With Blackpink World Tour Being Sponsored K-netz Were Right After All.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Park_Oppa, Jan 9, 2019.

1. monogmono

monogmono Public Figure

Currency:
    It's not a bad thing, it's good for YG.
    But if BP pause the concert to talk about the product just like what they did with the seoul concerts it's a bad thing, people pay to see BP not a comercial.

#41 monogmono, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    propanda, Ruki_Rush and mpfc like this.
  2. transparent

transparent Super Rookie

Currency:
    Good for the company, bad for the fans

3. alicehalf

alicehalf Rookie

Currency:
    It's sad to see them advertising these sponsors during their concert, this is just out of nowhere and ... debasing.
    I never see an artist advertising their shampoo or their credit card to their public at their own concert, this is just so embarrassing and humiliating for them and for us to watch, because they have to mention the name of these brand in a positive way to get the money.
    Makes me remember Hunger Games with all these evil sponsors and Katniss trying to humiliate these cumbersome sponsors... lol

These idols are just products, and these sponsors are proud to make them tell it to us again. Not that bad? Just dehumanizing and dirty for an artist.

#43 alicehalf, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    propanda likes this.
  4. catbitmytongue

catbitmytongue Trainee

Currency:
    Seriously? Do you really know what you're talking about?

yoonbread, lizvip and NewtoKpop100 like this.
  5. staindz

staindz Celebrity

Currency:
    Did you just miss a couple of replies?

6. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    people are missing the point here, the bad thing is not get sponsored, its stop de concert to advertise the products, just like they did...as some users said, people pay to see a concert not for teleshopping spots...:rolleyes:, and the other bad thing is if you mediaplay that the concert venue was full, but 2 thousand seats were occupied by sponsors, or sponsors related...you are lying in a certain way...

7. staindz

staindz Celebrity

Currency:
    I agree that peddling their sponsor's ware is a significant detraction, but ticket booked to sponsors are sometimes requirements coming from the sponsor themselves.

8. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    Whatever, it doesn't matter because at least black pink is touring, meeting fans and making money.

ListenToBadMusic likes this.
  9. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    Instead of the sponsors I'd worry about the number of songs they'll be performing.

10. Valenttinna

Currency:
    With the seat thing, are you trying to imply that those seats are not used by fans that got the tickets thanks to the sponsor? Lol

Because i bought my lollapalooza ticket with the bank that sponsors the show and i still had to fight for a ticket lol

11. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    "Thanks to these companies who sent out invitations, 2000 seats were filled in 2 days." these companies send out invitations to fans? ....
    i dont know how its works in other countries..but if the venue has 10 k seats in example, and out of 10k , 2k are used by sponsors or people invited by sponsors....the concert venue is not full thanks to fans
    i read that the invitations were sent by sponsors, you dont know is the person who acceptes the invitation is a stan or not and the word invitation is my book means a type of gift or offer that you dont have to pay..ususally the invitations are sent to people from the company, people related to those companys...

12. zodiark

zodiark Star

Currency:
    J E N S O O
    Wait you actually believe 2000 seats were filled by sponsors? You know this is from PANN right? It's a complete lie. In total there were 90 tickets given out through giveaways where you had to pay money to enter them anyways.

13. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    i am not psychic, idk if this is true or not, i am giving my opinion based on what is written....

howmoist likes this.
  14. PringleGoddess

PringleGoddess Trainee

Currency:
    I mean pretty much everything is sponsored to some degree. Ten or so years ago my uncle was involved with sponsorship of a local minor league hockey team. I live in a place where those games drew only around 2000-3000 people per game and they still had major sponsors such as Coca Cola and BMW (where my uncle worked). You don't need to be insanely popular to have sponsors for your events.

15. zodiark

zodiark Star

Currency:
    J E N S O O
    Well I can tell you it isn't true because I know all the giveaways they did. And it's from pann so that should already tell you it's BS.

16. MC_Kpop

MC_Kpop Rookie

Currency:
    I actually see lots of people in Asian forum(I can read 4 languages) posting about their sponsorship tickets/ blogs about free concert tickets. And there is proof people resold their sponsorship tickets at lower than market price. This topic is not only in Pann. That could be created by hater, but they posted with receipts.

Below article was come from a translation in Korean article. Journalist don't usually write this kind of information about a concert, especially this is toward Big 3 artist.
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/korean-journalists-no-fans-cheering-in-blackpink-concert

The point is not saying BP is not popular, they have fandom with good size, but YG trying to put them into a bigger venue than they can actually sell which end up full of sponsorship tickets. Even their Jakarta/KL/HK concerts that currently still show available in their website, while YG is loud when some venues are sold out.

It's normal to have sponsorship in concert, but I never seen any celebrity will promote their sponsor in their concert. (I watch concert at least 4/5 times a year) Its possible that their sponsor contributed bigger than normal for their concert sales hence they are forced to talk about that in concert.

mpfc likes this.
  17. Valenttinna

Currency:

Any person with 2 healthy ears can watch any fancam of their concert and realize that article is bull shit

18. zodiark

zodiark Star

Currency:
    J E N S O O
    I've already seen that article and it's a bunch of BS. They've only been a journalist for 5 months lmao.. You can watch multiple fancams of blinks cheering for the members and during songs and VCR. This "journalist" was obviously trying to gain attention from this article.

19. ListenToBadMusic

ListenToBadMusic Trendsetter

Currency:

Why would you listen to a random article when there are obvious fancams out there showing the opposite?

Also, literally every major event gets sponsorships. It's how most of them can even function to begin with. My company sponsors so many events every year. Depending on what package we decide to sponsor at, we'll receive complimentary tickets at that level. They aren't free fyi, us paying them thousands of dollars is why we get them.

Kia sponsoring the tour just means more money goes into YG and BP's pockets. Who cares too much if they mention the sponsor during talking breaks, only non-fans trying to use it as a drag. Look at any sporting event and they hit you with that shit at every commercial break.

20. pwswan

pwswan Public Figure

Currency:
    More often than not, Western tours are sponsored. For example, here's an ad for the biggest European tour of the year.
    [​IMG]