Shinhwa's Dongwan leaves Liveworks Company and to go abroad to Canada for the time being

April 2, 2014 @ 7:30 am
by starsung
  • 8
  • 0
  • 42
  • 24127
  • 1149
It has been revealed that after leaving his agency of three years, Shinhwa's Dongwan will go abroad to Canada to study English for the time being.

SEE ALSO: [Album and MV Review] Girl's Day - 'Everyday 4'

Liveworks Company stated on April 2, "As his contract expiration drew near, Dongwan and Liveworks Company discussed it for a long time. We made this decision for each other's growth and will support each other's future."

"Although his contract as an artist under the agency has come to an end, Liveworks Company will continue to support Dongwan's individual and group activities with Shinhwa."

Dongwan will stay in Canada for the time being before he returns to his activities with Shinhwa through an advertisement shoot in July and prepare for Shinhwa's upcoming 12th album.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 42 comments

Sort by:

lalalalove21
· Posted April 3, 2014 @ 6:53 pm

Ohhh he'll be in my country ^^

kdrakent
· Posted April 3, 2014 @ 6:54 am
Hmmm....must be girlfriend related! That's the very first thing that came in mind....^.*..

xzy89
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 10:03 pm
Toronto?

BCSN24
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 9:16 pm

Interesting.

xinybear
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 8:58 pm

Coming to Canada. Thanks for finally noticing us TT.TT

puffymimi
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 6:00 pm

TORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTOTORONTO

shinkansen626
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

I wouldn't mind if there's a Dongwan solo concert or fan meeting after teen top's concert in Toronto :D

shawolbestfriend
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

Wow! Canada! I'm so shocked, I didn't think people knew about us. (I'm just kidding) I hope he comes to visit Montreal!

ithry18
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 7:23 pm
You wish.... lol I wish too... Personne ne vient jamais à Montréal... :(
shawolbestfriend
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 10:09 pm
@ithry18 Je sais. The closest is like Toronto or New York, but even that is like hours away.

yumekame
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 2:38 pm
OMG. Toronto please ;D

zipZAPP
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 12:56 pm

That's such a short time to learn English. Usually agencies will say "to learn English" to cover up some kind of rumors that might rise. Dongwan, you're dating aren't you? T.T. lol. I think fellow Canadian kpop lovers are so lucky. In my opinion, Dongwan is the nicest one of the group.

ibleedorange
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 2:36 pm
He's actually been learning English for many years. He took classes during his army days too. But the only way to get really good at a language is to go to a country where you will be forced to speak it all the time. That's why he's going to Canada.

shnyarrrr
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 11:59 am
So he is still under shinhwa company?
otoy86
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 12:13 pm
of course, Shinhwa company estabished for one reason: to manage shinhwa activity as group, not individual.. each member has their own agency..
mihn
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 12:35 pm
Shinhwa and the separate members as soloists are different artists. Most of them are in the companies they're in now because they allowed the members to promote as soloists under their company and as a group under another at the same time :)

iheartkpop!
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 11:27 am

They've finally put canada in their map. LOL, to the koreans, it seems canada is non existence when it comes to world tour or place to visit. We Canadians welcome you to poutine, polar bears and igloos, however he's lucky that he won't have to experience the brutal canadian winter since mother nature has finally decide to end winter (hopefully).

Hyungshi
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 10:51 am

Montreal Toronto or Vancouver ?!?

ricelover23
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 12:25 pm
well he's going to go learn English, so most likely to be Toronto or Vancouver. But I'm pretty sure he will be visiting Montreal (I hope he does) to get a taste of the French-Canadian culture :)

damyoungji
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 10:13 am

YAY! I'm going to be walking under the same sky as OPPA! - Yes, I know there is only one sky, but I am just imitating how Canadian fans of him must be thinking :) I am sure that he is either going to be studying in Vancouver or here in Toronto. Shame that all my international friends from Korea are no longer here though. If he came here to study, they could possibly be studying at the same school!

bebemui
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 10:00 am

omg where in Canada i wonder?!

bigsuper501
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 9:41 am
That's actually really cool! Maybe cuz I'm Canadian haha. He's probably gonna go to Toronto or Vancouver though. Wish him luck and can't wait for their comeback

arson
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 9:38 am

Shinhwa Chanjo's will be waiting

sweetestsin
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 9:11 am

From this pic, I can only admire Dongwan from the chest up. LOL The odd angle where his hands are is freaky.

jongwoo