family ties than other bonds. If there must be a love line between them, the staff don't have to bother to show it because I think the fans would be better at it ('determining' the love line)

c2J
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 1:59 pm

I wish they can keep it under a family-like atmosphere instead of forcing love lines.

goddesssuzy
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 11:38 am

The first episode is not boring i already watched it livestream it actually really funny especially the fat guy (i don't know his name but my friend told me that he's in My love from another star)

ggbae
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 11:37 am

Are they really gonna broadcast this only once a week????!!!  How are they going to compress everything. Episode 1 basically happened only in 1 day. Aren't they supposed to broadcast this at least twice a week?

ajmoh
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 10:53 am
I can't find the first ep with eng sub!!!
showsomedignaty
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 1:57 pm
People can't sub it that fast it just came out. Give it a couple days
exoticrazy
· Posted May 7, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

sashariella
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 10:06 am

Bommie and lee dongwook

judyi
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 10:04 am

Bommie, lee dong wook, and chenyeol seemed really nice also the two other guys the actor and singer(I think) the older guy with a beard seems really kind. The MMA fighter chick is really cool. I like all these people as they seem kind, and with good personalities.

But I found Nana a narcissist when she sent her stuff in before she got there. That meant other people had to unload her belongings. Lee Sora personality was also a turn off, she also made people carry her stuff but she didn't help. Then the actress was all over that one guy and wouldn't leave him alone how annoying.

The comedian does nothing for the show.

I hope the second episode is better

junsukiyoo
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 10:54 am
Yeah i found the boys are seems much more better than the girls, except Bom Seong Ga Yeon and Nana's roommate. But who knows, since its variety show, most of them are probably scripted. :)

jenny_recinos
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:58 am

i can't wait to see bommie and channie <3

panda23
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:57 am

I just want to see BOM <3

panda23
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:56 am

Sólo quiero ver la lista de materiales <3

one_n_only_yg
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:45 am

People say first episode was kinda boring..... well I guess My Bommie dint arrive early enough to make it entertaining haha xD

;D

gjjang
· Posted May 8, 2014 @ 1:36 am
yea, she came in the house around 2AM(?) so she didn't get much air time. i wanted to see more of her!

Megan Kim
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:09 am
Do you have a link of this first episode in english sub?
exoticrazy
· Posted May 7, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
exoticrazy
· Posted May 7, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
exoticrazy
· Posted May 7, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

zoddguts
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 8:01 am

I've heard the first ep was little boring.

nawsuzy
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 7:56 am

I like song ga young and chanyeol so much in this show

kpopfreak100
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 7:26 am

i dont get why people hate this show. i enjoyed the first episode

one_n_only_yg
· Posted May 5, 2014 @ 9:43 am
Lol who hates this show? I liked the first ep except for the face that the 1 who I watched the program for ended up comming at freakin 3am