Variety

G-Dragon talks about Jung Hyung Don, Yang Hyun Suk, and Big Bang on 'Entertainment Relay'

January 25, 2014 @ 1:33 pm
by starsung
  • 43
  • 0
  • 58
  • 56307
  • 491

G-Dragon opened up about his bromance with Jung Hyung Don, Yang Hyun Suk's surprising singing ability, and chose which Big Bang member who could be the next possible leader of the group.

SEE ALSO: G-Dragon takes on the 'genderless' fashion trend for 'ELLE'

The January 25 installment of 'Entertainment Relay' met up with G-Dragon on the set of his photo shoot for 'J.Estina' and asked, "How does it feel to be the model for a women's brand?", to which G-Dragon showed that he not only has fashion sense but also a sense of humor as he joked, "I will work harder and become the model for a children's brand."

When asked, "You recently received the best couple award with Jung Hyung Don. How do you feel?" G-Dragon shared, "It doesn't feel good. It gave me an identity crisis." The reporter spoke on behalf of the fans who ship them and asked, "Do you have any plans to have a featuring with Jung Hyung Don?" G-Dragon replied, "With Hyung Don hyung? Nope."

The reporter added, "Yang Hyun Suk has become a trending phrase these days." The reporter then imitated Yang Hyun Suk, saying in his signature tone of voice, "Do You think I will say something good or do you think I'll say something bad?" G-Dragon shared, "He never said that to me. He only says bad words." The reporter also shared, "I heard that Yang Hyun Suk also sings well." G-Dragon shared, "Although I listened to my CEO's solo album in the past... Rather than saying he sings well, his voice tone is the same."

In response to the question, "If you were to pick the next leader of Big Bang?", G-Dragon answered, "Seungri... Because he wants to do it... At first, my CEO just told me to be the leader so I kept being the leader. During my rookie days, I was very picky and would point things out to the members. I was like that. The members must have been very tired of me. But as we age one-by-one together and become like a real family, we learn to share and try to converse with each other well so it's not like that at all now."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 60 comments

Sort by:

licia17_nisperos
· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 6:40 am

yeolielove
· Posted January 27, 2014 @ 1:37 am

LOL GD DON'T LIE WE ALL KNOW YOU LOVE BOSSING THE OTEHR MEMBERS AROUND.

Haha, but no, seriously, he is one of THE BEST KPOP leaders I have ever seen.

TiffyJellyDrink
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

<3 LOL IF SEUNGRI becomes the leader///omg id die XD

_fl0w_
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 12:37 pm

Aw it's kinda sad that he and Hyungdon were just in a contract but I hope they do get back together in another program. I thought their bromance was the best thing ever! And Seungri as the leader?! I can kinda see it. He is a hard worker but I wonder what kind of image BIGBANG would have. lol

leadja2pmforever
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 4:47 am

I can just imagine the rest of the members reaction if Seungri's becomes the leader HAHAHA

ygbiased
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 5:47 pm
The Hyung Don thing was sad ;A;

kay2bee
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 3:19 am

Now  want to see the whole episode!!! :)

Yes, I followed the making of Big bang documentary from that time and GD was a real scary and strict mentor but one can see that he took the reign of everything from coaching about Choreography to the singing practise and writing their own songs...  remember TOP even though he was older, he respected GD and was very wary of him. The best student was DaeSung and TaeYang who followed to the book and hardly got scolded. TOP, SeungRi and HyunSeung was mostly on the receiving end with TOP for his missing beats in Choreography. It's been a long time... they look comfortable with each other now...

GD can do anything! I mean it. He is the only guy who looks great in RED lipstick!!! I am actually surprised. He can pull off anything. Gay or not, I'll always support him as an artist.

bigbanglove01
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 3:07 am

Lmao, "next I''ll work hard to become a children's brand's model" xD

taemintelement
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 2:15 am

"because he wants to"

hell yeah he wants to bully his hyungs HAHA

gracky96
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 12:47 am

hahaha gotta love GD

kawaii_taeckhun
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 12:09 am

Gosh!! G.D. Oppa! Is too cute to put into words lol♥(//∇//)

ieatmemuffin
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 11:34 pm

Seungri to become BIGBANG's new leader just because he wants to. Lol. I wonder if the members would even want to listen to him. Hahaha!

amheizing
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

"I will work harder and become the model for a children's brand."

"It doesn't feel good. It gave me an identity crisis."

a7lah
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 8:53 pm

"I will work harder and become the model for a children's brand." ^^ LOL

nguyenvip
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 8:22 pm

Yea, when I first heard of bigbang, I thought Taeyang was the leader for a while, then I watched their documentary and found out it was GD!

tranttlinh
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 7:33 pm

It's okay for Bigbang as long as TOP is not the leader. He's oldest in age but maknae in soul

2pmhottesttt
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 7:31 pm

HAHAHA it was indeed a contract relationship between himself and Hyungdon. Whether it has really ended or not, we must admit that we had a great time from this couple entertaining us right?^^

LOL model for children's brand...that would be interesting. Imagine GD wearing children's clothes lol

I wouldn't mind Seungri being the leader, altho GD have taken his role very well as being the leader:) but seriously, GD IS ONE OF A KIND LEADAH!

sone_cassie
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 5:40 pm
yay for seungri as bb's leader XD

kungfu_kpop25
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 5:40 pm

Lmao I love how blunt he is <3

gorjessvip
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 5:25 pm

At very first when i start to know bigbang i thought taeyang is leader...for a long tymㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

newway115
· Posted January 26, 2014 @ 9:33 pm
Yes same here :D

kpopper_4life
· Posted January 25, 2014 @ 4:22 pm

I need a Big Bang comeback soon!!!! It's been so long!!!