Your idol history

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Purplelavender97, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Purplelavender97

Purplelavender97 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hi everyone. Welcome to my thread.

So I want this to be a discussion thread wherein you can discuss your idol/group's rise to fame and their struggles they have faced to get where they are right from the beginning.
    I thought this would great for me to learn about other group's hard work and their struggles to get to where they are.Let us all learn about eachother's biases and what our struggles.

As a reveluv, I haven't been with them sadly since their debut but I do know that they received a lot of hate in the beginning debuting amidst the exo member lawsuits, jessica leaving, and sm was just in a terrible place in 2014 and debuting rv brought the group a lot of flak. In 2015 with the addition of yeri, she received a lot of hate from ot4 fans who didn't accept her for a very long time. 2015 also became the year where they started getting recognition for their songs like dumb dumb and icc when they got they got their 1st win. They had a lot of pressure in keeping up with the sm's success. They won top 10 artist in melon in 2016 for rr. Then came the national hits rookie and red flavour which pretty much solidified their spot as a top gg to look out for 2017. In 2018 they became the representative group for korea thereby receiving the cultural award.
    I might be missing a lot but if there are reveluvs out there please educate me more on this.

P.s. Idc if its long. :p

#1 Purplelavender97, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. breeatsuga

breeatsuga Celebrity

Currency:
    full time yoongi and yeri appreciator
    i'm gonna go off i stan bts so expect a long one my kings took a long ass rode to fame ):: exhibit a. kings audition, jeongguk's only reason for joining bighit was because rm inspired him so much and he was in love with this man so he joined and along came the other members. therefore, bts are formed! unfortunately their debut wasn't big enough, it was great and they got a few awards for it, but it wasn't enough to cover up bighit's scandals. unless u don't know bighit had a group called GLAM before bts, 2 of the members blackmailed an actor cause they had sex with him while filming it and threatened to show his pregnant wife so he gave them 10 million usd and they got sued. so bighit created bts to cover them up.

due to this scandal.. bighit was broke. i remember suga saying that he had to contemplate between a bus ticket home or ramen for dinner they really had absolutely 0 dollars. suga also said that he was selling mixtapes on the street but constantly got scammed and people stole his music. finally they came out with i need u. this was a total change from their hip hop past discography and it earned them their first win! kings got money and didn't stop rising. in 2016 they won their first daesang for young forever at MAMA and all cried. suga promised all fans he wouldn't cry until they won a daesang, and he cried that day. in 2017 it was announced bts were nominated for the bbmas- the first korean act to do so. since then they've been getting 1st's in every aspect and here we are today! i didn't go too in depth with their debut since that'd take too long haha.

Zehila, yurasil, Jimimi17 and 3 others like this.
  3. suprememadisyn

suprememadisyn Barbie&Ken♡

Currency:
    Seducing My Teacher
    funny how the two main groups I stan are already done so im just sitting back enjoying typing this one sentence.

4. Purplelavender97

Currency:
    thanks! I used to Stan bts. I stopped because I didn't like their musical direction. Hopefully they keep reaching even further and I wish them well since they are the first ever kpop group I stanned.

5. Purplelavender97

Currency:
    who? Lol rv and bts.

I'm a dimwit. Sorry.

suprememadisyn likes this.
  6. suprememadisyn

Currency:
    Seducing My Teacher
    I mean my badges show it but yea them both so ima chill

Purplelavender97 likes this.
  7. loomynartychild

Currency:
    Ikon had like two survival shows and a dick of a CEO

8. breeatsuga

breeatsuga Celebrity

Currency:
    full time yoongi and yeri appreciator
    damn girl u stan the best groups around

suprememadisyn likes this.
  9. Jimimi17

Jimimi17 Celebrity

Currency:
    #1 Jimin Stan/Worshipper
    Bts is already done so I’ll do nct

Nct started off in smrookies, they debuted, released bop after bop, and are still not appreciated enough for some reason

10. Purplelavender97

Currency:
    hey at least they won soty. Its only the beginning..and yeah. Can't do anything about yg. But I think he will start listening more to ikon now that he let them have 3 comebacks in a year.

loomynartychild likes this.
  11. Purplelavender97

Currency:
    I think their whole unit thing is throwing the fans off and their concept in itself is soo new and never before tried. Sm will def not let their act fail and they already succeeding slowly this year. Also after nct's china unit, they are probably gonna rake in those Chinese fans.

nct_is_coming likes this.
  12. nct_is_coming

nct_is_coming Public Figure

Currency:
    [​IMG]

Pretty much.

Purplelavender97 and Jimimi17 like this.
  13. ruijinnie

ruijinnie Trainee

Currency:
    Jobless iKONic
    i can write an essay about ikon. i’m more of a gg stan and they’re the only boy group i really like rn.

this sums it up haha. things yg did wrong: mediaplaying/calling them the next big bang, basically pitting them against winner, not promoting members other than double b, shipping them to japan...

anyway ikon has received a lot of bandwagon hate since even before debut, and some of it was honestly stupid. people being turned off by the bullying scandal i can understand. but stuff like hating on BI cause of his father’s embezzlement scandal or that TVXQ/shinhwa fandom color issue (since when did people own colors) or accusing them of being iljins (when a simple search will reveal the members accused didn’t go to highschool) isn’t reasonable.

They also get bashed for being ugly/lack of a visual member (lol actually i found them to be one of the better looking boy groups even before i became a fan. i stand by my taste.) then when ikon’s 2017 comeback after disappearing for a long time didn’t perform well on the charts, people bandwagon hated calling them flops.

Luckily love scenario became a national hit. more people started paying attention to them and the hate has gone done a bit. they’ve grown a lot in 2018, gained over 2 million yt subscribers and even won a daesang. im shook they got three comebacks, so in hanbin we trust. they’ve released quality stuff this year, and that’s enough for me. btw i highly recommend ikontv even if you’re not a fan cause it’s hilarious. iKON, continue to rise in 2019 :yesr:anticipate january 7th 2019!

14. Purplelavender97

Currency:
    I'm actually an ikonic myself. :teeheek:

But I didn't want to get too much into their history because i wouldn't be able to bare it. Who is your bias?
    Mine is b.i:loverr3:

ruijinnie likes this.
  15. ruijinnie

ruijinnie Trainee

Currency:
    Jobless iKONic
    Lol mines b.i as well :excitedr:

16. loomynartychild

Currency:
    Ikontv was just straight up fun to watch, this is coming from a completely casual listener

17. suprememadisyn

Currency:
    Seducing My Teacher
    uh duh ppl like us actually have good taste in music

breeatsuga likes this.