Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Would you permanently move to south korea?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by crayforchicken, Jun 18, 2017.

1. crayforchicken

crayforchicken Entertainer

For me No... I mean it would be nice getting to see my bias group more often but ironically South Korea is one of the last places where I would want to permanently live at. I definitely want to TRAVEL to South Korea since it is such a beautiful Country but definitely wouldn't permanently reside there.

lousaki, Sephir8, Sesamezmak and 8 others like this.
  2. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Personally, yeah.

3. boruto

boruto Star

well if you mean for the rest of my life no
    for a year or two, yes, why not

Resumen, Envyy, Sesamezmak and 5 others like this.
  4. EvilAppa

EvilAppa Artist

Travel? yes... move to? hell no.. I don't see many opportunities for foreigners moving to South Korea...

Sesamezmak, Sugar_Hugs, ezenk and 5 others like this.
  5. MarksRamenhair

No. moving to a country just because you like kpop is stupid. That's like someone moving to America just because you like Hollywood. You'll have to learn the language, Culture, get a job and even then it won't be easy. Imma just stay my ass in England where I belong, and pray for nct or bts to find out England exists

lasey, LongAssRider, JJBaker and 12 others like this.
  6. qu33n

qu33n Star

I've thought about teaching English there when I graduate so in a way I guess yes.
    Tbh, I've never really been interested in going even with my kpop obsession but my cousin went for two weeks and she couldn't stop talking about the food and sadly that is what warmed me up to the idea :sweatr:

7. grumps

grumps Artist

Probably not.
    I can see myself moving there for a year or two, but I'm not the type to force myself into an uncomfortable situation. I don't think my interest weighs enough to have to gel myself into a society I probably wouldn't even be welcomed into.

8. ImDaOne

ImDaOne Artist

no
    unless i don't have to work there (aka live there but work through the web and stuff)
    and even less if i have to study there
    i appreciate my life tyvm

9. xbunni_desix

xbunni_desix Artist

Hmm,I wouldn't personally live there permanently,but I wouldn't mind staying there for like a year.But most likely,I'd just visit

10. kingespada20

kingespada20 Artist

11. LongAssRider

LongAssRider Artist

i'm black so..no

dope_5, Envyy, Openyour_rice and 7 others like this.
  12. rinah108

rinah108 Artist

im planning on studying there for my masters degree in 2,3 years
    i will stay if i find a good job, friends, soulmate(??? Lol)
    actually i would really really like to stay there but i don't know if i'm gonna fit in

LovelySerenity likes this.
  13. southclubstan

I have been here for 3 weeks and I am dead already.I normally come for simmer break with my siblings but my parents only shipped me.But I hae alot of stuff to spend time on.I went to two inkigayo shows of iKON and went to Saitama for their dome concert.I hope Winner makes a comeback before my summer break finishes

14. NORM

NORM Rookie

Nah, but I wouldnt mind studying/working there for a fixed amt of time.
    Emigrating to another country is a stress i wish to avoid in this life. Aint nobody got time for all those paperwork/requirements
    My home country is my preferred homebase. Would miss the food too darn much :loverr3:

15. princess101

princess101 Artist

I would love to travel there or even study there for one semester, but the only way I would live in South Korea permanently is if I got married to a Korean and my future husband would not want to live in the USA, and even then it would be extremely difficult, because that means I would be separated from my family.

Suga_Kookie_53 likes this.
  16. ArieIIe

ArieIIe Artist

lol no

Openyour_rice likes this.
  17. WHY_SO_SERIOUS17

WHY_SO_SERIOUS17 Entertainer

18. beashineeshawol

No.
    I would totally make an extended visit!
    I love exploring other cultures and find the Korean culture endearing in many ways but I wouldn't want to live there.
    There aren't a lot of things for non-Korean foreigners to do there other than teach English (which I have zero interest in doing).
    Not to mention the xenophobia that often comes with being a mostly homogenous nation. (I doubt Korea is as bad a Japan though.)
    Koreans take pride in foreigners liking Korea, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Koreans like foreigners (especially the older generation).
    The only way that I would live there is if I married a Korean (or had some other sort of divine life intervention occur). No doubt it would still be difficult, but then I would consider it worth it.

19. SowonderfulBlue

I like this very much, just from this sentence alone. Lol. Anyone who would move for this reason alone is either a young fan girl/boy or plain dumb honestly. Aside from what you've stated already, cultural difference is huge alone. While there are racist people everywhere, Koreans not only have that stigma against black people, but on skin color alone so unless you have the complexion of a dead body, good luck. It's also difficult for foreigners to thrive and do well in traditional/conservative countries like Korea and Japan.

#19 SowonderfulBlue, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Sephir8, Envyy, Openyour_rice and 6 others like this.
  20. takit

takit Artist

@LongAssRider; I am biracial and I've lived in Korea periodically surmounting to 6 months to 3 months. I love it there, if you do not want to mix with Korean there is a wide conglomerate of international people living there.