Variety

Super Junior's Kangin reveals how he lost 33 lbs in a month and the side effects from his diet

August 21, 2013 @ 8:10 am
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 93
  • 62407
  • 829
Super Junior's Kangin revealed he lost 15 kg (~33 lbs.) in 27 days!

During the press conference for 'Star Diving Show Splash', Kangin shared, "I went on a diet for 27 days and lost 15 kg (~33 lbs.)."

He explained how he ended up losing so much weight so fast. "I ate small portions. I didn't put any carbohydrates near my mouth and didn't intake much water. When I was hungry, I ate one strawberry. I did a lot of aerobic exercise on an empty stomach before I went to sleep. As I practiced diving, I think I lost even more weight."

Kangin also revealed the reason for his intense diet, "I wanted to get my weight down. I have to perform at the Gayo Daejun festivals at the end of the year, and I wanted to come out looking good. But since I went on a harsh diet, I developed a stomach disorder. I aged faster, and I got more distracted. I think my blood pressure went up, and I became very sensitive too. I also suffered from dry eye syndrome. Since there are a lot of adverse effects, I wouldn't want to recommend my diet to anyone."

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'You're Surrounded' - Final (Episodes 10-20)

He definitely went through a lot. Do you think the results were worth it?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 93 comments

Sort by:

elado5
· Posted April 30, 2014 @ 6:17 pm

People are saying '' Great job ''? Seriously? This is the worst kind of diet, he lost a lot of muscle mass and not only fat because he barely ate anything and kept burning calories for a month, that's how people become both skinny and fat at the same time, good thing he stopped this kind of diet.

clgo
· Posted August 29, 2013 @ 10:56 pm

great job! but dont hurt yourself :( i hope shindong diets to. he will be handsome when lose weight

shineefxthebest
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

No,then don't diet if so many side effects!

kyuxiusoo
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

I hope he doesn't get any eating disorders.... But great job Oppa!!

samsumu
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 10:59 am

my poor baby, you have to drink water! since weight is so important for idols you would think the company to hire a nutritionist to help them diet safely. please stay healthy Kangin and all the SuJu babies

vipbjelfsone86
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 7:56 am

Kangin, Oppa, love you but that wasn't smart. Healthy and unhealthy people can tell you that's a dangerous way to diet. You also stayed away from one of the best things for your body, water. I hope the next time you diet you balance a healthy meal with the proper amount of work outs AND water. Water is like a miracle gift. Use it.

forever13pureelf
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 7:15 am

You've done well, Kangin ah. :)

sergeant-im
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 3:09 am

the problem with his diet is that he's so dehydrated.

dehydration will weaken organs and make red blood cells thinner. not good.

frequent dehydration could also cause kidney stones.

skyares63
· Posted August 22, 2013 @ 2:46 am

hwaiting kangin oppa on your first fixed variety show after returning from the army! please take care of your health and you are fine just the way you are! <3

ac9524
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

Props to him for saying the bad effects!

suju-exo
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 11:32 pm

I'm glad that Kangin is admitting it. But please, no more dangerous diets like this.  It scares me that I'm crying. It's not good for the body and the side and after effects are bad too. Just exercise more, practice dancing, and watch the food he's eating. I don't care if you're pretty, handsome, or not. You'll forever be the Kangin oppa that I love, the hyung/appa that SuJu love. The  Kangin that elf's love.

mel
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

that sounds like a very very bad diet...well at least he is sharing the horrible affects.

genesisolivia94
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 10:41 pm

i hope he just becomes healthy

he still looks good even if hes not the skinniest guy in the world

flashflair
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 9:56 pm

I don't know if the make-up or lighting is bad, but that yellowish tinge makes it look like he's got problems with his liver too. Not enough water will break down the liver as well.

taira
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

That's not a diet, that's anorexia athletica and though he lost the weight, if he plans on stopping this horrible "diet" then he's probs going to gain a lot of it back. I hope he tries to eat healthily and if he diets again, that he does it right. I'm just glad he's speaking against what he did and admitting, that it's not something others should do.

crazygirl25
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

I Hope he is okay now :D

Celestine
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

He's probably gonna gain it back anyway. Those crash diets always result in that because once you get your body set on that type of lifestyle to lose that weight, to maintain it you're probably gonna have to keep that up.

Anna34
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

That doesn't sound good at all...? And why one strawberry, he could eat vegetables at least =P.

b2thei2thegbangb
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

Its because he did it wrong... You must drink lots of water, water is weight but not fat. It also helps you to feel full, good for losing weight. You also shouldn't exercise before sleep, good sleep helps keep your body healthy. Its better to gradually eat healthier and less rather than a sudden change. You might be trying to look good oppa but actually being good is more important.

yinyueify
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

i don't see why he'd drink less water? i hope he'll be okay.