Sunmi reveals what it meant for her to drop out of Wonder Girls

August 19, 2013 @ 12:48 am
by sallice10
  • 0
  • 0
  • 187
  • 66099
  • 340

Sunmi revealed her honest thoughts about her long three years and seven months of a wait after dropping out of Wonder Girls.

During a recent interview, Sunmi shared, "Being a singer is a road I chose. Since it was something I chose, it wasn't something that I could easily give up on just because it was hard. However, three years and seven months was not a short time for me, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't regret about my path during that time."

She continued to reveal, "However, I wasn't going to quit being a singer after just 1~2 years and I had drawn a picture of my future so I couldn't give up on it easily. It was difficult at first, but now looking back, I think it was a time that I needed. I think I matured a lot as a result."

"I lived a very busy life when I joined Wonder Girls. Korea and even America... Even though it was something I started because I really liked it, I had a hard time seeing myself turn robotic as time passed. I think it was hard to see myself going on stage soulless at my young age. I was very confused. Although I thought to myself that I can't be doing this already, my body and mind didn't follow my thoughts. Since then, I thought I needed some time to look at myself."

Sunmi also added, "But I realized how much I had when I became alone. I was very envious of seeing Wonder Girls members working and I had a passion brewing up inside me. It was a time that made me realize how much I loved performing and how precious it was."

Meanwhile, Sunmi will making her long awaited comeback on August 20th with her title track, "24 Hours."

SEE ALSO: [Album Review] MBLAQ - 'Winter'

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 186 comments

Sort by:

meisbaby2
· Posted August 29, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

i am happy that she is coming back with this solo album but what makes me sad is that she can't come back with wonder girls i mean sun is married and wont be back but with sunmi there can still be five

dyllan_park
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 10:31 am

you did a great job anyway Sunmi, *thumbs up* I'm still looking for your comeback...

cnyyjae
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 11:56 pm

She answered it very well ! I'm looking forward to her combeack :)

cnyyjae
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 11:57 pm
comeback*

jaywon
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 11:54 pm

when is her mv coming out?

· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 6:39 pm

I think she was very weak at the time, though understandably weak. I'm just glad that it seems she got support she needed back then and seems to be getting it now from WG and her company. Hopefully, she's stronger now.

wgfan21
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 6:36 pm

The fact that the article said "drop out of Wonder Girls" makes me not want to read it. Sunmi didn't "drop" out. She went on hiatus. In other words went on break.

cuteasianbubbles
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

She didn't "drop" out of Wonder Girls. I thought she took a break?

yjspanda
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

what she said reminds me of what sunhwa of secret said about being so young and having such busy schedules, these idols become robots following the schedules not having time to be regular young people their age. there are probably a lot of idols who feel the same way but don't say it.

milacacciato
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

peace and love girls

milacacciato
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

I love WG, therefore, I support her too.

MiSoYu
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

U cant say sunmi is just sunmi,she will always be a Wonder like from the start,even after lim joined. Now she is doing solo like the other girls,but i kinda know why its non confirmation abt sunmi is debuting solo under the name of wg or not.
No one know how and when WG is going to end . Wg themself, JYP,JYPent etc,dont know. If JYPent announce tht she is still under the name of wg it kinda give a signal tht wg will return. If sunmi said yes she will just give hope to us fans WG will be back when she is not sure(so they let us ppl decide outself). But 1 thing we know is tht if WG comeback someday Sunmi will for sure be there. Promise us to comeback as a Wonder,tht promise will always be there. WG treat her like a family,WFs also treat her like a family,she has always been in this family from the start.Its not the end yet.She kept her promise, so im proud to say Welcome Back WonderGirls Sunmi♥

Her MV will be out soon,so im so excited. She is really humble and lovely like always.. Reading her interviews make always smile.

sunfei
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

fighting sunmi...forget it about haters...u always part of WG for us...

ericskpop
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 11:22 am

We've missed you!

Can't wait for her solo debut !

SUNMI <3

dakir
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:59 am

please respect the  grammair rules and the right sentence  ...had the best vocalists because again WG  is over and for the best... is your own opinion !

whatever101
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:36 am

blah blah blah

"I love WG but somtimes a girl's got yolo and do whatever she wants, anyway i know i'm the first and ONLY member to go solo but i sure as hell would still love to rejoin the WG and i guess take Sunye's place as leader :)  "

babyblackjack
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:33 am

I'm just glad she's about to start performing again :D

jjangmissa
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:09 am

the she should have rejoined WG ..

anyway, good luck on your solo debut. fighting!

jjangmissa
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:10 am
*then

jjangmissa
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:09 am

the she should have rejoined WG ..

anyway, good luck on your solo debut. fighting!

96201712
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 10:06 am

Sunmi is forever wonder girl. I love WG couz they are all down to earth and like family. I can feel true love and friendship from them.

thethirdknot
· Posted August 19, 2013 @ 9:45 am

She sounds really sincere about her career, I'm really glad she will be coming back soon--we've been waiting!