Working in YG sounds great

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by ilikeJB, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    The staff gets paid to do nothing, they have way too much staff for way too little projects. Must be amazing to come to work just to cover the desks.

#whereisthatBPcomebackshittyYG
    #itsalmostmidnovember
    #fuckingassholesreleaserosèsolo

2. paradise52

paradise52 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Getting more juice than Hi-C
    You'd think with that new big ass building they'd hire more people... but I've always thought some YG artists lack of releases is about the image YGE want to give them, not for lack of staff

Limca and HardcoreBLINK like this.
  3. Teudungi21

Teudungi21 Idol

Currency:
    YG's music business is just a front for all his criminal shit.

Limca, Celinegirls, NIKKIEF and 2 others like this.
  4. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    Actually they already have 200+ staff. It was reported that YG has 200+ staff but with such amount of projects, its questionable why they even need 200 people. JYP had triple amount of release and they only have 100+ staff.

I wasn’t saying the artist lack releases because they lack of staff, I’m saying the dumb company has that many staff but still can’t produce even a decent amount of releases????

5. sek_c Celebrity

Currency:
    not defending yg at all but yg is a way bigger conglomerate than jyp will ever be
    jyp's main focus and main money maker is twice
    yg otoh has a side company, blacklabel, a modeling branch, handles famous actors and actresses, have businesses with the biggest names in fashion, etc. not just music

6. paradise52

paradise52 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Getting more juice than Hi-C
    I see, didn't know about that!
    But like I said, it's more of image issue I think, remember that time when Ikon came back idk 3 times in the year? So they had the staff+resources

7. NanM

NanM Public Figure

Currency:
    #whereisthatBPcomebackshittyYG
    #itsalmostmidnovember
    #fuckingassholesreleaserosèsolo

These hashtags are everything..

HardcoreBLINK likes this.
  8. NanM

NanM Public Figure

Currency:
    Also,like someone else said they have alot of other focuses and labels not just in music? Byt also modeling, fashion and acting, they also ometimes produce music for artists outside of YG

HardcoreBLINK likes this.
  9. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    I need to correct myself on some facts. JYP has 215 staff, YG has 360.

Twice is not JYP’s main focus, Twice is Division 3’s main focus. Division 2 focus on Got7, Yubin, Itzy and JY Park. Division 1 focus on SKZ and 2pm (now mainly Nichkhun). Studio J focus on Day6. Sure JYP are not a big conglomerate like YG but they manage that 4 divisions to run in parallel. Twice may be JYP’s most successful group but that doesn’t mean they are the main moneymaker. all their groups are the moneymaker. Twice brings a lot of cash doesn’t mean JYP doesn’t want Got7 and SKZ’s cash. They are smart, they pick up all the cash they can get.

Blacklabel, YGX, YG Kplus are either merger companies or independent labels, meaning the staff under these sub labels are not considered staff of YG Entertainment. Just like Somi is not signed under YG, no matter how strong the YG affiliation is. Each sub label company will all report their employees as a self standing company. The 360 staff doesn’t include the other label staff so what is those staff even doing?

But lets say all the sub label employees is included in the 360 employees, SM has 400+ employees with double the sublabels under their belt. And they still had time to generate their artist’s comeback, and prepare projects for them. They are the bigger conglomerate here, and they have the most employees, and the result of those 400 employees is seen. I don’t see much results from YG here even if they have such a large number of staff.

Limca, Lhhykssedsrk, GDXT and 4 others like this.
  10. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    SM has double the sublabels at 400 employees and still manage to have decent number of projects for their active artist. YG (to correct) has 360 employees, are they really too busy with their sublabels to not even prepare much projects for their active artist? Because if that’s the case then its either SM employees are too good at eficiency or YG is just that bad at managing anything altogether.

sonemariam and Xoxo7 like this.
  11. monke

monke Feline Villain

Currency:
    i don't know about other companies, but YGE do most things inhouse (composers, producers, production etc) so that could also the reason for the amount of employees. SM outsource those things i think?
    and like other posters said, they also have many models and actors, as well as dance school.

gaylekwon and HardcoreBLINK like this.
  12. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Public Figure

Currency:
    if you open JYP publishing site JYP actually have almost the same amount of inhouse producer as Yg, I even think JYP had more. And if you see the list of releases their producers made this year alone for both JYP and non JYP artist, its much much more than YG’s release. With around the same number of producers, YG is falling behind JYP in music production. Thus whats the point of having so much producers when they can’t even release much under the company.

YGX, Black label all have their own staff that is not apart of YGE. And like I said up there, even if the 360 people includes YGX, Blacklabel, etc, SM has 414, they also have double the sublabels, and they still have constant projects for their active artists. I’m not talking comebacks, I am talking simply on putting their artist out there on a job that is not just jetsetting modeling.

sonemariam likes this.
  13. queen-hyuna02

queen-hyuna02 Newbie

Currency:
  14. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    SM buy songs and reproduce them with an SM touch therefore they also use their in-house employees. They don't buy and immediately use whatever is bought.

Even when they work with external and in most cases western producers, there's always an in-house producer to make sure the song has the SM touch required.

Lhhykssedsrk likes this.
  15. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    Every agency is lacking but YG is next level, little content for their most successful acts however, they've always managed to make lots of money in the past, I don't know what the future will be like for them.

GDXT likes this.
  16. GDXT

GDXT Celebrity

Currency:
    lmao
    :angryr::cryingr:

sonemariam likes this.
  17. MikaylaPark

MikaylaPark Rookie

Currency:
    YG and their staff can go f*** dem selves

Fcked up 2NE1, no BP music, no Lee Hi, ikon going down the drain, T13 debut is already 6 months too late

I am so sick of this company they can choke. I pray for YG's bankruptancy asap! While they are at it take TS with them

18. harambeisalive

harambeisalive Celebrity

Currency:
    Don't forget the company medical policy, free drugs.

19. NanM

NanM Public Figure

Currency:
    That last line mate, YG has proven not know how to do shit.