Variety

INFINITE's Hoya bonds with Kang Ho Dong as reveals his actual birth name, Lee Ho Dong

March 10, 2014 @ 10:47 pm
by starsung
  • 22
  • 0
  • 18
  • 29708
  • 3576
INFINITE's Hoya revealed his real name to be Lee Ho Dong, much to the pleasant surprise of Kang Ho Dong on 'Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education'!

SEE ALSO: INFINITE drop dance practice video for 'Last Romeo'

The show's rep stated on the 11th, "Hoya will reveal his birth name for the first time through today's broadcast. His birth name Lee Ho Dong brought Kang Ho Dong to laughter, raising interest."

Although most fans know Hoya's real name to be Lee Ho Won, Hoya revealed that's not the name he was given at birth.

Kang Ho Dong pointed out to Hoya, "Our names Hoya-Ho Dong are similar", to which Hoya confessed, "To be honest, my birth name is not Lee Ho Won... Although it is known that [my birth name] is Lee Ho Won, to be honest, I changed my name to that. My original name is Lee Ho Dong... I changed my name because of Kang Ho Dong hyung nim." Kang Ho Dong seemed disappointed yet also found it hilarious that Hoya changed his name because of him, replying, "I am both happy and sad."

Stay tuned for the hilarious story behind his name change on the upcoming episode today at 11:20 PM KST!

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 17 comments

Sort by:

liannangel2004
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 9:24 pm

Hoya has a great smile!

musicallday
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 8:16 pm

hyoshi
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 9:25 am

Hoya, Howon, Hodong, Yadong! Whatever..I'm just gonna continue calling him sexy piece of Korean meat!

ashassan
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 7:09 am

I really don't care which is his real birth name , what i know he born to be awesome machine dancer ;D

yasmin96
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 4:26 am

So, all this time he lied to us? Hahahhaah, is he joking or what?

/confused/

indigoelf
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 2:26 am

With it being Hoya we may never know the truth. It could be that he really was born Ho Dong instead of Ho Won, but unless they release his birth certificate we will never be sure. He could have been joking, because that is a total Hoya thing to do. He also could be telling the truth because it is fairly common for Korean celebrities (all celebs really) to change their name before debut. Inspirits now have a "Hoya Paradox" if you will.

hoyuki
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 11:11 pm

I really don't know if he is joking sometimes...it seems like it though

poopy6910
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

KIM MYUNGSOO AND PARK MYUNGSOO

AND NOW

LEE HO DONG AND KANG HO DONG

INFINITE WAS A MATCH MADE IN HAVEN

inspiritlover321
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 11:39 pm
My thoughts exactly lol.
myungsoo101
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 2:48 am
there is another it is jang dongwoo and actor lee dongwoo
kpopfangirl99
· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 4:25 pm
There's also Lee Sungjong and SPEED's Taeha[Oh Sungjong] :D

Black_wind
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

not sure if joking or........

xx-cy
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 10:58 pm

Oh really??....now i finally know his REAL birthname!!
Lee Ho Dong is a good name too....he dont hv to hide it and change it to Lee Ho Won...haha

mrs-kimsunggyu
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 10:57 pm

I learned something new today xD

mariakittyface
· Posted March 10, 2014 @ 10:55 pm

Wow. Seriously??? He changed his name? Waaahhh. I like Lee Ho Won though..

mellie-luvs-kpop
· Posted March 11, 2014 @ 12:48 am
No, Lee Hodong was his real name given at birth then he changed his name to Lee Howon. ...I think he's joking... Can't really tell.. Lol Hoya is a jokester XDDD

bigbangvip