Concerts / Events

Girls' Generation's Tiffany and Yuri to show their perfect teamwork as MCs for 'Incheon Korean Music Wave 2013'

August 8, 2013 @ 10:08 pm
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 98
  • 19285
  • 114
Girls' Generation's Tiffany and Yuri will reprise their roles as MCs once again for 'Incheon Korean Music Wave 2013'!

The music festival will be held at Incheon Munhak World Cup Stadium on September 1 at 7PM KST. Tiffany and Yuri served as MCs for the concert from 2009-2011 and will be back again to show their perfect teamwork on stage.

The lineup currently consists of a total of 20 idol groups, including 2AM, A-JAX, B.A.P, BTOB, EXO, F.T. Island, miss A, ZE:A, Girl's Day, BTS, B2ST, Boyfriend, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, SECRET, SISTAR, MBLAQ, KARA, T-ara, and TEEN TOP.

Fans in Korea can purchase tickets for the concert on the 9th at 10 AM KST through YES24 and check out details on the event's homepage here!

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 98 comments

Sort by:

MusicAllDay
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

renatocamara
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 6:19 pm

woohoo!! Fany+Yuri will definetly deliver as MC`s. cant wait for this music festival  so many great artists will attend... I cant... deal... with all this... awesomeness

slykng
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 11:02 am

Funny thing when someone said JYJ can't present in Incheon Korean Wave because of Yuri and Tiffany, Yulti has become the mc for 2009 ,2010,and 2011.They missed 2012 because of their schedule. JYJ issues is nothing to do with them, MBC already decide to take this 2 as MC before JYJ issues happen. And honestly, that time when JYJ decide to leave SME, they have already consider about the consequences, I hate to say that but it's true that SME is really a badass, they control everything in kpop industry, they could be the culprit behind why JYJ can't perform in IKW , but who to blame, DBSK got 5 members, if JYJ feels like those hectic schedules are insane, Changmin and Yunho sure feel like that too, but they didn't choose to leave. Now SNSD and SUJU are very famous, they have hectic schedules too, but they didn't leave SME until now. We can't blame SME for everything, we have our own choice, we make that choice and we have no right to blame anyone, just regret ourselves.Deal with it.

yuzu217
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:01 pm
That's a pretty narrow way of thinking. JYJ did not just leave SM because of the 'hectic schedules,' hell that wasn't even the bulk of their issue with SM. There are tons of other factors that JYJ pointed out that were unfair with the contract and that the court found them absurd as well. I don't have the time to list them all out for you, but if you're interested in learning more about what happened to them, then watch this: (/watch?v=nv3rCSXYafQ). Then come back to me and tell me that those weren't injustice. And mind you, JYJ weren't the only one who saw through SM's little charade of injustice (Hanggeng and HOT). Sure, I agree, it's unfair to say that just because YulTi are the MCs or that SM's artists are performing at the show that it inevitably means JYJ won't be present. It's not right to blame the artists directly because it's not their fault, it's the company's fault. I hate to point fingers to blame for JYJ's lack of appearance on this show despite them being the ambassador, but, you have to be really, really naive to think that SM had nothing to do with it because let's be honest, they probably did. And one more thing, I don't think JYJ ever regretted challenging and leaving SM, because after their whole debacle with SM, they created a lot of new opportunities for their juniors. New laws have been passed to prevent companies like SM from creating absurd contracts and new laws were created to protect the rights of the artists. So, no, I don't think they regretted what they've done. Even with the injustice they face now in the music industry, they still stand tall creating their own music because that's what they love to do, because that's their passion. They didn't let hurdles block their way, instead they surpassed them and are still successful. I think a lot of people actually look up to them because they did the impossible. They stood up for their rights and won against injustice.
slykng
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:09 pm
@yuzu217 haha...ok...so you have some misunderstood about what I said. The "regret" things, I just pointed it out from my own experience...I am not saying JYJ regret about that. Secondly, the main point of mine is I just feel like for whatever reason or any issues behind that, JYJ definitely not the only three who receive that kind of treatment, like you say Hangeng and HOT, if an article about Hangeng and HOT come out like JYJ , I will still state this out, I just don't want to get other fandoms into this. Other than JYJ, Hangeng and HOT, SME got tons of group and solo artist, tons of them, but only JYJ,Hangeng and HOT left, Why? Not "Why are they leaving?SME did nothing wrong", but "Why only them who can't endure and deal with it? SME did wrong and others knew it but why are they not leaving?" You know what I mean? I am not defending for any side or anti JYJ, I just say that this is their choice, so if fans really loves them, just deal with it like what JYJ did.
yuzu217
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 1:00 pm
@slykng "Why only them who can't endure and deal with it? SME did wrong and others knew it but why are they not leaving?" <--- I think it's pretty obvious the reason why other artists have not left SM despite mistreatment. The aftermath of what happened to JYJ IS the reason why many are too afraid to leave. They don't want to end up being ostracize like JYJ. You saw what happened to JYJ? They don't have the balls to go up against SM because they know that if they did, their career is pretty much done for. Plus, in order to terminate your contract with SM midway, artists have to pay a huge sum of money (I think 400 million won or something like that). What!?Who the f*ck would want to pay that much money to terminate a contract when they're not getting paid the right amount of money to begin with? JYJ, were the only people who challenged that. They knew it was unfair and the court thought so too. And did you see the issue with Block B? Similar issue JYJ faced. They weren't getting paid for their hard work so they sued their company. Unfortunately, unlike JYJ, they didn't win the court case, and this is what everyone's afraid of. Yes, you're right, we should just deal with the situation just like JYJ are dealing with it too. And this is how we, the fans, are dealing with it. We voice out our concerns because this is the only way we can get people to hear of their strife. Internet is the best and cheapest way to spread the word. People may think it's petty, but that's the only way we could think of. Other fans should just deal with it too.
slykng
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 8:07 pm
@yuzu217 Hot left SME before them, if like what you said, others do not dare to leave SM again because of JYJ, so why JYJ still leave SM after seeing HOT left JYJ? Why mentioned about Block B? Example won't help, I am talking about "deal with it", if Block B deal with it now, I will have nothing to say about them. No, I don't think you fans are voice out your concern, you are spreading bad things and makes only SM to be the one who done wrongly, SM cultivate them, JYJ, Hangeng but they choose to leave at last. But again, I am not asking fans to feel sorry to SM, just to make you guys know that everyone has their fault, you can't blame anyone of them. Neither SM or JYJ. SM mistreats them, so they have to go on court, JYJ leave SM, they have to face the truth that their path will be very hard from then. JYJ fans talking bad things about SM, spreading the "word" about SM, SME get pissed, JYJ fans path will be even more harder. That's why I want to tell you guys, not saying JYJ is the bad side, is fans have to stop blaming and become a real and useful fans to help JYJ to pursue their career in the future. Whining not help, the so-called-only-way not helped, if now I am staff from SM, I won't be pleased to see this. They don't care how fans saying bad things about them, if they get pissed, they just released the anger toward JYJ, your idol, and who makes JYJ that? Indirectly from the fucking fans. (Usually I avoid to use rude words, I just feel like to give you back.) =) usually I like to end with a smiling face. haha.
yuzu217
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 10:24 pm
@slykng Are you kidding me? Why would SM care about JYJ's fans? They have more things to worry about than concern themselves with JYJ's fans. They're more worried about making money than anything else so trust me when I say they don't give a fuck about out concerns. Just to let you know, even though the members of HOT left SM, they're still as successful as JYJ. I don't know what you're trying to say when you mentioned them. Stop defending SM. It's so pitiful whenever I see people defend SM saying, "stop blaming SM, it's not their fault, blah, blah, blah." No matter how much you defend SM, it still doesn't change my view on it so you can stop trying. You can slur curse words at me all you want, but that only makes you look like an idiot. You're telling me to stop defending JYJ, I will take your advice once you take your own advice and stop defending SM.
yuzu217
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 10:25 pm
@slykng Goodbye and have a nice day ;)
slykng
· Posted August 10, 2013 @ 12:53 am
@yuzu217 Thank you. Hope JYJ can get a bright future like HOT. Although they cant make it big like SUJU TVXQ or SNSD. Have a nice day JYJstan. Your sincerely, SMstan.
slykng
· Posted August 10, 2013 @ 1:01 am
@yuzu217 oh yaya... Dont ever call urself idiot. Although u already became one. You just need to judge yourself before spitting out the word. No need to blame yourself for that. Have a nice day. =)
yuzu217
· Posted August 10, 2013 @ 7:47 am
@slykng haha you don't have to worry about that cos JYJ is already bigger than suju and snsd. That's why they can still sell huge amounts of albums and sell out concerts despite not even appearing on tv lol. And one final thing, judge yourself first before you judge others you hypocrite! ;)
slykng
· Posted August 10, 2013 @ 9:36 am
@yuzu217 OH??!!Is that true? Wow!You are the first to say goodbye and yet you're back again! Stay calm dude~ sigh...you get 2 downvote, and I always get upvote in the conversation, doesn't it obvious enough? People here want you to leave~~Hypocrite~~it hurts me soooo much to see you get downvote, sincerely, I swear.LOL bwahahahahahha!
slykng
· Posted August 10, 2013 @ 9:50 am
@yuzu217 Oh, promise me that you won't call yourself an idiot again. That hurts me more than seeing you get so many downvotes. =( hahahaha! Please don't ignore this again. because not only me, people here are waiting for your reply too. =)

kingofwar
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 10:21 am

so pretty, i looking forward on it

yuzu217
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 10:06 am

How awkward would it be if they had to present JYJ lol.

suzyuen
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 11:54 am
it is nothing if they are professional MC.....
yuzu217
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:03 pm
@suzyuen Too bad we'll never find out because JYJ are probably not going to perform.
suzyuen
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:07 pm
@yuzu217 sigh...if this is truth..... shame of Korean......

hwanaq
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 8:28 am

Looking forward to it.

infinitemonkey
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I hope a certain boygroup's costume won't be so funny this time. LMFAO!

aznjen96
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 8:12 am

-.- People! Yuri and Tiffany have long been decided to be MCs before the JYJ issue was even brought up! They have been MCs for  the Incheon Korean Music Wave for 3 years already! But due to schedule conflicts they couldnt do so last year. Strong bringing JYJ into every thing Incheon Korean Music Wave realted.

shayra
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 7:49 am

No offence to snsd and all the idols invited to perform at the concert but id rather c JYJ live performance rather than them...and the fact that JYJ deserves to perform since they r the ambassador for this event...and they have been promoting the event instead of all these idols...and arent these idols feel embarassed or guilty taking up JYJ spot when they havent even done all the WORK like JYJ did?

hophu
· Posted August 10, 2013 @ 2:29 am
You're right. These idols all appear on TV, how about JYJ? It's hard as shit being a JYJ fan. All these cockblockers drive me insane

juraimijamil
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 5:06 am

With Tiffany and Yuri as MCs, there is even a lesser chance that JYJ is able to attend the event... I think SM and MBC knew that they had to do something so that JYJ cant attend so they put SNSD members as MCs... SM...MBC, you assholes...

IMakeMyPoint
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 7:47 am
Yuri and Tiffany has been the customary MCs for the Incheon music wave for 3 years , 2009, 2010 and 2011. They missed out 2012 becos they were busy last year, otherwise, it would have been YUlTi MCs for 4 years in a row. I seriously don't think this has anything to do with JYJ, the organisers love having SNSD as MCs for years

ash3070
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 4:57 am

Hmmm interesting that there are some faces missing. No Infinite, Ailee, 2ne1 or 4Minute O.O Though yay YulTi. Particularly Fany :3 x x x

danlovekwonyuri
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 2:34 am

YURI ♥♥♥♥ Finally my MCYul is back..T_T YulTi jjang!

exonoonalove
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 2:31 am

lol No one invites 2ne1 to these things. It's like how elementary school kids would give birthday party invites to everyone in class except that one nerdy girl

nativekpopper
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 1:20 am

The return of the YulTi couple! (: Sica and Taeyeon might get a wee bit jealous all over again(;

elcurandero
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:49 am

I'd prefer a lesbian show of Yuri and Tiffany instead of 20 idol groups' concert.

anon22
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 8:40 am
LOL

ibap
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:35 am

I am very excited to see them.

h5djuneds
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 12:11 am

no 4minute!!!!i want 4minuteeee!!!1000x

anon22
· Posted August 8, 2013 @ 11:57 pm

best pair of MC's!!!!

huhanhyun
· Posted August 8, 2013 @ 11:34 pm

Looking forward to see them

zehra04