Concerts / Events

by hyojinee
  • 0
  • 0
  • 114
  • 14026
  • 83
The final lineup for the '2013 One Hip Hop Festival' has been revealed. Underground hip hop legend Garion as well as M.I.B have been added to the list.

Other artists recently added include Bon Kim, and Block B's leader Zico with Ugly Duck.

This is the most large-scale hip hop festival in Korea featuring artists like Verbal Jint, Beenzino, Jay Park, Bumkey, Baechigi, Dok2, San E, and more. Even rappers Tyga and Nelly will be performing as well.

CJ E&M, who is in sponsoring the event, said, "This is the largest hip hop festival in Korea. We took the fact that the fans are in a wide age range into consideration to show true and real hip hop through the lineup performers. From Nelly and Tyga to talented underground Korean artists and even idols, the lineup will successfully express the genre of hip hop."

The festival will take place on September 7 at the Ilsan's Kintex Hall 8. You can purchase tickets here!

SEE ALSO: M.I.B's Kangnam to join 'I Live Alone' lineup

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 114 comments

Sort by:

juzwannalol
· Posted January 20, 2014 @ 5:45 pm

Jay and 1lli are there i'm satisfied

jthepoopyhead
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

Yayyy Zico :D

gretaals
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

what about my love Zion.T?

amheizing
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 10:50 am

ZICO

MostEpik
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

A lot of people mentioning kpop groups. please no.
Most of these rappers are underground hiphop, music that you don't find on the (korean) radio. Although there are some idols because they're known for their presence in the underground hiphop scene. Zico has my respect as an idol as a rapper because he's a great rapper that came from the underground. There are a few female idols that have my respect too such as Miryo ,Elly, Zinger. Elly and Miryo both came from underground, but zinger didnt. Although Zinger has that underground feel to her, the way she raps.
I don't think any of the females i mentioned are going though.

chugly
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 7:47 am
When people mention B.A.P, they're talking about Yongguk (Well, I hope, there's no reason for any of the other members to be there), who did come from the underground. :)

maggieay
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

HOLYY SHIT. MY BODY IS NOT READY.

jubi
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

Ah~ Zico <3

I miss Block B <3

babyblackjack
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

Omfg. I can't wait to see Zico perform. I missed him and Block B :(

imaninja_
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

That's what i call an awesome hip-hop festival! I love them all but Beenzino is SICKKK! One of my top favorite korean hip-hop artist. Man, i hope Jazzyfact will do a comeback someday.. Can't get enough of korean underground music wayyyy better than idols group (even though i enjoy them too lol)

mihn
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

Loving the line up.

Side note: Really? Really?? You guys are gonna bring up names like "B.A.P" and "G-Dragon"?? Have you looked at the line up? MIB, Baechigi, Dok2, Beenzino, Soul Dive, Verbal Jint, P-Type, Swings are all attending. I fail to see how BAP and GD fit in at all. Not saying they're not talented, but the concert is obviously directed towards a more hip hop feel vs. the kpop that most people here seem to be familiar/comfortable with. At least people like Zico and Jay Park still actively interact/work with underground artists and drop mixtapes on the side when they're not do their mainstream music that's more pop.

There are lots of other names besides Dynamic Duo, Drunken Tiger, Tasha, MIB in the hip hop world. They're just the ones that are more popular or have gone mainstream to let people know that Korean Hip Hop's not dead yet (and they're doing a fantastic job of it in my opinion). There's so much more to it when you actually start searching for the ones that don't promote on music programs. :)

chugly
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 7:42 am
They're probably bringing up B.A.P because Yongguk, like Zico, was an underground rapper. He even released a few singles and his name was Black Jeppman and he has a few singles on YT with the group he worked with (as well as them all dancing to Gee). I think he originally never intended to become an idol, but decided to later on. I guess people see Zico and think, "Why not Yongguk?" :)
mihn
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 2:32 pm
@chugly lol. I'm well aware of Yongguk's works before BAP in Soul Connection, as I listened to Soul Connection before he ever joined. haha. But what I'm saying is that he's made the FULL conversion into the idol world. He doesn't do any mixtapes on the side. He doesn't drop any songs w/ other hip hop artists. As far as I'm concerned, he's fully idol now. Zico's been releasing underground since before his debut and continued to do so even after Block B debuted. He's still in tune w/ his underground side. Same with Jay Park. Again, I'm not trying to degrade Yongguk in anyway, but he just doesn't belong here. :)

deeznuts
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 11:56 am

I wish Mirae, Tiger JK, TOP, & Yongguk would have went too.

qwerty321
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 10:17 am

i wish Simon D and Zion T was going :/

Dok2 <3
Zico <3
Uglyduck <3
M.I.B <3

brohoho
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 1:41 am
probably simon d and dy duo are not going bcoz of the san e
brohoho
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 1:49 am
@brohoho i am sorry i mixed uo e sense with san e

exonoonaloveyay
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 10:13 am

You delulu babyz should stop asking where's BAP. This is a real hop hop festival! BAP are FAKES. Zico is in because he's not fake.

jthepoopyhead
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 7:38 pm
Yongguk is awesome at what he does. He is the only that would fit though.

atlkpopfan
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 10:03 am

Why are there no female rappers on the list?  They could have at least invited Yoo Mirae (and Tiger JK of course).  Also, the girl from YG who everyone says inspired CL's current style (Don't know her name but I've heard a rap once or twice).

loroyal
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 11:42 am
Lexy?
atlkpopfan
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 12:18 pm
@loroyal Yes! lol thanks, I couldn't remember her name. However the she seemed legit when I saw her videos.
dutchpay
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 5:57 am
@atlkpopfan Ley is a big flop nowadays. You have to see her on Show Me The Money 2. Embarrassing!
dutchpay
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 5:58 am
*Lexy (typo)
atlkpopfan
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 11:16 am
@dutchpay Really? Is she a flop because she's bad or because she's not popular enough to get votes?
dutchpay
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 8:35 pm
@atlkpopfan SHE IS REALLY BAD!! http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/07/tv-spoilers-show-me-money-2.html

zicodoswife
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 9:51 am

As long as my hubby Zico is on that list I couldnt care less about the others. ^^

gurlsNbois
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 9:33 am

lineup looks good but i was hoping to also see dynamic duo or  tiger jk and the wifey tasha, or simon d also what about epik high? well they did have the "...and more" so they might be there but im not seeing the names so im just assuming. btw im not bothered by the lack of idol rappers bcoz it'll just turn into a whole kpop festival and thats not what its about. ahh cant forget the LeeSsang!

vivi6789
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 8:37 am

If u guys are saying "what about, bang yong guk,cl,top zelo, gd ?" Might as well add the whole kpop rapping world, taecyeon, jia, zinger, chanyeol, hyuna, sooyoung, yuri,yoona, hyoyeon(I got a boy rap) ect..... it will turn into a kpop fest and its a raw hip hop thing with no pop affiliation

jack_yamap
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 3:36 pm
amen to this !!

nikynik345
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 8:31 am

*cries a little bit* I wish Zion.T would be there too and Jerry.K. BUT I'm loving the line up. Although will Bumkey be performing his new song with out Dynamic Duo... I wish they were there. Also love me some Jay Park, Verbal Jint and Dok2 so this is going to be a great festival. I just hope the videos of the performances make their way to youtube!

YuYanGz
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 6:56 am

that awkward moment when B.A.P, Untouchable, LeeSsang, Dynamic Duo, Supreme Team, Tiger JK are not in the list...maybe they are not free for this event..:)

elvisqueenxx
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 7:11 am
I would of though EXID's L.E would of been in this, and the other people in that awesome rap song they did :o
euphoriaX1993
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 10:57 am
BAP is NOT hip hop. BYG may have been an underground rapper but his group is not hip hop. All the other artists that you mentioned are all mainstream artists. The artists on this list are rappers who stayed underground minus jay park and mib.
lovelyafury_
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 12:17 pm
@euphoriaX1993 excuse me.. pls check bap wiki.. fyi, bap include in top 10 charts for hip hop itunes worldwide.
euphoriaX1993
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 2:24 pm
@lovelyafury- just cause iTunes categorizes BAP ep as hip hop does not make it hip hop. Half those albums on the iTunes Charts aren't even really hip hop anyway either
lovelyafury_
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 10:06 pm
@euphoriaX1993 you are wrong. Even u said bap is not hip hop.. look the hip hop can be in diff style.
jthepoopyhead
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 7:41 pm
@lovelyafury- lol BAP isn't hip hop. They're pop, hence being in k-POP.
lovelyafury_
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 12:17 am
@jthepoopyhead no byg would present as it.. .like zico does
lovelyafury_
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 12:28 am
@jthepoopyhead bap do hip hop n many genres too. They debut with warrior. Form as six member hiphop on Wiki bap.

ssmm
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 6:56 am

Have you guys actually read the lineup? I don't understand why do you keep mentioning idols. This is a hip-hop festival, not kpop. Because they're rappers in their respective groups doesn't mean they belong to the hip-hop scene in Korea.

nikynik345