Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

YG Vs BLINKS (personal opinion)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JOSEPHBRY, May 16, 2018.

1. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

I read a lot of threads about this topic in the past.... like year. And I do agree with BLINKS when they say BLACKPINK need more promotions, not only them but basically ALL YG artist.

But from ages being a YG fan something I have clear is NOT believe in whatever YG say if there no teaser, hell not even with the teaser till the actual date.

I guest BLINKS really wanted to be optimistic... but come one.. Do any YG girl group have debuted with a full album? NO.
    2NE1 first mini album was mostly basically singles they relesed before ( which YG already did with BP japanese album). There is not even a confirmation that is only new 4 songs, but Will I be surprised? No, is basically what he did with 2NE1. Even the full album had singles that were relesed before.

Why expect more than what they ever offer?.... I prefere to think we will get the same ... and be surprised if some bonus happen ( and not only with YG, cuz I just recived a surprise from SM with SHINee 10 years anniversary celebration).

The hiatus time. All YG artist have long hiatus between releses, actually will be a a very plesant surprise for me if Blackpink have their comeback with just 1 year hiatus, But as well I understand that New fans that support other groups that have more comebacks in a year feel is a long preriod.

Also Teddy is the one that basically creates YG girl groups, he select the fial members, select the name ( is not a surprise that his label name BLACKLABEL), produce and write the music....is like his personal project.
    Honestly I think that the reason he does not have social media, he never wanted to deal with Blackjacks/Blinks complains.
    Different from all 3 YG boy groups that came to be from reality tv, all of them produce their music, and all of them have atleast 2 years hiatus with each album (full/mini).

A suggetion? Dont believe in rumors till everything is confirmed ( basically dont waste energy on rumors). You can keep bothering YG social media, thats completly fine/ normal ( I think thats his job any how), but dont atack other YG artist for getting a comeback before them. And dont expect everything you wish will be granted ( remember Bigbang only have 3 album in 12 years).

If in the end you dont want ro buy the album, cuz you feel robbed. Dont feel you are obligated to do so, just cuz you are a fan. Is your money... do whatever you want with it.

#1 JOSEPHBRY, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. xXSki12Xx

xXSki12Xx Rookie

Your Mom
    honestly, smh.

JOSEPHBRY likes this.
  3. lizvip

lizvip Star

4. seoulgi

seoulgi Artist

Nothing pisses me off more than when Blinks attack Winner for getting comebacks, as if they didn't go through an even longer hiatus back in 2015. Anyway my theory is that YG is secretly jealous whenever his groups are really successful so he tries to sabotage them by not giving them a comeback.

5. I_am_scythe

I_am_scythe Entertainer

True. I hate those who are saying in social media that loathe YG and they feel like dying because of the comeback delay + they also say that instead of blinks getting more curious, they just wanna leave this fandom. Tss. Dears, always keep in your minds that you can't really control them because first of all, we're just fans. Actually, they don't obligate you to stan them, it's your personal choice so deal with it.

ITZAYANAMX and JOSEPHBRY like this.
  6. jenstals

jenstals Star

Where are you getting this from 21 had 17 songs in their first 2 years. Blackpink will be lucky if they get even 10. Apart from One, every other new gen YG act, from Winner, Ikon, AKMU and even Lee Hi debuted with full albums. Just this year alone both boy groups got full albums, then why is it so wrong for us to want a full album for Blackpink as well? Especially when they don't even have an album prior to this.

#6 jenstals, May 16, 2018
    JenJennie7, Treya and JOSEPHBRY like this.
  7. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

Yes. WINNER had a really long hiatus before they were abbly to relese anymore.music after their debut. And not even today they get good promotions ( their promotion for their EVERYD4Y album was a month

ITZAYANAMX likes this.
  8. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

If some one want to leave blackpink, they should do so. Nothing what theh say wilm presure YG and that have being demosteated over the years. In thw wnd they will do whatever they want.

ITZAYANAMX and I_am_scythe like this.
  9. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

I was there during 2ne1 debut and promotions. They relesed most of their songs are singles before relseing ech mini album. Their first Mini album had most of the songs they already relesed and promoted (lollipop, I dont care, fire) and like 3 new ones ( people will bw very angry if YG do the same for BP). And their first full album included as well songs thar were already relesed.
    Between each full album they have 4 years of difference.
    And to add an more difference YG only had 2 groups then,....BIGBANG was promoting in japan during that releses.

AKMU did not debuted with an album, they has several singles relesesed before their actual full album relese, and most of their songs were all ready for years ( the brother wrote them) And the same goes for Lee Hi who debuted with a single "1234", then an album the next year and took her nearly 3 years to get an other album.

Like I said and you skipped in my post All YG boy groups came from reality shows, and have produced all their album o their own, and even like that WINNER debut album was delayed for like nearly year and then relesing albums always took them years. BLACKPINK depend on TEDDY and when he have their songs ready.... YG simple will depend on him when is about girl groups, fact.( and Krush is not even there to help, with hid legal problem)

And like I said in my post as well you all can wish having full album, but dont expect that your wishes will be granted considering all YG history with this groups, specially with girl groups. Wishes =/= Reality.
    Is better being surprised than being disappointed for believing something they did not even mention ever ( the most YG have mention about an album was a mini- lol and I did not even believed that).

#9 JOSEPHBRY, May 16, 2018
    ITZAYANAMX and I_am_scythe like this.
  10. jenstals

jenstals Star

So was I and bottom line is that everyone under the company, was treated better in their rookie years and had more content than Blackpink and Jaewon have.

JenJennie7 likes this.
  11. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

WINNER had 3 weeks promotion with a full album before they were send to japan. So not exactly. But that your opinion and I respect that.
    From what i get frlm.other blinks they did not wanted other singles relesed ( like 2ne1 did before thwir mini albums and album), they wabted an album ( with all new songs), wish is why I write this. Not even 1 YG artist get all new songs in their album.

That they will comeback with only a year of hiatus and a possible 4 new songs that just unlikely YG already.

ITZAYANAMX likes this.
  12. jenstals

jenstals Star

and blackpink had no promotions but inkigayo before they were sent to the dungeon again, so my point stands

JenJennie7 likes this.
  13. JOSEPHBRY

JOSEPHBRY Entertainer

Same with WINNER. 3 weeks of only 2 music shows. Did not even a variety. And then japan.

Blackpink in other had had 4 singles relesed and promoted and had several variety shows between 2016-2017 and then japan.

I'm not in my house or I would list you each one of their activities of both group during their debut year. But I'm not. When I get if you want to I will.

ITZAYANAMX and Redvelvetinfires like this.
  14. ITZAYANAMX

ITZAYANAMX Entertainer

I think after the financial information they released, people really expected a quik change from YG, which is unrealistic. If we saw the numbers 2 million dollars of actual revenue, which is basically the standar from the others companies as well, is just they lost a lot from MIX9, and they did not do as much as last year first quarter.

I think Blinks have all the right to complain and ask YG for things, after all, all YG fandoms do it. What happen here is that some blinks think that “they deserve it all after the long hiatus” (when they say long hiatus I feel bad for some of them, cuz they have not experience a really long one yet, they at least knew where blackpink was and what they were doing),to the point to attack other groups (specially WINNER). And don’t even bother to see all what they have to do, to finally get promotions, and that all YG artist DESERVE to be promoted.

And I agree with you when you said, a wish is not equal to a reality. Most people got disappointed cuz did not took in consideration anything of what you said here. “Don’t expect things from people when you have never seen them doing it to others”, that what my mom would say.

I think as well is time for YG to get other producers involved in to Blackpink albums, Teddy even worked on seungri upcoming album!. Or make sure the girls start to write and produce themselves. He have to much work. But seem like Blackpink is really an other personal project….

I saw the 2ne1 comparition, and I don’t think they would like that either. Cuz then BLACKPINK will keep releasing singles till they have atleast 7 song and then put them all in an album, with only one new song (that could still be possible), that what happened with each 2ne1 EP (With Bigbang as well).

There were too much expectations from Blinks and most of it were product of their imagination (basically the full album, I read the other thread about what he actually said… and basically he just hinted a mini album).

Any way is better to wait for an official information of what they are releasing from the company it self

Not related: sooo excited for SHINee as well, finally SM did a good work, I was really surprised, 3 albums in one month!